* * * * * 10 votes

Free Soft/Hardcover book from Amazon for signing up for Audible Trial (YMMV)

#391 pyorin  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

I ended up with The Art of Grasshopper Manufacture, the top is dinged up but free is free I suppose. I tried to use the popcorn promo, but whenever I applied it, the book discount was reduced by about $5. I mailed support about this, and to my surprise was given a $5 courtesy credit instead of the popcorn. so, I cancelled and resubmitted my mario odyssey preorder with this new credit AND the popcorn promo. between this, the amazon music $10 credit, and the 20% off smo, I am feeling like a very cheap ass gamer  :D/

#392 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6045 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:44 PM

Anybody know how Amazon's timer works for dates? Going to try to grab the Overwatch book at midnight EST.

#393 OPTICS  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

Anybody know how Amazon's timer works for dates? Going to try to grab the Overwatch book at midnight EST.

How do you know if the promo will work on that book? I know it being sold and shipped by Amazon isn't a guarantee as I've tried other books that didn't go through. I thought newly released products were excluded from the promo.... especially at $60. The highest I was able to redeem was $51.33 on Nasuicaa even though the cap was supposed to be $50. I think the highest I seen was the Zelda BOTW book which cost around $54.

#394 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6045 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:33 PM

How do you know if the promo will work on that book? I know it being sold and shipped by Amazon isn't a guarantee as I've tried other books that didn't go through. I thought newly released products were excluded from the promo.... especially at $60. The highest I was able to redeem was $51.33 on Nasuicaa even though the cap was supposed to be $50. I think the highest I seen was the Zelda BOTW book which cost around $54.

I don't, but I was willing to wait and try. The normal book is $50, on sale for $30. The $60 one is the limited edition that's normally $100, so I'm sure it won't.

#395 OPTICS  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

Today's two books have arrived. I was expecting the All Hail Megatron to be sealed. Pages appear new, but I can see some scratches and what appears to be writing marks on the cover. Oh well, free is free.

0LbQtXk.jpg

I don't, but I was willing to wait and try. The normal book is $50, on sale for $30. The $60 one is the limited edition that's normally $100, so I'm sure it won't.

Ahh ok, well do let us know. I'm more interested in seeing if the promo can still be redeemed as I have one book yet to ship.

#396 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

Hmm, I don’t think the Overwatch book is eligible. Boo. It’s in stock now but no discount is being taken off in checkout.

#397 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6045 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, same.  I'm looking through my backup options now.

#398 OPTICS  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:42 AM

OYxwKKL.jpg

I was supposed to receive another book today. Not sure what happened since that book and Infinity were both transferred from UPS to USPS at the same time.

EDIT:

This is the one that should've came in Yesterday:

ShktsHB.jpg

Two more to go....

#399 Houdini 47   Brahmageddon CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Houdini 47

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

anyone still waiting for deluxe zelda?

#400 skaflone721   King under the Mountain CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

skaflone721

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

anyone still waiting for deluxe zelda?

I am. I don't think many people have gotten it.

Wonder what we should do. I guess cancel and get something else. The coupon expires tomorrow or Tuesday and I think the coupon returns if you cancel before. It won't if you cancel after it's expired.

I've had tons of things sit on "no shipping date" for months only for it to get cancelled because there's no guarantee at all the product is coming back.

At the same time, I ordered something last year and it was pending for 3 months, so I cancelled before the coupon expired. 3 days after expiration, they got a bunch back in stock.

#401 bear489   CtrlPew CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:00 AM

My Rick & Morty book has shipped and will be here tomorrow!

Edit: I hate the post office, I guess they used a sub to run the route my house is on. Checked the mailbox and no mail, I get on Amazon and see that I needed to check status of order. I click it and the sub had marked undelivered due to address does not exist. Wha.. this address has been established by my family for a 100 years now. Contacted Amazon and they "tried" to find my address and a carrier who could redeliver but came up saying the same address can't be found. Told them I've been here for 4 months and bout 15 packages from you have arrived without problems. She just gave me the promotion credit and I reordered the book, which is out of stock again! So not only do I not know when I'll receive the book but now I'll be wondering about other packages that I have/will order in the future.

Edit 2: Just checked the mail and there it was! All is right again.

#402 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:43 AM

PSA: Don't forget to cancel your Audible if you haven't.  I canceled mine last week, but I think the renewal date was somewhere around tomorrow.