Mafia III Collectors Edition (xb1/PS4) - $29 DEAD

I've never played a Mafia game but have been interested in this one for awhile. Lukewarm reception (and overwhelming backlog...) led me to hold off for a deep discount but damn, that's a lot of stuff. I kinda feel like it has to be worth it, unless shipping is like twenty bucks haha

I've never played a Mafia game but have been interested in this one for awhile. Lukewarm reception (and overwhelming backlog...) led me to hold off for a deep discount but damn, that's a lot of stuff. I kinda feel like it has to be worth it, unless shipping is like twenty bucks haha
Shipping is $2 lol

Seems like a good deal to me. Backlog has kept me from getting this one, but too much swag to pass up. I loved mafia II, so hoping for more of the same here.

I ended up pulling the trigger on it. I figure for $33.47 it was worth it considering it come with a vinyl soundtrack and the season pass.

meh - that artbook isn't even the actual artbook.  as for the rest of it, it's a lot of junk IMHO for a mediocre game.  will wait to just get the game for $10 or less.

Anymore comments about the game itself? I believe the general gist was great acting/story, boring and repetitive non-storyline gameplay. 

My expectations are pretty low. I would mostly be picking it up for the vinyl.

I kept hearing how good the soundtrack is. 

so I checked it out in youtube and I have to admit it is good.

this is from someone who isnt big on 70's music.

Anymore comments about the game itself? I believe the general gist was great acting/story, boring and repetitive non-storyline gameplay.

highly anticipated day one purchase for me.........I was however super disappointed and sold it a few days after release. Loved the first two but couldn't look beyond the lazy game design. Check this video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlszwKVVP0

highly anticipated day one purchase for me.........I was however super disappointed and sold it a few days after release. Loved the first two but couldn't look beyond the lazy game design. Check this video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlszwKVVP0
xuA9UOg.gif
[attachment=28420:eef.png]

I got it at launch and my only complaint was the pacing. Which is something I've never noticed being good or bad in a game before.
I was super into the story whenever I actually got some story

Last edited by a moderator:
I kept hearing how good the soundtrack is.

so I checked it out in youtube and I have to admit it is good.

this is from someone who isnt big on 70's music.
I could start the game and leave it on the title screen for hours. Hendrix all along the watchtower. Sometimes if i had stuff to do around the house I would crank it and let it ride.

love the Stones and 70s music. A quarter of the way into it, I turned off all music and played spotify. Music gets real old FAST, its very repetitive on songs. It will take 10 mins before I heard street fighting man.again.

As for gameplay, I had fun. But towards the end, I just wanted to hurry up and finish it. I don't have a problem playing games a second time to get some trophies or achievements. But I will not play this game a second time. you need to play it twice for all achievements as you can choose your story lines. And the driving omg the driving just get so boring and boring driving around. Think of GTA driving distances and then times is by 3. I very much enjoyed it though, and i have been tempted to get the season pass but I talk myself out of it.

xuA9UOg.gif
attachicon.gif
eef.png

I got it at launch and my only complaint was the pacing. Which is something I've never noticed being good or bad in a game before.
I was super into the story whenever I actually got some story
The game got much better after a few patches. Early on it had issues, but most of the issues have been smoothed out including the mirror nonsense. The story was good. Its an above average open world game.

The gameplay is so great that the game is still fun even during the last third where you do the same missions over and over again but I didn't care cause this game is so much fun I beat like maybe 4 games a year and I beat this one because of how much fun it is

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back