* * - - - 4 votes

Target Cartwheel Deals 10/22-10/28

#31 Zantra2  

Posted Yesterday, 01:10 AM

I'm honestly not mad at all. I just don't think paying $30 for coupons is a good deal. They don't even give you magazines anymore, like they used to. It may shock people to know that I used to have GCU, but I never bought enough games to make it worth my while, and my Best Buy always had a crappy selection of games. At least Target doesn't charge you to be disappointed.

#32 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted Yesterday, 01:28 AM

I'm honestly not mad at all. I just don't think paying $30 for coupons is a good deal. They don't even give you magazines anymore, like they used to. It may shock people to know that I used to have GCU, but I never bought enough games to make it worth my while, and my Best Buy always had a crappy selection of games. At least Target doesn't charge you to be disappointed.

If you don't spend $150 in 2 years on video games then I would agree. GCU isn't worth it. But with buying only 1 full price new release game a year, does it really matter where you buy it?

#33 WindyJ23  

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 AM

All that you’re doing is literally describing why GCU isn’t good for *YOU* while trying to argue with others that GCU is pointless. Do you see the flaw in that?

#34 Lil Frier  

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 AM

Yeah, but you have to buy three $60 games before you start reaping the benefits of paying the $35. It's only after you have bought those three games, that you actually start saving money from the 20% off. Also, Best Buy doesn't allow you to use GCU on Black Friday. Where Cartwheel has had deals every year on Black Friday weekend.

Fine, I'll join this Internet fight. GCU is $30, not $35. $3 saved on a $60 game at Target with Red Card. $12 off with GCU. $9 off per-game more at Best Buy on new games. 4 new game purchases in 2 years to beat Red Card. That's before you consider things like the +10% credit boost with GCU, the 10% off used games, the B2G1 used coupon, the Best Buy rewards points, The 10% rewards certs on big-name pre-orders at Best Buy, and what seems like an overall superior offering of sales at Best Buy in a given week.

As to why someone said "why not both?" You don't need to open a line of credit to use GCU. You only have to be 13 to get GCU, rather than needing to be an adult to get the credit card. That's not a "me" problem, but something to be considered as a whole. I don't use Red Card because Target's deals are rarely better than BB's, and I don't see the value in opening a credit card with them to save $10/year or something.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3; :ps4:: NONE, :3ds:: Pokémon Y,    :wiiu:: NONE; :pc:: NONE

#35 180husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:01 AM

I just don't understand how people on CheapAssGamer willingly give Best Buy 30 for nothing. 

I called you out last week for being a condescending prick, but I was wrong to do that.  You are not a condescending prick...you are an oblivious moron.

I'm getting Mario and AC this Friday with BB GCU.  I'm saving $24 and getting $20 back in rewards certs using GCU which cost me $30...so I'm coming out ahead  $14 and I still get to use GCU for two years. 

If I buy them at Target instead and use Cartwheel then I get NOTHING!

Posted Image

#36 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 AM

Order online and get free shipping to your home.

I've said it 1,000x, I'll say it again: there is not even one good reason why any gamer living in the U.S. would not have GCU. $30 for a 2-year membership that gives 20% off all new games is an insane deal that is unrivaled by any other retailer.

Well, you're right... I can't give you one good reason.  There are a bunch.

1) I already have Prime, and I need Prime. [we do tons of amazon shopping, subscribe&Save, etc]

2) Any game I'm going to buy 'new', I'd just preorder.  If I'm going to preorder, I get the same 20% off.

3) Amazon is good to me.  They almost never mess up any order I place, and when they do mess up, they make good [ie, my Uncharted 4 came 3 days late, and when I hit them up and asked them about it, they refunded the entire purchase price w/o me even asking for anything].

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people like GCU, but pretending there's 'not even one good reason' people wouldn't drop $30 on it is pretty silly.  

#37 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 AM

I have GCU and also Red Card and use CartWheel.

I got my GCU 2-year fee paid off in a few months or less for buying Disney Infinity and Lego Dimension and flipped for profit on ebay (and sometimes Amazon) by buying more.

Unlike most of you, I don't buy new release.  Usually don't even buy at $20, my price point is about $15 or less. So, the discount from GCU isn't that much but I believe I save more from GCU after fee and easier to flip than from Target.

Target price usually doesn't go that low until the game is on clearance, but then it's hit or miss per store and I have to use brickseek or go to the store to check. Bestbuy is simple, check daily deal and sale and the price is universal online or store, and many games will hit less than $20 ($16 after GCU) sooner or later. BestBuy seems like to move the inventory quickly rather than overstocking. I don't need to go to store unless I want to return.

However, since TTL games are already dead, I probably will not renew my GCU as I don't buy new release which "save" the most. The same reason I will never make use of that 20% off pre-order from Amazon Prime.

#38 Zantra2  

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 AM

I called you out last week for being a condescending prick, but I was wrong to do that.  You are not a condescending prick...you are an oblivious moron.

I'm getting Mario and AC this Friday with BB GCU.  I'm saving $24 and getting $20 back in rewards certs using GCU which cost me $30...so I'm coming out ahead  $14 and I still get to use GCU for two years. 

If I buy them at Target instead and use Cartwheel then I get NOTHING!

It's cute that you have a crush on me, but I'm already in a relationship. Sorry.

#39 180husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 AM

200.gif

well...

raw.gif

Posted Image

#40 Zantra2  

Posted Yesterday, 11:45 PM

I should start stating my opinions and bashing other stores as much as possible from now on. They make this thread way more active and popular than usual.

#41 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13145 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:18 AM

I should start stating my opinions and bashing other stores as much as possible from now on. They make this thread way more active and popular than usual.

Yeah, I opened the thread again because I thought we had a really good deal pop up today!

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#42 voldo  

Posted Today, 12:19 AM

what's the 75% off preorder cards? guess they aren't doing the 30 percent off anymore.

#43 Zantra2  

Posted Today, 02:15 AM

what's the 75% off preorder cards? guess they aren't doing the 30 percent off anymore.

They are those $1 pre-order cards that usually score you some exclusive Target DLC for the game, and get you a $5 Target gift card when you buy the game on release day.

#44 Mikeyjl87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:00 AM

You don't need to open a line of credit to use GCU. You only have to be 13 to get GCU, rather than needing to be an adult to get the credit card. That's not a "me" problem, but something to be considered as a whole. I don't use Red Card because Target's deals are rarely better than BB's, and I don't see the value in opening a credit card with them to save $10/year or something.

You don't need to open a line of credit for Red Card. There's a debit option that allows you to connect to your bank account so it works like a normal debit card but only for Target. So definitely get both if you can