Square Enix Relaunch Sale

I don't know what's going on. It wouldn't let me sign in to my account and I got locked out. Edit: Finally got back in. Apparently they changed their system and I had to update information. 

I now wish I hadn't purchased Star Ocean at Best Buy for $16.

Last edited:
Does it keep saying "not enough stock" for anyone else? The page says it's in stock for a couple items, but it won't let me check out. Update: on the mobile site is says out of stock, I guess the desktop site just wasn't updated.

Last edited:
I've never had anything but grief ordering from SE. That said, I think they do do free shipping on orders over $100.
I don't think that's the case anymore. Last time I ordered something from them it was over $100 and the cheapest shipping was $11.99.

I'm not even looking at the games, the Kai Arts mainly. Gachigasm. Probably going to buy one of them; Balthier, Fran or Squall. 

Kinda interested in the XIV artbooks, but the shipping is a bitch and kinda negates the sale cost unless you buy more than 1.....

EDIT: Lol apparently it would be like $7-$10 cheaper each to just import them from Amazon JP

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year I click on this and every year I see stuff I like only to say "WTF!" when shipping is applied. 

These companies need to realize the standard for shipping has been raised thanks in large part to companies like Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart. 

FYI, the Square Enix Store is pretty well known for deep discounts in their annual Black Friday sale, so you may want to wait a month to buy something. This looks like their usual assortment of catalog titles that they like to put on sale a few times a year.

Do they actually sell new copies of insanely old games, or are they refurbished?

Not buying any, just curious.
They're new prints and in some cases the PS1 games will come on silver (!!) instead of black discs

Do they? I don't recall. On that note, when was the last time Nier for the PS3 got restocked? Been waiting on a decent price & $9.99 would be lit.
I haven't seen Nier (either platform) in stock on the SE site since Automata came out. Looks like it's out of print at the moment. Which is a shame because they I'm sure they would be selling after the success of Automata.

Do they? I don't recall. On that note, when was the last time Nier for the PS3 got restocked? Been waiting on a decent price & $9.99 would be lit.
It was in stock. I was able to add to cart then stupidly tried to find something else to ease shipping costs. Then it got waitlisted when I went to check out. Wario64 actually tweeted about it and seems like a few people got orders in. Should have just paid the $19 since cheaper than eBay.

It was always waitlisted when ever I got around to checking the site =(

Every year I click on this and every year I see stuff I like only to say "WTF!" when shipping is applied.

These companies need to realize the standard for shipping has been raised thanks in large part to companies like Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart.
U have to buy lots of games so therefore it ends up breaking down to just like +$1 shipping cost per game =(

It is pretty cool, makes an awesome game like The World Ends With You still only $20 brand new
Had to check my Order History, TWEWY was actually only $6 during Black Friday! :whee:

Just realized I had over 234 points there....the steelbooks are calling my name but I can't decide what to get...the KH & SO5 ones look lovely, then again I might save it for the 3DS FF Hardcase hmmmm

I remember getting almost 2 dozen sealed Chrono Trigger DS games (still have a bunch) from them a few years ago when they had them for $5.99 each during BF sale. They also offered free shipping back then if you ordered over $100 but haven't seen a FS offer in a while.

bread's done
Back