* * * * * 22 votes

Black Friday 2017 - The Epic Master Thread

#1441 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:15 AM

It depends on what you're trying to buy. They're kind of like cockroach laptops on the budget side. They'll last forever--you can't really kill them--but you'll really wish they'd die before just replacing them after 5 years. My brother-in-law had one, and it was a constant "I want an ew laptop, this one sucks, but it isn't broken," then it broke, he took his sister's when she got a new one, and it went on for another couple of years, I think. They're sturdy, but unspectacular.

Budget and functionality needs drive what you're in the market for.

Roaches and bundles, I sure know how o pick'em. My current laptop is a dell inspiron e1505 pentium2. It's elderly; goes to sleep often to recharge its battery but only after being re plugged in.

There's a couple HPs at a decent price $400>. There's a Dell desktop but I don't need another pc. I did find dell gaming monitor for my current pc. Just finished with the Office Depot/Max ad.

#1442 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

Roaches and bundles, I sure know how o pick'em. My current laptop is a dell inspiron e1505 pentium2. It's elderly; goes to sleep often to recharge its battery but only after being re plugged in.

There's a couple HPs at a decent price $400>. There's a Dell desktop but I don't need another pc. I did find dell gaming monitor for my current pc. Just finished with the Office Depot/Max ad.

Well, like I said, it'll depend on what you want to spend mostly, along with what you are trying to do on the laptop. At sub-$400, you pretty much just take what they'll give you. The research I've been doing for family members has been $600-900 for Black Friday, so I honestly don't have any knowledge base of what you'll get in that lower price tier. I do also give a warning on HP laptops, since I used to own one (first and only laptop I ever owned). Pray you don't have anything go wrong, because their warranty folks are pieces of crap. They flat-out lied about issues on my laptop to refuse service on a broken motherboard charging pin, claiming water damage (even though laptops back then were notorious for physically faulty laptop chargers...not something water can do). Never had a liquid on/around the laptop, but HP doesn't care about facts when they can save on repairs.

That said, at $400, the form factor will probably be a big determining factor in what you get/choose from. For example, just a quick peek at Best But and Microsoft's offers have two HP laptops in the price range. The 2-in-1 comes with a pen and does Windows inking, but it's got an i3 and a 500-GB HDD. The traditional laptop chassis (not a convertible) has an i5 and 2 TB HDD. Other stuff changes there as well, like ports and size/weight, those are just the performance things you might notice as compromises in the budget tiers.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3; :ps4:: NONE, :3ds:: Pokémon Y,    :wiiu:: NONE; :pc:: NONE

#1443 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2646 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:06 AM

Wish there was a way I could keep my elite status next year so I'd still get free shipping. $3500 is a ridiculous amount to have to spend, it should be $500-1000.

Elite is 1500
Elite plus is 3500
bleedingwicked.png

#1444 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:12 AM

Amazon will be Samazon Ayne causing interference with Kevin Owens.

You were right on the mark.

Samazon Ayne and Kevin Khol-wens interfering against their own peeps.

Dell(Shane) and Newegg(Orton) having the worst deals and outlasting everyone else on their team. 

Best Buy(Roode) and Walmart(Nakamura) having the best deals but the 1st two to go out.

Gamestop(HHH) betrays Target(Angle).

Ebay(Braun) and Gamestop(HHH) are the victors.

Somehow... it doesn't make any sense...

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#1445 soonerfreak  

soonerfreak

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:20 AM

Anyone know when there will be finality to the Gamestop ad?

Traded in some stuff at the store today and the guy pulled the ad out and flipped through it as we were talking about PSVR prices. From my upside down view it looked almost exactly like the leaked ad.

#1446 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

Ugh walmart shipped my DS4 Ontrac, I'm never getting my package...
CBrownsT10.pngTheLegendoTyler.png

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 6690-7182-9810

#1447 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:12 AM

Well, like I said, it'll depend on what you want to spend mostly, along with what you are trying to do on the laptop. At sub-$400, you pretty much just take what they'll give you. The research I've been doing for family members has been $600-900 for Black Friday, so I honestly don't have any knowledge base of what you'll get in that lower price tier. I do also give a warning on HP laptops, since I used to own one (first and only laptop I ever owned). Pray you don't have anything go wrong, because their warranty folks are pieces of crap. They flat-out lied about issues on my laptop to refuse service on a broken motherboard charging pin, claiming water damage (even though laptops back then were notorious for physically faulty laptop chargers...not something water can do). Never had a liquid on/around the laptop, but HP doesn't care about facts when they can save on repairs.

That said, at $400, the form factor will probably be a big determining factor in what you get/choose from. For example, just a quick peek at Best But and Microsoft's offers have two HP laptops in the price range. The 2-in-1 comes with a pen and does Windows inking, but it's got an i3 and a 500-GB HDD. The traditional laptop chassis (not a convertible) has an i5 and 2 TB HDD. Other stuff changes there as well, like ports and size/weight, those are just the performance things you might notice as compromises in the budget tiers.

That's what I'm here for. CAG is my trusted go-to for info and not just for games. I really do appreciate the info. Me, I'm sorta of low tech in a high tech world. Always a couple steps behind most.

Stay away from HP, at least customer (lack of) support. I did find a doorbuster at best buy, Dell Inspiron 15.6" touch screen Intel core i5 8GB with 2TB HDD. Forgot to get its price.

The portability of the laptop is nice. Barely have space for one PC. I travel often. Be able to upload and edit videos on the road. GoPro. If possible, play some lower requirement steam games like Diablo 3. Then, I've heard it's better using two computers for streaming.

I might be able to use the money I was going to use for a TV and put it to use on a better laptop. Be nice to get everything online early and know how much cash is left for doorbusters and other goodies.

If you don't mind me asking, with your research, what would you recommend?

#1448 Crono139   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Crono139

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

No XB1 or PS4 on Kohl's site yet. I should have guessed.

Nighty night.

#1449 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:30 AM

No XB1 or PS4 on Kohl's site yet. I should have guessed.

Nighty night.

Because those are doorbusters, and they plainly said the doorbusters wouldn't be online tonight.

pitfall_harry219.png

#1450 NeoMonk  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

Early Black Friday Sale on BB

Games via Price

$34.99

$29.99

$29.99 Sports

$24.99

$19.99

$14.99

Switch & 3DS ONLY

UHD Movies via Price

$14.99

$9.99

Sandisk Ultra PLUS 128GB Micro SD Card $29.99

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#1451 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:39 AM

That's what I'm here for. CAG is my trusted go-to for info and not just for games. I really do appreciate the info. Me, I'm sorta of low tech in a high tech world. Always a couple steps behind most.

Stay away from HP, at least customer (lack of) support. I did find a doorbuster at best buy, Dell Inspiron 15.6" touch screen Intel core i5 8GB with 2TB HDD. Forgot to get its price.

The portability of the laptop is nice. Barely have space for one PC. I travel often. Be able to upload and edit videos on the road. GoPro. If possible, play some lower requirement steam games like Diablo 3. Then, I've heard it's better using two computers for streaming.

I might be able to use the money I was going to use for a TV and put it to use on a better laptop. Be nice to get everything online early and know how much cash is left for doorbusters and other goodies.

If you don't mind me asking, with your research, what would you recommend?

Well, for my brother, they asked me to find him something in the $800 range that does a good job with Windows Ink, as he wants something he can draw on. It's hard to beat some of the Surface Pro 4 deals you might find online in that price range, but then again, my dad kinda has blown off my recommendations and his budget and is looking at stuff that's going to cost him north of $1,000 by the end, haha.

My brother-in-law just kind of went vague as can be with "I want a new laptop sometime," and gave me no budget or a decent use case to go off of. I ended up seeing a decent ASUS Vivobook Flip (or is it Zenbook Flip? I can't remember the insane number of model names that get thrown around, haha). I think Micro Center had it at $700 for a solid 2-in-1 that did the inking (pen sold separately), while giving you 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of SSD storage--if you are doing video editing, the HDD with more storage might help you a bit more than the smaller SSDs with great boot/load times, since video eats storage in a hurry. I did find that Dell you mentioned, it's $329 as a doorbuster. If you are fine with the non-convertible design, it's a great value device in that price range.

Around $600 is where I might be willing to recommend a single HP device: http://store.hp.com/...touch-1za07av-1

That's a really unique device because it's the first to use the new AMD mobile hardware. It's a very power efficient chip, and it does much better on the GPU front than something running off the Intel graphics chips. It won't do anything crazy, but it can do some light gaming (mostly in the 720p range, but depends on the game). If you want a little bit of gaming on the go, it would be a notable upgrade over something based on a 2016 Intel chip with a near-useless iGPU. It's also a 4-core, 8-thread CPU, something that runs more like $750 in a Black Friday Intel laptop (vs. $600 here). But still, even on a good sale and as a great value, I find getting over the HP hump too great.

If you're not into pen support or a convertible design, you DO open yourself up to more performance. However, the leaked stuff from Best Buy isn't that deep at the moment, so it's a little tough to get a reference on exactly what you'd find.

One option: https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5709801

That one will be $650 at Black Friday, and it can legitimately game, given the NVidia GPU inside. It also trades the U-class mobile CPU for a beefier HQ, so it'll do most everything with more oomph. However, you lose any chassis flexibility, as well as a touch display, and with the more-powerful internals, you might sag on battery life and have something heavier. To me, if you're wanting to do video editing, something like this (though overkill on the GPU because you didn't mention gaming) might be for you.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3; :ps4:: NONE, :3ds:: Pokémon Y,    :wiiu:: NONE; :pc:: NONE

#1452 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

Does anyone else tend to get a lot of loose discs when they order PS4 games, especially from Best Buy?

PS4 cases suck

#1453 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2980 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

Does anyone else tend to get a lot of loose discs when they order PS4 games, especially from Best Buy?

That's how I know which packages are PS4 games.

Tilt.

*Thunk*

Yep...

They can make a virtual reality headset, but they can't figure out how to secure an optical disc in a plastic case.

#1454 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

arggg, disgaea sold out. That's literally all I wanted...

#1455 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

It was never up, been watching them all 2 hours before it "started". Don't think everything is fully live yet.

#1456 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2661 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

make sure to search for nba 2k18 early tip off edition if your planning to get the game this BF. its the same price as the regular edition now.

craizieboi888.png

#1457 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

Got Disgaea 5. Fuck yeah.

#1458 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3570 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

Got Disgaea 5. Fuck yeah.

How? Still says sold out, $48 for me :/

#1459 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:05 AM

Nope, just from LRG.  :lol:  

#1460 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

Oh well, if that's the early access from best buy it's a total joke / waste of time this year. Can't believe I wasted the last few hours on it. 1/2 there stuff was held back, and they teased us with the best stuff as "sold out" never even going live at the sale prices.

#1461 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3250 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Finally got the email announcing the early access. Everything I want is still out of stock. Fml. No girlfriend. No disgaea. Lower middle class income. Eczema. Arby's overcooked my sandwich. Why me?! This is how crack cocaine addictions begin.

#1462 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1017 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

make sure to search for nba 2k18 early tip off edition if your planning to get the game this BF. its the same price as the regular edition now.

What's the difference other than the cover?

#1463 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12148 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

Is John Cena Sears because he sells nothing?

Lmaooooooo so true !!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#1464 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12148 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

No early access for me :(
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#1465 kreate  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Was so close in ordering a PS4 Slim CoD WW II limited edition console for $229 no tax but ended up getting an 2017 iPad 9.7 inch for $199 no tax plus free shipping at The Exchange online. This was their Veterans Day weekend sale. They also had a nice price for an Xbox One S Battlefield bundle for $149 no tax too. For military, vets and their family. I wonder how their BF ad will look like.

I'm pretty sure that was/is their black Friday deal.

EDIT: oh my bad. Yea that was veterans day Sale. As I see right now they got 1tb ps4 bundles for $179. I'm wondering if I should jump on that. Xbox ones are 229 idk why.

#1466 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8225 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

How? Still says sold out, $48 for me :/

He’s trolling

#1467 govols7089   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

govols7089

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Did Amazon start their gaming deals on Monday last year or do we have to wait until Thursday and Friday? I can't remember when they started last year.

#1468 irratebass   It's bass not bass CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

irratebass

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:17 PM

So Kohls is false advertising!

See the pic below, it states that their black Friday starts online 12:01 am Monday November 20th......so, I'm online at 11:57pm and I wait til 12:01 the PS4 1tb for $199 is still showing $299.

I wait til 12:05am refresh the home screen, and it says the same advertisement, but that it's central time.......fine.

I wait til 1am, still no price change, I wait til 1:15am, this whole time I'm refreshing and still the price hasn't changed.

Get up this morning, still no change, my wife says maybe try adding it to your cart and it may change the price.......tried it......nope.

As of 8:15am EST still no change. 85189673982b202ce8a0139b50f44837.jpg5a19c1e06899df7fcffb56edf59cfd2f.jpg

So, what am I missing here? Anyone else have luck?

I could go elsewhere, but I already put the money on my wife's Kohls charge, so she will get the $60 Kohls cash with this purchase.

*I'm very good looking, and great with rice.*

854684.png

#1469 rhaas  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

See the pic below, it states that their black Friday starts online 12:01 am Monday November 20th......so, I'm online at 11:57pm and I wait til 12:01 the PS4 1tb for $199 is still showing $299.

I wait til 12:05am refresh the home screen, and it says the same advertisement, but that it's central time.......fine.

I wait til 1am, still no price change, I wait til 1:15am, this whole time I'm refreshing and still the price hasn't changed.

Get up this morning, still no change, my wife says maybe try adding it to your cart and it may change the price.......tried it......nope.

As of 8:15am EST still no change. 85189673982b202ce8a0139b50f44837.jpg5a19c1e06899df7fcffb56edf59cfd2f.jpg

I could go elsewhere, but I already put the money on my wife's Kohls charge, so she will get the $60 Kohls cash with this purchase.

It's a doorbuster and the doorbusters typically are never available online

#1470 govols7089   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

govols7089

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

I think doorbusters are in store only.