Beware the 20% off code for 100 Uplay points.

majorscud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was looking at AC: Origins on Uplay and saw a 20% off code for 100 Uplay points. I decided that I would go ahead and use it for AC: Origins standard. I buy the code, apply it, and get an error. I try again and same error. I try with another game I have been planning to preorder (Far Cry 5). Nope! I contact customer service and get a rude rep that tells me to read the fine print and disconnects from me twice. Evidently they hide the fact that the coupons don't work on pre-orders in the fine print when you exchange the points, even though they advertise the codes on unreleased games. I just wanted my 100 Uplay points back, but they refused.

Buyer beware when it comes to Uplay.

If I put this in the wrong forum I apologized mods and please delete.

Yes. They are terrible.

During the last Free Weekend for Rainbow 6 Siege, they advertised that if you bought it during the week after (on sale for half price) then you would get a $25 credit. I purchased. Never received my credit. After talking to customer service they let me know that I was supposed to purchase from the Ubisoft store and not on PSN. The email/ad never specified that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
In other words, just like everything in life. Read all the details.

Also wrong forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. They are terrible.

During the last Free Weekend for Rainbow 6 Siege, they advertised that if you bought it during the week after (on sale for half price) then you would get a $25 credit. I purchased. Never received my credit. After talking to customer service they let me know that I was supposed to purchase from the Ubisoft store and not on PSN. The email/ad never specified that.

I think this was specifically the starter edition too, so you dodged a bullet anyway. That thing's a huge ripoff.

I think this was specifically the starter edition too, so you dodged a bullet anyway. That thing's a huge ripoff.
And I was okay with that. My plan was to just buy the season pass with the credit. The half off sale was on all platforms. They knew what they were doing if you ask me. They tried to keep that detail vague.

I'm not sure how much clearer they can make it: "Get 20% off the Uplay Shop. Exclude pre-purchase and new release products. Not combinable with any other offer."

Always be sure to read what you are buying.

yeah i bought the gold edition of siege. online and yet it still showing i need a disc. i called big m and they said to call ubsoft... i got no where with them.

Is their store run by Digital River? If so, I don't think they could ever get enough complaints for anyone to care. See Samsung trade in scam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? The fine print says it's not valid on prepurchases and new releases.
Oops I was referring to the Free Weekend for Rainbow 6 Siege, they advertised that if you bought it during the week after (on sale for half price) then you would get a $25 credit. Those who purchase thru PSN store got no credit because purchase must be from the Ubisoft store and not on PSN. The email/ad never specified that.

Oops I was referring to the Free Weekend for Rainbow 6 Siege, they advertised that if you bought it during the week after (on sale for half price) then you would get a $25 credit. Those who purchase thru PSN store got no credit because purchase must be from the Ubisoft store and not on PSN. The email/ad never specified that.
Starter edition is still not worth it so you dodged a bullet anyway. The SP only unlocks the new operators. With the starter you have to pay a ton more renown per regular operator you unlock, which is really unreasonable. It's like F2P grindy. Worth it to just buy the regular on sale.

Also, does this Ubi coupon work on New Releases? Then this guy could buy ACO when it comes out. I was going to get one but someone told me it doesn't stack on sales so it was a no go for me.

I finally got Ubisoft support to do something by tweeting at them. I got my points refunded. I guess I'll still buy AC:Origins, but I'll go through Green  Man Gaming.

This is exactly what I'm referring to. Such a rip off. I would have purchased through the store had they said that in the email.

bread's done
Back