Target Cartwheel Deals 10/22-10/28

Paulis30ish

Banned
I'm posting the three continuing deals now, and as soon as the app is updated, I will add the new deals. Here are the current deals... EDIT: New deals added. Edit 2: This deal makes me dance. EdIt 3: This is a deal with your Destiny. edit 4: This deal will assassinate you.

25% Off Styx Shards of Darkness PS4 or Xbox One (Expires 10/28)

10% Off South Park: The Fractured But Whole Xbox One or PS4 (Expires 10/28)

75% Off Call of Duty: WW2 Pre-order Card (Expires 10/28)

35% Off Battlefield 1 Revolution Xbox One or PS4 (Expires 10/28)

35% Off EA Madden NFL 18 Xbox One or PS4 (Expires 10/28)

10% Off Just Dance 2018 All Consoles (Expires 10/28)

15% Off Destiny 2 PS4 or Xbox One (Expires 10/28)

10% Off Assassin's Creed Origins PS4 or Xbox One (Expires 10/28)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it $35 to join GCU? Also, some people may not have a Best Buy in their town. I don't. Just a Target. The closest Best Buy to me is two towns away.

Isn't it $35 to join GCU? Also, some people may not have a Best Buy in their town. I don't. Just a Target. The closest Best Buy to me is two towns away.
DpQ9YJl.jpg

I'm just saying. There are 1,816 Target stores in the world, and only 1,026 Best Buy stores. So, Everytime somebody posts on my thread about Best Buy or GCU, I just have to ask why? Especially since it's only 20% off and you have to pay for it, when Cartwheel is free, and it ranges from 5% off up to 75% off. Plus the fact that you can get a free red card which takes another 5% off of your purchase. I'm just trying to understand how paying $35 every two years, is considered to be a good deal, when you can get deals on games as good as 20% off, or better for free from other stores.

Yeah, but you have to buy three $60 games before you start reaping the benefits of paying the $35. It's only after you have bought those three games, that you actually start saving money from the 20% off. Also, Best Buy doesn't allow you to use GCU on Black Friday. Where Cartwheel has had deals every year on Black Friday weekend.

GCU lasts 2 years. How much money do you spend on games in 2 years? You also get free 2-day shipping with GCU.

Yeah, but you have to buy three $60 games before you start reaping the benefits of paying the $35. It's only after you have bought those three games, that you actually start saving money from the 20% off. Also, Best Buy doesn't allow you to use GCU on Black Friday. Where Cartwheel has had deals every year on Black Friday weekend.

I've had gcu since it was released, when they were giving old gamers club members coupons to bring the price down from the at the time $120 to $30. The last 2 weeks alone I bought 4 games. 3 regular editions, amd wwe cena nuff edition. The se for wwe, I sold the supercard qr code close to $70 on eBay. It made the game the same price as the vanilla copy for me. But assuming I didn't sell that, $30 for that and $12 for the other 3 each is $66 off. To each their own though.

I'm just saying. There are 1,816 Target stores in the world, and only 1,026 Best Buy stores. So, Everytime somebody posts on my thread about Best Buy or GCU, I just have to ask why? Especially since it's only 20% off and you have to pay for it, when Cartwheel is free, and it ranges from 5% off up to 75% off. Plus the fact that you can get a free red card which takes another 5% off of your purchase. I'm just trying to understand how paying $35 every two years, is considered to be a good deal, when you can get deals on games as good as 20% off, or better for free from other stores.
I get not having a close BB, where GCU makes sense. GCU doesn't make sense if you only buy one handful of games a year. However, I'm the customer GCU was created for; I buy several dozens of games every year. Why not buy from them, earn points & save money. Do I buy every game from BB, no but a large majority. $30 < $99.

I get not having a close BB, where GCU makes sense. GCU doesn't make sense if you only buy one handful of ganes a year. However, I'm the customer GCU was created for; I buy several dozens of games every year. Why not buy from them, earn points & save money. Do I buy every game from BB, no but a large majority. $30 < $99.

Order online and get free shipping to your home.

I've said it 1,000x, I'll say it again: there is not even one good reason why any gamer living in the U.S. would not have GCU. $30 for a 2-year membership that gives 20% off all new games is an insane deal that is unrivaled by any other retailer.

Yeah, but you have to buy three $60 games before you start reaping the benefits of paying the $35.
No you don't. You just need to spend $120 after GCU discount on games before you do. Whether that's one overpriced CE, or a handful of $25 or less games, you'll get your $30 worth in 2 years in no time.

People who try to argue and say GCU isnt that good, or amazon is just as good or cartwheel is just as good or this is better, or that is better are fucking dumb.  GCU is 30 fucking dollars for 2 years and its 20% off EVERYTHING, if you want to sit and dilude yourself into saying that isnt the best deal for a gamer possible then your just plain and simple a fucking moron

Then clearly GCU isn’t meant for you if you don’t think you’ll be reaping the benefits in those 2 years.

Someone is actually arguing against GCU?

Nobody else matches it. Amazon came close for a while, but it had to be within a two week period or preorder. They’ve since taken that away except for preorder. GameStop has introduced something similar, but only for used games and only for a year. If they did it on new games, I’d shop at GameStop more.

Cartwheel has sucked ever since they took away price matching + CW - sure you can always buy other Cartwheel items and try to sneak the PM + CW by the CS representative but they're even catching on to that and denying it - GCU is 1000% better than  CW

Cartwheel has sucked ever since they took away price matching + CW - sure you can always buy other Cartwheel items and try to sneak the PM + CW by the CS representative but they're even catching on to that and denying it - GCU is 1000% better than CW
Technically, they never took it away. Some stores are wising up to it, but that doesn't mean every store is. One store I used to frequent I could basically get away with murder, but where I am now, it's a lot harder to get away with shenanigans.

I never said that GCU sucked. I just don't understand how people on CheapAssGamer willingly give Best Buy 30 for nothing. And, if you have a Red Card, you get free two day shipping also. My main thing, is that my thread is specifically about Cartwheel, I don't go on the Best Buy thread constantly posting about Cartwheel. It's a free country, you can post what you like, I just don't see why people always bring up GCU in threads that have zero to do with Best Buy.

Hey hey hey, summer down now. I work at target and take advantage of cartwheel things, but also agree the 30 for gcu is great, because target almost never has sales on games, so the cartwheel is all the discount u get, where as if it's a sale at bb you can also get the 20% off. If you buy like 1 game a year I can see how gcu wouldn't be for u. But on cheapassgamers? Cmon. Gotta take all the discounts and bounce between them. A true cheapassgamer goes between numerous places with deals. Target, bestbuy, Gamestop. Some have better deals at times then others.

zantra I appreciate u posting and stuff for the cartwheel. And it sucks people drop in here just to bash one thing or another. But also don't fire back and try and belittle gcu or passively insult those with gcu.

They are comparing price. Some people like math.

Red card is 5% off no money out of pocket.
GCU is 20% off but $30 out of pocket.

How many new games have to be bought for GCU to pass RC?

Also doesn't include earned certificates or $10 preorder certificates.

I use both so I don't really care, but some are on a more fixed budget. Hope that helps you understand.

Didn't mean to start a debate in this thread. Haven't been on CAG in a while and was curious why someone thought 10% off a new release was surprising. My bad

They are comparing price. Some people like math.

Red card is 5% off no money out of pocket.
GCU is 20% off but $30 out of pocket.

How many new games have to be bought for GCU to pass RC?

Also doesn't include earned certificates or $10 preorder certificates.

I use both so I don't really care, but some are on a more fixed budget. Hope that helps you understand.
Dont forget though best buy card is an additional 5% in points and another 2% in points for the game purchases

I'm honestly not mad at all. I just don't think paying $30 for coupons is a good deal. They don't even give you magazines anymore, like they used to. It may shock people to know that I used to have GCU, but I never bought enough games to make it worth my while, and my Best Buy always had a crappy selection of games. At least Target doesn't charge you to be disappointed.

I'm honestly not mad at all. I just don't think paying $30 for coupons is a good deal. They don't even give you magazines anymore, like they used to. It may shock people to know that I used to have GCU, but I never bought enough games to make it worth my while, and my Best Buy always had a crappy selection of games. At least Target doesn't charge you to be disappointed.
If you don't spend $150 in 2 years on video games then I would agree. GCU isn't worth it. But with buying only 1 full price new release game a year, does it really matter where you buy it?

All that you’re doing is literally describing why GCU isn’t good for *YOU* while trying to argue with others that GCU is pointless. Do you see the flaw in that?

Fine, I'll join this Internet fight. GCU is $30, not $35. $3 saved on a $60 game at Target with Red Card. $12 off with GCU. $9 off per-game more at Best Buy on new games. 4 new game purchases in 2 years to beat Red Card. That's before you consider things like the +10% credit boost with GCU, the 10% off used games, the B2G1 used coupon, the Best Buy rewards points, The 10% rewards certs on big-name pre-orders at Best Buy, and what seems like an overall superior offering of sales at Best Buy in a given week.

As to why someone said "why not both?" You don't need to open a line of credit to use GCU. You only have to be 13 to get GCU, rather than needing to be an adult to get the credit card. That's not a "me" problem, but something to be considered as a whole. I don't use Red Card because Target's deals are rarely better than BB's, and I don't see the value in opening a credit card with them to save $10/year or something.

I just don't understand how people on CheapAssGamer willingly give Best Buy 30 for nothing.
I called you out last week for being a condescending prick, but I was wrong to do that. You are not a condescending prick...you are an oblivious moron.

I'm getting Mario and AC this Friday with BB GCU. I'm saving $24 and getting $20 back in rewards certs using GCU which cost me $30...so I'm coming out ahead $14 and I still get to use GCU for two years.

If I buy them at Target instead and use Cartwheel then I get NOTHING!

Order online and get free shipping to your home.

I've said it 1,000x, I'll say it again: there is not even one good reason why any gamer living in the U.S. would not have GCU. $30 for a 2-year membership that gives 20% off all new games is an insane deal that is unrivaled by any other retailer.
Well, you're right... I can't give you one good reason. There are a bunch.

1) I already have Prime, and I need Prime. [we do tons of amazon shopping, subscribe&Save, etc]

2) Any game I'm going to buy 'new', I'd just preorder. If I'm going to preorder, I get the same 20% off.

3) Amazon is good to me. They almost never mess up any order I place, and when they do mess up, they make good [ie, my Uncharted 4 came 3 days late, and when I hit them up and asked them about it, they refunded the entire purchase price w/o me even asking for anything].

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people like GCU, but pretending there's 'not even one good reason' people wouldn't drop $30 on it is pretty silly.

I have GCU and also Red Card and use CartWheel.

I got my GCU 2-year fee paid off in a few months or less for buying Disney Infinity and Lego Dimension and flipped for profit on ebay (and sometimes Amazon) by buying more.

Unlike most of you, I don't buy new release.  Usually don't even buy at $20, my price point is about $15 or less. So, the discount from GCU isn't that much but I believe I save more from GCU after fee and easier to flip than from Target.

Target price usually doesn't go that low until the game is on clearance, but then it's hit or miss per store and I have to use brickseek or go to the store to check. Bestbuy is simple, check daily deal and sale and the price is universal online or store, and many games will hit less than $20 ($16 after GCU) sooner or later. BestBuy seems like to move the inventory quickly rather than overstocking. I don't need to go to store unless I want to return.

However, since TTL games are already dead, I probably will not renew my GCU as I don't buy new release which "save" the most. The same reason I will never make use of that 20% off pre-order from Amazon Prime.

I called you out last week for being a condescending prick, but I was wrong to do that. You are not a condescending prick...you are an oblivious moron.

I'm getting Mario and AC this Friday with BB GCU. I'm saving $24 and getting $20 back in rewards certs using GCU which cost me $30...so I'm coming out ahead $14 and I still get to use GCU for two years.

If I buy them at Target instead and use Cartwheel then I get NOTHING!
It's cute that you have a crush on me, but I'm already in a relationship. Sorry.

I should start stating my opinions and bashing other stores as much as possible from now on. They make this thread way more active and popular than usual.

I should start stating my opinions and bashing other stores as much as possible from now on. They make this thread way more active and popular than usual.
Yeah, I opened the thread again because I thought we had a really good deal pop up today!

what's the 75% off preorder cards? guess they aren't doing the 30 percent off anymore.

what's the 75% off preorder cards? guess they aren't doing the 30 percent off anymore.
They are those $1 pre-order cards that usually score you some exclusive Target DLC for the game, and get you a $5 Target gift card when you buy the game on release day.

You don't need to open a line of credit to use GCU. You only have to be 13 to get GCU, rather than needing to be an adult to get the credit card. That's not a "me" problem, but something to be considered as a whole. I don't use Red Card because Target's deals are rarely better than BB's, and I don't see the value in opening a credit card with them to save $10/year or something.
You don't need to open a line of credit for Red Card. There's a debit option that allows you to connect to your bank account so it works like a normal debit card but only for Target. So definitely get both if you can

You don't need to open a line of credit for Red Card. There's a debit option that allows you to connect to your bank account so it works like a normal debit card but only for Target. So definitely get both if you can
And Red Card gives you 5% off EVERYTHING, not just video games, including the Starbucks inside Target.

bread's done
Back