* * * * * 10 votes

Free Soft/Hardcover book from Amazon for signing up for Audible Trial (YMMV)

#361 MrMountie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

MrMountie

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

Got my Nausicaa today, wasn't packaged great and the corner is smashed up but it was free so whatever.

#362 ZeroFlame15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   805 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

ZeroFlame15

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

Got The Art of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and surprisingly, Got not only 2 copies of it but also 2 copies of Spider-Man Homecoming 4k (Had it preordered). 

#363 OPTICS  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

After looking at what others got some pages back I ended up getting The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Box Set. I was looking at Transformers: The Complete All Hail Megatron and anything else for my final two. Someone mentioned Senran Kagura, but I just prefer hardcovers. There were drawing anatomy books, contemporary house design, Batman: Dark Knight Saga, and many more to choose from, but I wanted to get the most from it. Plus, I wanted a complete series/events. Thats why I didn't get the Saga books or anything else that was incomplete. I definitely would've picked up the 3 Locke and Key Master books if I had three available. It was already too late when I noticed those books.

I have multiple accounts so I was able to get all these:

Highschool of the Dead Omnibus Vol. 1

Highschool of the Dead Omnibus Vol. 2

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Box Set

The Planetary Omnibus

The Legend of Zelda: Arts and Artifacs

Marvel's Infinity (Hardcover)

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Hardcover) ... I hope I got the right one. The TPB had completely different issues.

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition

#364 victimsofadown   Lurker CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

victimsofadown

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Doesn’t seem to be working on either of my accounts :/. It’s a banner/near the top, right?
Posted Image

#365 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7328 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Doesn’t seem to be working on either of my accounts :/. It’s a banner/near the top, right?

I think it has been dead for a couple of days now.  

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#366 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13135 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

Got my Nausicaa today, wasn't packaged great and the corner is smashed up but it was free so whatever.

Had it not taken so long I would've remembered to post about the free popcorn deal for spending $25 that stacked with this. Mine should be coming in a box thanks to the combination order and probably would've helped you guys out too. Sucks that Amazon refuses to change despite millions of complaints by this point.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#367 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20682 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

Had it not taken so long I would've remembered to post about the free popcorn deal for spending $25 that stacked with this. Mine should be coming in a box thanks to the combination order and probably would've helped you guys out too. Sucks that Amazon refuses to change despite millions of complaints by this point.

Somebody already did in the first few pages. ;D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#368 Flash Strife   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Flash Strife

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

My Nausicaa set is coming Friday. Hyped. Need to check if the BoTW Deluxe guide I got with my sis account is shipping soon.

#369 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

My Witcher Compendium arrived on Tuesday (gf's account), but my BotW deluxe guide is still in the "we don't know" part of shipping with an eta of Nov 15th. Looks like everybody tried to get one lol.

#370 Kique  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Good thinking, but sadly it didn't work with Nausicaa. I tried it and the popcorn was free, but the book discount was reduced. It seemed that the credits were combined and subject to the same credit limit.

Edit: My Nausicaa came in and luckily it was pretty well packaged. Also, I used my audible credits for A Game of Thrones and the 2nd book. Really enjoying it so far. I can't believe so many people are overlooking the audio books part of this deal! Gonna keep my subscription just to show some support for this sweet sign up bonus.

#371 genesis49  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Not sure it matters at this point, but the art of overwatch book is down to $31 for the preorder

#372 Buckeye23  

Buckeye23

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

I contacted them via chat yesterday and they weren’t able to help but escalated it via email response. Today I got an email apologizing and with a code for a free book up to $50. Yay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#373 Kyle1022  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Why won't the mods do their jobs already and move this into the deal graveyard? This has been dead for days. If you didn't already get your Audible credit, you aren't getting now.

#374 ttocshsoj   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

Why won't the mods do their jobs already and move this into the deal graveyard? This has been dead for days. If you didn't already get your Audible credit, you aren't getting now.

After a few phone calls and chats which I was told to just keep waiting I finally got an email with my code this evening. Hopefully others can still get theirs too.

#375 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

Ya I mentioned it a while ago lol but lots of ppl forgot to add it apparently lol

I can't get the Nausicca box set. The one listed by amazon is over $50 and won't qualify now =(
Edit: Weird ok it worked even though its over $50...like how the Zelda Deluxe BOTW guide is $54.39 works too. Is that the most expensive that promo works on?

If u have Prime remember to get ur free popcorn lol https://www.amazon.c...ode=17132264011

I am still waiting for my books lol

#376 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13135 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:18 AM

Book came intact today; shipped in a box thanks to the big bag of popcorn. Almost tossed out the popcorn thinking it was rather bland until realizing the caramel corn was separate and had just shifted down. Not bad for free. :)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#377 Flash Strife   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Flash Strife

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Got my BoTW Deluxe guide that I got with my sisters account today. Came in a box within a box. Haven't opened it yet but the top of the shrinkwrap was cut a bit and I believe a corner of the map poster was popping out of the opening so it's a bit bent and frayed but the book itself seems to be in perfect condition and free is free. My Nausicaa set comes in tomorrow. Anyone know any good gaming or comic related audiobooks to get?

#378 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8301 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

Got my BoTW Deluxe guide that I got with my sisters account today. Came in a box within a box. Haven't opened it yet but the top of the shrinkwrap was cut a bit and I believe a corner of the map poster was popping out of the opening so it's a bit bent and frayed but the book itself seems to be in perfect condition and free is free. My Nausicaa set comes in tomorrow. Anyone know any good gaming or comic related audiobooks to get?

Ready Player One

best book i've read/listened to

#379 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6109 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

im still waiting for amazon to ship my books. always slow for me. even if i preordered stuff months in advance. they tend to ship it out a week later after launch day and get my stuff delivered in 2 days. just letting u know i dont have prime

#380 Sako   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:18 AM

DMjO7KKUEAA0QFk.jpgHad my mail carrier deliver my free book collection today, thanks again OP!

#381 OPTICS  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

DMjO7KKUEAA0QFk.jpgHad my mail carrier deliver my free book collection today, thanks again OP!

Nice!

I cancelled my order for The Sky this morning when I saw that it wouldn't be delivered for another 3-4 weeks even though Amazon has it in stock...... I replaced it with All Hail Megatron instead.... but now I kinda want it. So luckily, I was still able to cancel a book that was preparing for shipment. Used that on The Sky instead of Days of Future Past. I guess I'll just have to wait. Hopefully they don't cancel my order. One of my orders mysteriously cancelled a few hours after I placed it the other day.

Anyways, TLoZ: Arts & Artifacts arrived yesterday. I should be getting most of my orders next week.

#382 Doctor Zod  

Doctor Zod

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

I know is frowned upon to discuss Xbox-related stuff in this thread and in the collector's edition one as well (I kid, I kid), but finally got my copy of "The Art of Halo 5: Guardians" on Tuesday but forgot to open the box until today. Totally worth the $0,00 I paid for it. Now I wish 343i would just stop with the mystery and announce Halo 6 already.

doctor+zod.png

#383 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

Got my Zelda deluxe guide today and its a little dinged up on one corner. Disappointed, but free is free lol Gonna wait till next week to order the OW art book and Mario Odyssey guide.

#384 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2567 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:08 AM

I know is frowned upon to discuss Xbox-related stuff in this thread and in the collector's edition one as well (I kid, I kid), but finally got my copy of "The Art of Halo 5: Guardians" on Tuesday but forgot to open the box until today. Totally worth the $0,00 I paid for it. Now I wish 343i would just stop with the mystery and announce Halo 6 already.

I'm wish there was a better Bungie-era Halo book, covering everything up until Reach. I have "The Art of Halo: Creating A Virtual World", and it's great, but it came out during the Halo 2 era. There is a Halo 3 book too, but it's stupid expensive now. It sounds like "Halo: The Great Journey: The Art of Building Worlds" might be close to what I want, but I'm curious how much is dedicated to Halo Anniversary.

While I'm sure the Halo 5 one would have a lot of interesting stuff in it, I really hate 343's art style for just about every aspect. The only design change I liked was Halo 4 Cortana, and the borked that with 5. Sanghelios is decent too.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#385 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6109 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

anyone else still didnt get their books shipped? its been a week already for me.

#386 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3181 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Get The Art of Building Worlds. It’s the best Halo book IMHO. I have the Halo 3 book and it’s just okay. Not worth the current prices
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#387 Flash Strife   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Flash Strife

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:11 AM

Got my Nausicaa manga today. Box is big. Pic of my haul.

NM7rEEEM_o.jpg

Thanks for the thread SgtWiggles! These 2 books plus a poster I won on twitter and some swag I got from the Mario Odyssey demo event today made my week if not month and I still haven't redeemed my audiobooks and free marvel graphic novel! =D

#388 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

Got my Nausicaa manga box set, now just waiting for my Zelda manga box set.

If you didn't order your free comic from https://www.amazon.com/comicspromo it's too late :( totally forgot about this. Email says 10/22:

Thank you for your Amazon.com graphic novel purchase.  You are qualified to select a FREE digital graphic novel from a selection of 75 popular Marvel titles, including "Civil War," "Amazing Spider-Man," "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and more on Kindle.

You can view the selection of eligible graphic novels here:
https://www.amazon.com/comicspromo

This reward will expire on October 22, 2017. For more information, please read our Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

but Terms & Conditions say it expired on 10/21

Terms & Conditions for Your Promotion: * Gift-with-purchase offer limited to select customers who make an eligible purchase from Amazon.com. Purchase eligibility limited to physical goods sold and shipped by Amazon.com. * Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PST) (October 21, 2017). * Promotional code only applies to Kindle eBooks. Offer does not apply to physical goods. * Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the United States and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC. * Offer limited to one per customer and account. * The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is one (1) free Marvel digital graphic novel per household. * You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that provides instructions on how to redeem your promotional credit. * Offer must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. (PST) October 21, 2017. * Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. * Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. * If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

#389 OPTICS  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

All, but 2 have yet to ship. One book is still preparing. Two books that shipped out today will be arriving tomorrow.

Got my Nausicaa manga box set, now just waiting for my Zelda manga box set.

If you didn't order your free comic from https://www.amazon.com/comicspromo it's too late :( totally forgot about this. Email says 10/22:

but Terms & Conditions say it expired on 10/21

Nothing wrong there.

Promo expires at the end of the 21st, which is 11:59 PM as it states. It could even be 11:59:59 AM.

12 AM on the 22nd is just 1 second later.

#390 Looking4Deals  

Looking4Deals

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

I also cancel my order of The Sky: Final Fantasy due to 2-4 weeks of waiting and order the Nausicaa Box Set which I got with 2-day prime shipping. Hopefully no smash corners so it can fit with my studio ghibli collection.