- - - - -

Extra $1 off at BestBuy

#1 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know you can choose store pickup for a game and get an extra dollar off. After placing the order you can change the order to shipping and keep the discount. The more you know.

#2 bdead20  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

I recently pre-ordered 3 games.  2 were not available for store pickup.  When I chose store pickup for the one to get $1.  It actually took $3 off.  I'm guessing it took a dollar off for each game even though they weren't available for store pickup.

Word to the wise, Best Buy is cracking down more on those who abuse their system.  May not be worth the dollar if you switch back to shipping.

#3 srac84  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

thanks for the msg though i already  knew about this and a lot of others too its been written about over and over again... wait till the mean ones comes into the thread hahaha

#4 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

UOOIsS8.png

#5 srac84  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

Spoiler

exhibit A  :razz:

#6 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3356 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

For those of you who choose this option who were planning to use free shipping originally, ask yourself this question:

If I were to tell you that I could guarantee that your local Best Buy had a single dollar bill lying on the sidewalk right now and all you had to do was drive over there (or take a bus, etc.) and pick it up, would you do it?

I admit that I get excited about extra savings but sometimes it's easy to miss the forest for the trees.

#7 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Sorry OP, there is a thread for this already. You may want to lock up this thread before it gets real nasty

#8 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

...and have to put on pants?  Pass.

#9 mcthatch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1080 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

this isn't even worth it if I drove right by a Best Buy on my way home. Could be a 10 minute wait in the pickup line, plus extra driving. 5 bucks off, then maybe. Guess I have my limits to how much of a CAG I am. 

#10 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

The more you know.

The more I know it the more I'll know it too

#11 M-10  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

I understand duplicate threads for actual deals, but this is just sad. Like said above, not worth the gas or time to save a dollar.

#12 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Like said above, not worth the gas or time to save a dollar.

Y'all still drive on and pay for gas?
Where's your cheap ass spirit?
:p

#13 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Boo on all the negativity. Booo.

Here we go with the "it's not even worth the gas" comments. Please come up with something more original. You don't know someone else's mpg rating or distance to the nearest Best Buy. Let alone if they're even using a car to get there or if it's gas powered.

If someone has a coupon for 25 cents off a loaf of bread - surprise, surprise - they're gonna use it. If you're buying the game and planning on picking it up at the store anyway I don't see the problem with reducing the out of pocket expense by $1 via a few mouse clicks. I don't think anyone is changing their behavior patterns and suddenly driving 100 miles to save $1.

\\rant

#14 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Once on mother's day, I saw a woman giving a man oral sex in the parking lot of my local bestbuy. Now I always choose in-store pickup.

:D random but true.

#15 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

Boo on all the negativity. Booo.

Here we go with the "it's not even worth the gas" comments. Please come up with something more original. You don't know someone else's mpg rating or distance to the nearest Best Buy. Let alone if they're even using a car to get there or if it's gas powered.

If someone has a coupon for 25 cents off a loaf of bread - surprise, surprise - they're gonna use it. If you're buying the game and planning on picking it up at the store anyway I don't see the problem with reducing the out of pocket expense by $1 via a few mouse clicks. I don't think anyone is changing their behavior patterns and suddenly driving 100 miles to save $1.

\\rant

I'm not, but I have been walking over about 4 mi for the trip. It's nice to have a goal when going for walk.

#16 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5555 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Deja Vu

#17 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Once on mother's day, I saw a woman giving a man oral sex in the parking lot of my local bestbuy. Now I always choose in-store pickup.

:D random but true.

Dammit. I knew we should have parked behind Target.

#18 RespectTheChemistry   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

RespectTheChemistry

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Every time this deal gets posted, people get annoyed.

Whateva!

I love it.