* * * * * 22 votes

Black Friday 2017 - The Epic Master Thread

#2731 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:22 AM

I was holding out for a few items. Hopefully cyber Monday will have some deals on digital currency if that's what you want to call it. I'm needing to get iTunes , Google play cards mainly. I wouldn't mind to pick up some cards for my consoles to use during the upcoming Christmas sale.

iTunes, you say.

https://www.ebay.com...0|5374:Featured

Check my Tradelist..

Current selling: 1-Year PlayStation Plus codes

#2732 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2646 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

So finally caught up on the thread. Glad everyone had a smooth Thanksgiving.

My haul
Wolfenstein 2(PS4)
Shadow of War(PS4)
Rayman(Switch)
NBA 2k(Switch)
Xbox One S(for daughter)
DualShock 4(for son)
Sims 4(for daughter)
Black Dickies hoodies(for work)
Workout Gym(for son)
Switch Premium Upgrade Bundle(wanted a second dock)
Ipad(gift)
Sony e900x hdr tv
New tv stand
Shopvac

Overall a pretty easy experience. The worst part had to be the check out on the GameStop website. It took me 3 hours Wednesday night. I considered grabbing that 8tb hdd and the microsd card but couldn’t pull the trigger. Most of the other games on sale I already own. And I don’t really buy physical movies.

A few questions:

What’s an Everdrive?

Planet Earth II is coming to Netflix next month, it will be in 4K hdr correct? Just seen a few people picking it up. I just purchased my first 4K tv and I’m going to be looking for content to test it out.
bleedingwicked.png

#2733 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5097 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

I was holding out for a few items. Hopefully cyber Monday will have some deals on digital currency if that's what you want to call it. I'm needing to get iTunes , Google play cards mainly. I wouldn't mind to pick up some cards for my consoles to use during the upcoming Christmas sale.

Target has an iTunes deal in store: buy one card, get the second one 30% off. Family Dollar has $25 Google Play cards for 15% off.

#2734 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:54 AM

I lost out on so much waiting on the PSN flash sale that never came... Every store around me sold out on Uncharted 4.. All I managed to get was Yakuza 0 digitally for $30 as planned.

Hoping Cyber Monday has something for $20 with my name on it.

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#2735 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

So finally caught up on the thread. Glad everyone had a smooth Thanksgiving.
My haul
Wolfenstein 2(PS4)
Shadow of War(PS4)
Rayman(Switch)
NBA 2k(Switch)
Xbox One S(for daughter)
DualShock 4(for son)
Sims 4(for daughter)
Black Dickies hoodies(for work)
Workout Gym(for son)
Switch Premium Upgrade Bundle(wanted a second dock)
Ipad(gift)
Sony e900x hdr tv
New tv stand
Shopvac
Overall a pretty easy experience. The worst part had to be the check out on the GameStop website. It took me 3 hours Wednesday night. I considered grabbing that 8tb hdd and the microsd card but couldn’t pull the trigger. Most of the other games on sale I already own. And I don’t really buy physical movies.
A few questions:
What’s an Everdrive?
Planet Earth II is coming to Netflix next month, it will be in 4K hdr correct? Just seen a few people picking it up. I just purchased my first 4K tv and I’m going to be looking for content to test it out.

What size tv did you get, also what was total of it all.
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"

#2736 BWOzar   Give Vita a Chance! CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Total haul (all digital, all Xbox One):

Walmart:
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (Gold Edition) ($10 price glitch!)

Fry’s:
Cuphead
Super Lucky’s Tale

Microsoft Store:
Black the Fall
Halo Wars 2
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogamr
Madden NFL ‘18 (GOAT Edition)
NBA 2K18 (Legend Edition)
Planet of the Eyes
Prey
Screamride
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (Gold Edition)
Tacoma
What Remains of Edith Finch
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Digital Deluxe)

#2737 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12148 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

It feels so good to play kingdom hearts again. I never played dream drop distance so 2.8 was a god send !
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#2738 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8466 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Man I wish I had money.

Didn't you post a little while ago that you wish you had a wife? You can't have it both ways, pick one.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#2739 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2646 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

What size tv did you get, also what was total of it all.

Got the 55in, it was $999. Had over $600 in B.B. gcs and certs, so it was only $440ish after tax.

If you meant the total of everything, I’m not really sure. The Xbox and most of the games were pruchased at GameStop with credit. The tv stand was $100.
bleedingwicked.png

#2740 Apostle22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Apostle22

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Didn't you post a little while ago that you wish you had a wife? You can't have it both ways, pick one.

This is a very smart man.  One day people will make write songs about you.  

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#2741 LisaB333   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

LisaB333

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

Should I give up hope that Mario Odyssey will be on sale anywhere before Christmas?  

#2742 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

My haul

Walmart:
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (Gold Edition) ($10 price glitch!)

Amazon

AC: Origins - $29

Wofenstein II - $24.99

Super Lucky's Tale - $15

Uncharted 4 - $15

God of War 3 Remastered - $14.99

Yakuza Kiwami - $15

​Ratchet & Clank - $14.99

Missed out on Disgaea 5 from Best Buy

Also bought a PS4 Slim from Target $199 (Unopened)

I'm holding out on a better PS4 Slim deal come Cyber Monday so I can return the one from Target. (Kohls sold out and I don't shop at Gamestop)

515771.png

#2743 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

Got the 55in, it was $999. Had over $600 in B.B. gcs and certs, so it was only $440ish after tax.

If you meant the total of everything, I’m not really sure. The Xbox and most of the games were pruchased at GameStop with credit. The tv stand was $100.

How do you like the tv? I've been back and forth on that one and the TCL-P607

#2744 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2646 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

How do you like the tv? I've been back and forth on that one and the TCL-P607

I haven’t received it yet. My closest store didn’t have it. So I ordered online for in store pick up. It will be ready on Tuesday. I also went back and forth on the TCL and the Sony. While both have great reviews, the Sony seems better in almost every way. Apparently quality is close to OLED. The main reason I chose to pay more for the Sony, I didn’t want to risk playing the panel lottery. About 1 out of 10 reviews I’ve read, there’s someone that needs to return/exchange it. I’m going to try to compare them while I’m in store next week, I could always change my mind. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

I was going to wait till I compared to order but I didn’t want the Sony to jump in price. Keep in mind it has a retail price of $1400. While it’s on sale now, the TCL doesn’t really get a discount, from what I’ve seen.
bleedingwicked.png

#2745 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Anyone do Walmart in-store pickup for any of the Black Friday deals?

The shipping killed it otherwise.

Just wondering, as mine are still processing.

:ps4: Currently Playing : Call Of Duty : WWII
:ps3: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Super Mario Odyssey 

:3ds: Currently Playing : The Legend of Zelda (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Cuphead 

#2746 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

I lost out on so much waiting on the PSN flash sale that never came... Every store around me sold out on Uncharted 4.. All I managed to get was Yakuza 0 digitally for $30 as planned.

Hoping Cyber Monday has something for $20 with my name on it.

I guess you didnt want to go to Gamestop and get Yakuza there

#2747 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3489 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

When did $10 lego batman movie 3d and suicide squad 3d happen?  Guess I missed out.

#2748 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Too bad there wasn't an $8 GTAV this BF.

#2749 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

In addition to games, I bought pillows and pants. :lol:

My kind of pillows?

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#2750 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

My kind of pillows?

just $3 pillows from JCPenney. No body pillows. 

#2751 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

Did you make this?

WK5jQ5n.jpg

Who's winning?

Personally, B Roode (online) is eliminated.

#2752 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

What do we do now?

#2753 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Surprisingly, I bought nothing from Best Buy this year. 

Just bought stuff from Walmart, Target, and Gamestop

#2754 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

Did you make this?
Who's winning?

Personally, B Roode (online) is eliminated.

Yeah, I made it.

If we are going by actual results, then Gamestop and EBay won.

But to me, Gamestop and Best buy are each the final men in their team (which would have been better.)

Dell and Sears got taken out on the ramp during their entrance.

Meijer and BJs were lost somewhere backstage.

And Wal-Mart sold out... Literally.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#2755 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Successful haul this year...all online. Spent a lot but I be damned if I didn’t save a lot.

Best Buy (had like 50 in credit from purchases throughout the year, even more coming in from these, the BB CC brings in a lot of points plus Elite):
Wolfenstein 2 - $25
Translucent Red PS4 Controller - $39
Tekken 7 -$19
iPad (for the lil bro) - $249

Target:
COD WWII for $45 (Used Google Express for the AMEX $20 off deal to get this to $25)
Yakuza Kiwami Steebook Edition - $15

Xbox/Microsoft Store (had 105 in credit because Microsoft screwed up a refund and refunded my CC and Microsoft Account so practically got all this free):
The Surge - $24
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Year Celebration - $20
Cuphead - $20 (not a deal, but I been wanting the game and decided to stop waiting for a price drop since it would be free anyway)
Shadow of War - $27 (physical)

GameStop:
Clear Translucent PS4 Controller - $38 (traded up the original black one for $25 and used a $5 coupon to get
this down to $8 or so before tax)
Prey - $19
Titanfall 2 - $15

Amazon:
Echo Dot + Smart Plug - $34
Life is Strange Before The Storm - for like 6 something thanks to a price glitch

I did walk into Walmart Friday night for the hell of it and it was pointless. I didn’t find anything but I got most of what I wanted anyway. My backlog is so serious right now.

Oh yeah I also used Citi Price Rewind to price match AC Origins and some how they matched it to $16.99! It said it was matched at Barnes and Nobles somehow.

Currently:

:ps4:   Nier: Automata & Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |   :xb1: Assassins Creed: Origins, LA Noire, The Surge & Wolfenstein: The New Order  |   Nintendo Switch: Super Mario Odyssey 

#2756 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Poor Battlefront II. No one wanted it. 

#2757 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

I got it but only because I have a friend who works for EA. I get to buy any new EA titles for $20 thanks to him. It’s nice to have a friend who works there because most games from EA feel like they’re only worth $20 anyway lol.

Currently:

:ps4:   Nier: Automata & Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |   :xb1: Assassins Creed: Origins, LA Noire, The Surge & Wolfenstein: The New Order  |   Nintendo Switch: Super Mario Odyssey 

#2758 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3251 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:27 PM

;__; Well if I had money I could get a sugar baby. I saw a special on CNN. They're legal. 

#2759 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, I made it.

If we are going by actual results, then Gamestop and EBay won.

But to me, Gamestop and Best buy are each the final men in their team (which would have been better.)

Dell and Sears got taken out on the ramp during their entrance.

Meijer and BJs were lost somewhere backstage.

And Wal-Mart sold out... Literally.

I like it! Very creative. Thank You.

Best Buy kept taking bumps, crashing through tables and chairs. Looks like the entire order went through.

Walmart got all the Toys for Tots, Disney Fashion Dolls x3 and giant stuffed animal. Online order went through no problem.

Gamestop, I agree. No problems online or in store.

Amazon went well. There's still Monday's Cybraw.

#2760 Ibacai  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

I didn’t see it on sale anywhere I went sadly.