* * * * * 22 votes

Black Friday 2017 - The Epic Master Thread

#2551 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10021 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

Got almost everything I wanted besides Forzo Horizon 3 at Target.

Don't know if I should go ahead and get both Kingdom Hearts games.

#2552 numb1ninerfan  

numb1ninerfan

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

Got shut out st both targets for forza horizon damn

#2553 irratebass   It's bass not bass CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

irratebass

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

Got almost everything I wanted besides Forzo Horizon 3 at Target.

Don't know if I should go ahead and get both Kingdom Hearts games.

Do it! I just got 1.5 + 2.5 remix for $20 with free shipping at bb

854684.png

#2554 foxycleo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

Amazon sucks major dick this year. They are out of stock on pretty much everything they listed  (ps4 video games) besides couple of titles for hours now

#2555 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

Just waiting for Amazon to update their Elgato Streaming Deck to $109. Other than that, black Friday is about 95% complete. In the morning, go to Office Depot for sd cards and flash drives. Next, Gamestop, for Lego Dimesnions Starter.

#2556 Bats93  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

Amazon sucks major dick this year. They are out of stock on pretty much everything they listed  (ps4 video games) besides couple of titles for hours now

Didn't buy anything from them this year. 

#2557 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1956 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

For the gold / ultimate editions at Target I picked up:
For honor gold XBO
Watch dogs 2 gold XBO
Steep gold XBO
Halo wars 2 ultimate XBO

also tried scanning rainbow six year 2 gold and injustice 2 ultimate but both scanned at 59.99 and 89.99 respectively, so looks like it's just the old already-converted editions that are ringing up the sale price.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#2558 burritodude17  

burritodude17

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:40 AM

For the gold / ultimate editions at Target I picked up:
For honor gold XBO
Watch dogs 2 gold XBO
Steep gold XBO
Halo wars 2 ultimate XBO

also tried scanning rainbow six year 2 gold and injustice 2 ultimate but both scanned at 59.99 and 89.99 respectively, so looks like it's just the old already-converted editions that are ringing up the sale price.

how much was steep? any other games besides those

#2559 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1956 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:46 AM

how much was steep? any other games besides those

each of those was 15 bucks. I couldnt find any others besides those, but Im sure there are others.

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#2560 snakelda   I see you stalking me. Stop it, before I call CheapyD. CAGiversary!   1973 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

Every black friday, I need to reread the thread where some guy didn't get to use his coupons at Circuit City from years ago. Makes me chuckle every year. Anyways, went to Target around 6:30 and the line was so long and couldn't bother waiting so long to get RE for $15. Oh well.

76561198024956250.png

snakelda.png

#2561 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10021 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:24 AM

Update: I drove to another Target and found Horizon 3 amongst a pile of value games.

Searched for Kingdom Hearts Collection. Luckily, there was one in a pile behind the counter.

#2562 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:25 AM

i waited too long on cars 3 ps3 from best buy, damnit.

#2563 budarc   Lonely Boy CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

Wow, this was the most chill day ever.

Earlier today, I nabbed Deadpool and Watch Dogs 2 at Walmart for $12, without having to wait for the crowd at 6.

Tonight, I took my chances and went to Toys R Us. There was a kerfuffle (did I use that word right?) of people in the games section waiting around for employees to unlock the case. Two people cut in front of me, but I maintained my cool (anxiety medication helped). None of the game prices were updated on shelf, so they had to be taken straight to the register to verify them. I took a sampling and pressed my luck. I ended up getting Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for $19.99. No biggie, right? Best Buy and GameStop both advertised it (in fact, I had it ordered online at GS). But I actually ended up getting the LIMITED EDITION which isn't advertised anywhere (except on the Toys R Us website...where all copies are sold out). Score me. It comes with a little collectible pin, a nice extra. (MSRP: $39.99)

I decided to press my luck further.

Target wasn't far off and the parking lot didn't look too daunting. I went straight to the designated games section. They were cleared out. Oh well, I already got Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 and Last Guardian online for $15 apiece (both have already shipped out). However, I did find plenty of copies of Final Fantasy XV behind the glass for $15. Done deal. Walked up to the self-checkout and a cute redhead unlocked the game for me.

I had already called GameStop earlier and they told me they "officially" closed for the night (at 10pm), but I drove by and saw two people enter. I figured, why not? I walked in, straight to the register, and picked up Shadow of War and Evil Within 2 for $25 each. Just like that. Now I can cancel my online order completely. They even threw in the SoW pre-order bonus, a bottle opener or some such thing.

Back home in less than an hour. I can't believe how easy that was. What was I so worried about?

EPILOGUE

In the morning, I'm going straight back to all the stores and returning everything, because I can't afford all of this shit.

#2564 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10021 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:32 AM

I went to a Gamestop and had to wait in line outside. When the line didnt move after 30 minutes, just decided to leave and drive to the GS at my mall. Incredibly short line. Got Nier and was out super fast.

#2565 gomikeoh   I like turtles. CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:04 AM

so nothing from amazon? radio silence?! WORST BLACK FRIDAY EVER CONFIRMED!

live laugh love

#2566 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

so nothing from amazon? radio silence?! WORST BLACK FRIDAY EVER CONFIRMED!

Video game wise they just price matched some games which didn't last long at all. For the ones that talking about kingdom hearts. There was a rumor or something saying there's a new collection coming with all of them. Which why I waited on that.
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"

#2567 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10247 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

Stupid Walmarts in my area are showing South Park TFBW out of stock. Guess I'll swing by later in the morning, if they dont have it I'll go to Target and pick it up

I did see the StoneAgeGamer and Krizz had their everdrives on sale with 20% off so I picked up a few things I needed

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#2568 budarc   Lonely Boy CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

For the ones that talking about kingdom hearts. There was a rumor or something saying there's a new collection coming with all of them. Which why I waited on that.

Sheeet. Well, I looked it up and it seems like a thing. 

http://comicbook.com...-playstation-4/

Not sure it's worth waiting for, especially if it's being touted with a $78 dollar price tag and has the exact same content.

I'm sure the collection will get re-re-released for the next platform too, Playstation 5 or 6, by the time Kingdom Hearts 3 finally comes out. 

#2569 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10021 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

Doesnt really seem to be worth it when you can get the entire series for 35/40 bucks right now

#2570 Ray5555   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Stupid Walmarts in my area are showing South Park TFBW out of stock. Guess I'll swing by later in the morning, if they dont have it I'll go to Target and pick it up

I did see the StoneAgeGamer and Krizz had their everdrives on sale with 20% off so I picked up a few things I needed

funny your walmart stores didn't have The new South Park game yet the one I went to tonight had at least 10+ for each system after everybody picked through the games. I got there only 10 minutes after Walmart opened and they sold out of madden for the ps4, and had one copy for the xbox one, they had only one copy of Wolfenstein II, ghost recon, and Dishonored 2. They were out of NHL, and Madden on the ps4(physical copies, they had digital codes :( ). They had a ton of the NBA games on the ps4. Had a few shadow of war. 

As for Wolfenstein II a guy tried to snatch it out of my hand until I slapped his hand with one of the many battlefield 1 games lying around.

I ended up getting the following:

PS 4

-------------

Wolfenstein II

Ghost Recon wildlands

Dishonored 2

Shadows of War

Xbox One

----------------

Madden 18

3DS

--------------

super smash bros. melee

2DS Zelda console

I will note last year I went to Best Buy, and it was a decent experience. This year was not. People kept ramming their carts into my butt to get me to move. The only problem is the people in front  of me were just standing there talking holding up everybody. So the next time they tried to ram the cart in my butt. I quickly kicked their cart and jammed their fingers in the cart. Then for the couple that was holding up the line. At this point I was royally ****ed off. So I ended up slamming my cart (which was empty at the time) into theirs startling them. I know I was rude. but getting s cart rammed into my butt. 5 times made me a little ****ed off. I wouldn't have mind if they were actually getting something. But no they were in the middle of the traffic just stopped talking to each other causing a huge traffic jam.  

#2571 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Sheeet. Well, I looked it up and it seems like a thing. 

http://comicbook.com...-playstation-4/

Not sure it's worth waiting for, though, especially if it's being touted with that $78 dollar price tag and has the exact same content.

I'm sure the collection will get re-released for the next platform too, Playstation 5 or 6, by time Kingdom Hearts 3 finally comes out.

Yeah, but to have them all in one would be great. Besides I doubt it be that much and with the backlog now I doubt I'll be playing it. Still gotta finish up 1.5 on ps3 one day.
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"

#2572 budarc   Lonely Boy CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:54 AM

I'm not even sure why I'm still here; I got everything I wanted this BF except for that $59 one-year subscription to PS Now, which was actually #1 on my list. And now it's not even being sold for regular price anymore. I just checked PS Store and nada. Way to leave us hanging. I can't believe Amazon decided to drop that four days before BF -- for less than 24 hours. I don't even have enough time to play all of the games I just bought, but this is still bumming me out for some reason.

#2573 .Azaria   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

No amazon lighting deals this year?

#2574 Ray5555   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

No amazon lighting deals this year?

apparently not. Most games listed as part of their Black Friday ad were never listed on sale. And now are OOS. I have been watching marvel vs. capcom infinite like a hawk for the last week.

#2575 teknodude   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

teknodude

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

Thanks OP for making this thread. The list was very helpful in seeing games of interest.

I picked of Wolfenstein 2 pack and Doom at Bestbuy. The games section was a mess and I almost walked out empty handed. Luckily I found Wolfenstein by flipping through the value games section. I went back and flipped through the mess of regular games and found Doom. It would have been easier finding the games if I didn't go in at 12am, but I didn't feel like dealing with the crowds and the long checkout line.

I just noticed that you can get $10 mail-in rebate when you buy Wolfenstein 2-pack and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. Deal is good for another month. I might go back out and get the other game.

The other game I wanted was Resident Evil 7, but target was sold out. Target had all their security displays unlocked and open. I guess they didn't want to deal with locking and unlocking the shelf for all the customers. The bad part is that I saw an open copy of Madden 18 without the desk =/

#2576 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3264 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Mario + Rabbids is back at Walmart.com

#2577 winterlane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

winterlane

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

apparently not. Most games listed as part of their Black Friday ad were never listed on sale. And now are OOS. I have been watching marvel vs. capcom infinite like a hawk for the last week.

Madden, FIFA, and NBA have actually been OOS for weeks on Amazon. It looks like they never intended to stock a big chunk of the games that were on sale elsewhere.

#2578 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12150 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

I struck out on that $100 acre laptop j wanted at Best Buy sadly 😫. Imma go to target and GameStop to wrap up my tech shopping before I get some clothes. Hope everyone is having a successful hunt !
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#2579 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3515 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

So are there any great deals for IPhones with AT&T or Verizon? Family currently has AT&T and we need to upgrade 2 of the phones to like an 8.

Tastes like chicken.

#2580 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

Smh i bought 2 4k movies and totally forgot the ps4 dont play 4k movies