Redbox - Dark Souls 3 - Xbox/PS4 for $4.99 YMMV

Deadpool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
If you've been waiting for a price drop here's a huge one if you don't mind not having the case. Picked this up a couple hours ago. They had both PS4 and Xbox versions. 

yeah you can buy it from the website and it will hold it i think for a day .

their was a price drop again for agents of mayhem its down to 14.99 ps4 or one

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you buy from redbox kiosk.. i was looking at it the other day but all i could do is rent?
There's a small button on the bottom right of the screen that says "buy" and it'll have a price attached. Just click on it and swipe your card.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

But yeah only certain kiosks sell games. I've been to several Wal-Marts in different states and none of them have sold any games. Just a heads up.

I've got quite the backlog of games, but know I will playing this. So picked it up last week at a Redbox near me. Normally don't buy games without the original manual, inserts,etc. But for 5 bucks, couldn't pass it up.

yeah you can buy it from the website and it will hold it i think for a day .
their was a price drop again for agents of mayhem its down to 14.99 ps4 or one
With Black Friday around the corner, I'm going to wait and see if there's sales on this game. I hate not having the case, art work etc. Thanks for the heads up though.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It being in stock or your town even having Redbox makes this extremely YMMV lol
So most every deal on the site is ymmv then, no?
My town doesn't have a Best Buy or Target in it, so posters need to please start labeling all Best Buy and Target deals as YMMV.

Looks like Base GS TiV on PS4 copies is $8. I don't do any flipping of games, or buying games at GS either for that matter, so I don't have PUR. I see a handful of copies for PS4 available to buy near me but I don't know if it's the right "intro" flip for me, after driving around to get them and then removing the stickers. I'd like to have an Xbone copy for myself at that price but no case breaks the deal for me, because I don't think the GS stores near me would hook me up with the case and buying/returning-sans-case a copy from the store seems like too much work. I still haven't played my copy of DSII though, so I'm in no rush to get III.

Bought one for my brother-in-law, who just got an XO and has never heard of a Souls game. If he manages to ever get past Iudex Gundyr I'll be impressed  :twisted:

Bought one for my brother-in-law, who just got an XO and has never heard of a Souls game. If he manages to ever get past Iudex Gundyr I'll be impressed :twisted:
ah, just summon help. You can do it offline if you kill a certain NPC IIRC (avoiding a spoiler) or of course, if you're online, you can summon help that way too.

I think I solo'ed him once (I capped myself at SL100, ) with a dex/dark sword build but it was pretty tough as he has a very long reach. The rest of the times (2 times more for the plat), I summoned that NPC.

I have traded in the living hell out of NBA2K17 (Xbox 360), Madden NFL 17 (Xbox 360) and WWE2K17 (Xbox 360) to Lamestop and Best Buy. Each game is $5.00 at Redbox and flips for around $15 each at either store. Probably banked $250.00 + in credit profits doing this (was told by Gamestop on my 20 + trade in that I had exceeded my trade in limit, enjoy my trash Gamestop you bunch of dickwads).

I have traded in the living hell out of NBA2K17 (Xbox 360), Madden NFL 17 (Xbox 360) and WWE2K17 (Xbox 360) to Lamestop and Best Buy. Each game is $5.00 at Redbox and flips for around $15 each at either store. Probably banked $250.00 + in credit profits doing this (was told by Gamestop on my 20 + trade in that I had exceeded my trade in limit, enjoy my trash Gamestop you bunch of dickwads).
:roll: So the company is a dickwad for giving you a trade-in value that is 200% over the cost of the games you bought ... okay.

Enjoy your ban!

I generally want everything with my game, but for 5 bucks I couldn't pass up Dark Souls.
Yeah I like having a case at least but $5 is too good to pass up and my local redbox (small town, only have 1 redbox that sells stuff) actually had one in stock. Super pumped about it since they never have stuff I am actually interested in buying.

Yeah I like having a case at least but $5 is too good to pass up and my local redbox (small town, only have 1 redbox that sells stuff) actually had one in stock. Super pumped about it since they never have stuff I am actually interested in buying.
Is there any place where we can get case + manual? Or will Redbox somehow ship one to us.

Sent from my F5122 using Tapatalk

Is there any place where we can get case + manual? Or will Redbox somehow ship one to us.

Sent from my F5122 using Tapatalk
It is my understanding that Redbox buys these disc only at a discount, so they never have the case or manuals.

Enjoy your ban!
Anyone who has dealt with Gamestop long enough knows what a bottom feeding retailer they really are. I look for every chance I can get (on a legitimate basis) to get the better of a business who treats customers ignorantly along with treating their employees terribly (look online for many complaint forums). Can't wait for digital revolution to eventually prevail, forcing the company to file for chapter 11.

picked one up today. thanks OP! is it safe to take off the sticker thing around the middle ring of the disc?
Safe? Yes. Easy? No. Many heat the sticker up before peeling and use a little goo gone to get the sticky off.

Anyone who has dealt with Gamestop long enough knows what a bottom feeding retailer they really are. I look for every chance I can get (on a legitimate basis) to get the better of a business who treats customers ignorantly along with treating their employees terribly (look online for many complaint forums). Can't wait for digital revolution to eventually prevail, forcing the company to file for chapter 11.
Hey, I get GS isn't the most consumer friendly company in the world, but if you seriously think a digital-only game industry is going to treat you any better, you're delusional. Too bad the end of physical games is coming -- when it comes around next gen, I'm done with this industry.

but then you wont be able to hoard redboxes and trade massive quanties of games and brag about it on CAG like a douche.

Thanks, picked up micro machines and ghost busters today for $4.99 each. They’re not supposed to be amazing games, but for $4.99 I’ll give them a shot.

Hey, I get GS isn't the most consumer friendly company in the world, but if you seriously think a digital-only game industry is going to treat you any better, you're delusional. Too bad the end of physical games is coming -- when it comes around next gen, I'm done with this industry.
I hope it’s doesn’t either, but you’re completely done with gaming if it goes digital only? Good luck with that.

I hope it’s doesn’t either, but you’re completely done with gaming if it goes digital only? Good luck with that.
Yeah, done with it. I already am incredibly disappointed by EA's recent decision, and it's clear that gaming as a service and more online "forever" games are the way games are going. None of that appeals to me. I only buy physical media games and will continue to support those I like most by buying at MSRP, but I'm not naive to think that I'm changing the clear trajectory of where all of this is headed.

I have a HUGE backlog, and there are of course plenty of GOTY/complete editions this gen, too. It's fine. I do wish more gamers realized what they're doing, but hey, I understand this is a generational thing so I'm just doing what I can do to enjoy my media no matter what happens a few years from now.

but then you wont be able to hoard redboxes and trade massive quanties of games and brag about it on CAG like a douche.
Letting others know about about a credit opportunity is a real douche thing to do, I know. Better than what you added to this thread which is NOTHING. Guess what, anyone with a little bit of initiative can go to a Redbox but in your case you would need a ride from your mom (or grandma), so I can see how that could pose a problem.

I have to agree with JamesRossu's assessment of you in your CAG Feedback:

"cheeky for no reason and extremely unfunny"

Letting others know about about a credit opportunity is a real douche thing to do, I know. Better than what you added to this thread which is NOTHING. Guess what, anyone with a little bit of initiative can go to a Redbox but in your case you would need a ride from your mom (or grandma), so I can see how that could pose a problem.
I have to agree with JamesRossu's assessment of you in your CAG Feedback:
"cheeky for no reason and extremely unfunny"
Pretty sure people already knew of the credit opportunity, but if you want to say your post helped, whatever helps you feel like a better person. You may need to trade in another 50 copies of games though.
Took all that time to look through my feedback from years ago from a troll that had his account banned. Good on you bro. I'll have my grandma bring you over some cookies.

Picked up a PS4 copy even though I have it digitally on XBone due to getting the Japanese version three weeks early. Now to wait for the season pass to go on sale since I haven't played any of the DLC.

bread's done
Back