* * * * * 22 votes

Black Friday 2017 - The Epic Master Thread

#2401 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13066 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

They didn't put the good stuff in the early access.  I couldn't buy any games or the 8TB drive that a lot of people seemed to want.  The drive was available 2 weeks ago via Early Access but a limit of one.  Have a feeling most people are using these in a RAID so they need 2.  Definitely didn't make me feel special to be Elite or Elite Plus, having to take 2 hours to check out.  

Should have specified elite access because that's when they did have everything on sale. I already have my orders from Monday that I plan to play after going out for fun on BF in a bit here. Really looking forward to EW2. :D

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2402 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

Like Disgaea 5 coming back in stock at Bestbuy.com?

You just gotta believe. And be the fastest finger in the west with that mouse tonight.

#2403 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

Would it be weird to buy my sister's husband (who owns an XB1S, Forza, and Battlefield 1, but doesn't have Xbox live)  a couple of the 3-month sub cards for his birthday next month?

It kinda seems weird. But what was weirder was that he didn't even know what an Xbox live gold subscription was or realize he couldn't play overwatch without one :P

prayin for shipping confirmation

#2404 wargod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

don't get the Samsung 8000. they are just like last year's 7000s.

SK8000 65” all the way. Less input lag than an LG OLED from what I heard.

#2405 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:17 PM

Would it be weird to buy my sister's husband (who owns an XB1S, Forza, and Battlefield 1, but doesn't have Xbox live) a couple of the 3-month sub cards for his birthday next month?

It kinda seems weird. But what was weirder was that he didn't even know what an Xbox live gold subscription was or realize he couldn't play overwatch without one :P

in that situation i would probably just gift him the games. If he is sitting at home one day and decides he wants to play multiplayer he can pick up a card at the gas station or any store lol. Or maybe just 1 card so he can see what it's like and he can then proceed to do what's best for himself in the future.

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#2406 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1759 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

Amazon prices for some games, such as Dishonored 2 and Deadpool, are higher than what is listed on the wiki. Both sold by Amazon. Are these lower prices lightning deals or some other time-sensitive thing, or are they just incorrect?

#2407 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

Any of y'all know how to cancel an order on MS Store? I go to the Order Details page like it suggests, but there's no option to cancel. If it helps, it says my order is "Processing." Do I have to wait or something? Placed the order two hours ago... Tried calling those bastards, and they literally hung up on me twice now while supposedly transferring me.

#2408 irratebass   It's bass not bass CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

irratebass

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

So wife says I should try Kohls again and wait in line. Get in line and lady asks me if I'm here for any of the big items....Playstation, Xbox, I say yes she hands me this and says this guarantees me one!!!!
174b42dfa8a345823b021727c581cdd5.jpg

854684.png

#2409 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8229 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

So wife says I should try Kohls again and wait in line. Get in line and lady asks me if I'm here for any of the big items....Playstation, Xbox, I say yes she hands me this and says this guarantees me one!!!!
174b42dfa8a345823b021727c581cdd5.jpg

Same price as every other retailer. Except GS where you get a 50$ gc too

#2410 y2kbug77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

y2kbug77

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

You get a $60 Kohls card. So assuming you have other stuff to buy at Kohls, that is a good deal.

#2411 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2222 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

You get a $60 Kohls card. So assuming you have other stuff to buy at Kohls, that is a good deal.

What the hell else does anyone buy at Kohl's though? I guess I shouldn't judge as I've never set foot in one, but it sounds like the typical "Old Navy" type generic clothing store from people I've spoken to. Like you should be expecting to find those corny American flag t-shirts, khaki shorts, and off-brand household items made in China. 

joshTX.png

#2412 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2391 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

What the hell else does anyone buy at Kohl's though? I guess I shouldn't judge as I've never set foot in one, but it sounds like the typical "Old Navy" type generic clothing store from people I've spoken to. Like you should be expecting to find those corny American flag t-shirts, khaki shorts, and off-brand household items made in China. 

The people you've spoken to sound stupid. It isn't just a clothing store.

644690.png

#2413 Gry   The living embodiment of irony CAG in Training   3 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Nah Kohls is good for buying clothing they have most brands. Pretty much buy all of my stuff there including business outfits.

#2414 Apostle22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Apostle22

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

anyone know if that 25 dollar target gift card with the one S is limited.  I was planning on going out there later tonight and pick it up with that gift card

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#2415 DS9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

Any XB LIve 3month deals since BB is OOS now online.

#2416 Acash  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

I have seen this posted but Gamestop has some decent price PS4 bundles

PlayStation 4 1TB System Rebel Bundle with $50 GameStop Gift Card for PlayStation 4 (Horizon and Overwatch)    $249

PlayStation 4 1TB System Family Bundle with $50 GameStop Gift Card for PlayStation 4 (Knack 2 and Everybody’s Golf)  $239

PlayStation 4 1TB System Shooter Bundle with $50 GameStop Gift Card for PlayStation 4 (Call of Duty WWII) $249

#2417 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1582 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

Any XB LIve 3month deals since BB is OOS now online.

Lowest is the BB one, all others have at $15. So BB local pick up is your best choice, if you have one nearby.

Check my Tradelist..

Current selling: 1-Year PlayStation Plus codes

#2418 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1759 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Any of y'all know how to cancel an order on MS Store? I go to the Order Details page like it suggests, but there's no option to cancel. If it helps, it says my order is "Processing." Do I have to wait or something? Placed the order two hours ago... Tried calling those bastards, and they literally hung up on me twice now while supposedly transferring me.

Generally, if the option to cancel doesn't appear, it's probably too far in the process to stop.

#2419 BlackFlame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

BlackFlame

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:27 PM

Is Tales of Beseria on sale anywhere?

#2420 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2026 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Used iStockNow to find a GameStop that might have an SNES Classic. Was 15th in line about 20 minutes before opening. They had one in stock on display behind the counter. Luckily everyone in front of me wanted Xboxes and other things. Was somehow able to snag it. Can't wait to try Star Fox 2.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2017  :beer:

#2421 BlackFlame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

BlackFlame

#2422 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1853 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Well I shop at Kohl maybe once and twice a year. During the NHL's off season Kohl would clearance out some of their NHL hockey jersey at 75 percent off and would buy many of them. I then stashed them away in the closet for years and resell them for 5x the amount.
Lakers for Life!

#2423 URABAHN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Just drove past best buy on our way to my wife’s parents house and there is a line of 20 neckbeards freezing out side. For the ones who don’t have any nearby family, they get a free pass. I can understand that.

The ones who are openly choosing to be there while the rest of their family is enjoying time with each other without them needs to seek professional help soon. Very selfish of them.

You think what they do in their free time is selfish? How exactly are you burdened by this?
Because ten billion years' time is so fragile,
so ephemeral ...
it arouses such a
bittersweet,
almost heartbreaking fondness.

#2424 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4240 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

You think what they do in their free time is selfish? How exactly are you burdened by this?

I don't believe that he said the he was.

The point

Your head

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#2425 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2222 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Well I shop at Kohl maybe once and twice a year. During the NHL's off season Kohl would clearance out some of their NHL hockey jersey at 75 percent off and would buy many of them. I then stashed them away in the closet for years and resell them for 5x the amount.

Well if they sell licensed brands it isn't like Old Navy then. That's actually not too bad. Old Navy is basically just selling generic crap they make in their own processing plants, everything they sell is their own design and it's all pretty much garbage. This sounds more like a JC Penny's or something. 

joshTX.png

#2426 tomwaits1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

I bought a PS4 from Kohl's on Black Friday last year and used the Kohl's cash to get an extra DS4 controller and a couple random Xmas gifts. They have plenty of quality stuff to use the rewards on.

tom_waits.png

#2427 KITTYCATALERT  

KITTYCATALERT

anyone know if that target 20% off coupon will work on xbox x if you spend $50 in store?

#2428 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Tbh I forgot about that game. To answer nope that's not on sale anywhere, gravity rush 2 isn't either. Unless ps have there flash sale it might be on that or keep checking amazon.
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"

#2429 KITTYCATALERT  

KITTYCATALERT

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

anyone know if that target 20% off coupon will work on xbox x if you spend $50 in store?

bump

#2430 BlackFlame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

BlackFlame

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

Tbh I forgot about that game. To answer nope that's not on sale anywhere, gravity rush 2 isn't either. Unless ps have there flash sale it might be on that or keep checking amazon.