* * * * * 10 votes

Free Soft/Hardcover book from Amazon for signing up for Audible Trial (YMMV)

#1 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

On the top of a lot of book pages if you are eligible it will show something that says like "Get this book plus 2 others for free", sign up for the trial and it gives you a promo credit instantly. And it works for up to $50 for free.

Posted it in gaming deals since it can apply towards Strategy Guides and Artbooks as well (Which can be quite fucking pricy), if you are eligible the offer should show up on this page, or the Horizon Zero Dawn Artbook page

https://www.amazon.c...Art of Splatoon

Used mine already on the Megaman Tribute book

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#2 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20780 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

At first I read this as "Free Soft/Hardcore book from Amazon".

I was like, hot damn!

This is still cool though. ^__^

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#3 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

At first I read this as "Free Soft/Hardcore book from Amazon".

I was like, hot damn!

This is still cool though. ^__^

I mean....you could probably find something erotic if that suited your needs

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#4 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20780 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

I mean....you could probably find something erotic if that suited your needs

giphy.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#5 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Nice

Got Horizon Dawn

#6 ZForce  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

Cool, I got the Gwent/Witcher artbook, I'll cancel the trial once it arrives

Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#7 Kyle1022  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Anyone know how long the credit lasts? It won't apply for a preorder of the Super Mario Odyssey collector's guide, but I'm wondering if I can wait until it officially comes out and then use it towards purchasing it

#8 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Anyone know how long the credit lasts? It won't apply for a preorder of the Super Mario Odyssey collector's guide, but I'm wondering if I can wait until it officially comes out and then use it towards purchasing it

No idea unless its hidden somewhere in the fine print, didn't even notice the maximum price value until someone on another forum pointed it out right before I used it on a $25 book

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#9 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6182 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:20 PM

i found these that works: Im deciding what to get lol

Zelda Art and Artifacts

Art of Horizon

The Last Guardian Extraordinary Story

Art of Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Art of Dishonored 2

World of Witcher Compendium

Elders Scrolls Online Volume 1 and 2 boxset

Art of Bioshock Infinite

Art of Fire Emblem Awakening

Art of Dead Space

Art of Alien: Isolation
Art of DOOM
Art of The Mass Effect Universe
Art of The Last of Us
Art of Mass Effect: Andromeda
Art of the Uncharted Trilogy
Art of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Art of Titanfall
Art of Titanfall 2
Art of Deus Ex Universe
Rise of the Tomb Raider: The Official Art Book
Art of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Art of Destiny
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: The Art of the Movie
Alien: The Archive-The Ultimate Guide to the Classic Movies
Art of Halo 5: Guardians
Awakening: The Art of Halo 4
Super Famicom: The Box Art Collection
Nintendo 64 Anthology Classic Edition
Playing With Power: Nintendo NES Classics

#10 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Fucking awesome, thank you!  I got the Red Wheelbarrow book from Mr. Robot.

Posted Image

#11 tonyvx  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Damn, just spent like $200 on Image Hardcovers. Oh well, I'm sure I can find something to spend this on.

Why is it I'm more anxious and indecisive on what to spend free money on than I am with my actual real money?

#12 Kyle1022  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

By the way, it works for items that cost over $50. I used it on the Zelda Breath of the Wild Deluxe guide, and it brought it from $54.xx to $0.00

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#13 ohram   Ohram CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

I haven't tried it yet, but on different artbooks I've been seeing this link pop up. It might stack and you can get two free books, though it might be Kindle only. I don't know.

https://www.amazon.c...rd_i=1595829946

:twoguns:

#14 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Damn, just spent like $200 on Image Hardcovers. Oh well, I'm sure I can find something to spend this on.

Why is it I'm more anxious and indecisive on what to spend free money on than I am with my actual real money?

No idea lol, I spent a good 30 minutes myself deciding when I knew the obvious choice would be one of the more expensive options

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#15 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

Just snagged a 54.99 book for free, might be worth checking other high value books as well if you're interested in that.

Free DS2U

#16 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3825 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

Does it work on pre-order books? I want the Overwatch artbook.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#17 ToastyTheBaker  

ToastyTheBaker

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

Got Skyrim SE guide for free. 38 bucks absolutely free. I checked the 54 dollar deluxe zelda guide and it also worked on that, but decided to go for skyrim since my gf just got it. Immediately canceled the audible membership. It almost feels like stealing.... 

#18 tonyvx  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

Does it work on pre-order books? I want the Overwatch artbook.

It does not.

#19 Kyle1022  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

Got Skyrim SE guide for free. 38 bucks absolutely free. I checked the 54 dollar deluxe zelda guide and it also worked on that, but decided to go for skyrim since my gf just got it. Immediately canceled the audible membership. It almost feels like stealing.... 

Can you post the link to where you canceled?

#20 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11172 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

I tried it on the huge Udon Art of Capcom book that costs like $62 and it didnt work so im guessing somewhere between $55-60 is the cutoff price

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#21 ToastyTheBaker  

ToastyTheBaker

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

Can you post the link to where you canceled?

https://www.audible....=ya_d_l_audible

#22 ToastyTheBaker  

ToastyTheBaker

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

You can also go to "memberships and subscriptions" under Your Account on Amazon and click the link for audible. 

#23 Pixelbuster   Beware I live! CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Pixelbuster

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

Ok I finally got the thing on my account, do you know where you get the promotional credits?

#24 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

This is awesome, thank you

Join Ebates

Join PrizeRebel

#25 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3711 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Grabbed The Art of Rick and Morty ($35.99). Thanks op!

#26 Pixelbuster   Beware I live! CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Pixelbuster

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

How do you know if you're eligible or not? I'm not seeing any discount on checkout and when I signed up for it on audible it gave me the credits but not for the books

#27 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15375 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Where are you cancelling on this page? I have nowhere that shows an option to cancel on this page.

#28 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

How do you know if you're eligible or not? I'm not seeing any discount on checkout and when I signed up for it on audible it gave me the credits but not for the books

After clicking on the banner for the offer and starting the audible trial, I got an email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon Customer,

As a thank you for joining Audible today, you have received a promotional credit to use towards the purchase of select Hardcover or Paperback books sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

This credit has been automatically applied to your account and will appear in the ‘Order Summary’ section of the checkout page listed as "Audible Promotion." The eligible funds will be automatically applied to your qualifying order, and you will see this reflected at check out.

Please see below for additional details about this credit, as well as the offer terms and conditions.

Happy listening – and reading!

Here is the fine print:

Eligible customers will receive a promotional credit good for one (1) free physical, hardcover book from a curated selection of books priced up to $50 when they sign up for a new Audible trial membership. Offer valid from 7:00 a.m. (PT) on September 10, 2017 until 11:59 p.m. (PT) on November 10, 2017 or while supplies last. Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) 30 days from date the promotional credit is received. Customers who have had an Audible membership or trial in the past 3 months are not eligible for this offer. Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible". You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards. Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Offer does not apply to digital content. Offer may not be combined with other offers, is non-transferable and may not be resold. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Amazon and Audible reserve the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. 

By the way, I got the BotW Deluxe Guide thanks to Kyle1022's suggestion, thanks!

Join Ebates

Join PrizeRebel

#29 ToastyTheBaker  

ToastyTheBaker

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:09 PM

Where are you cancelling on this page? I have nowhere that shows an option to cancel on this page.

You can also go to "memberships and subscriptions" under Your Account on Amazon and click the link for audible. The cancel button is in smaller text under an orange button if I remember correctly.

#30 Pixelbuster   Beware I live! CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Pixelbuster

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

After clicking on the banner for the offer and starting the audible trial, I got an email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon Customer,

As a thank you for joining Audible today, you have received a promotional credit to use towards the purchase of select Hardcover or Paperback books sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

This credit has been automatically applied to your account and will appear in the ‘Order Summary’ section of the checkout page listed as "Audible Promotion." The eligible funds will be automatically applied to your qualifying order, and you will see this reflected at check out.

Please see below for additional details about this credit, as well as the offer terms and conditions.

Happy listening – and reading!

Interesting, I didn't see it in my email cause all I got was a confirmation email about my free trial and that's it