Homefront: The Revolution: Day 1 Edition - PlayStation 4 - $7.99 w/ GCU

Is this the steelbook edition? If so I may buy this and try and dump my regular non steelbook ps4 copy for the same amount

I hate fps. But that price.. Please no.. Stop tempting me, seductress.. Stop it.. I'm trying the NoFap movement.. Wait.. Wait no.. I.. I can't resist that price

i guess i'll chime in here and say it's a slightly above average game. most of the very negative reviews are from release and before patches. i played through it and all the dlc a few months back. it gets repetitive pretty quick and can be boring at times. should have had more variety in missions. if the game was more like its dlc, it could have been great. still worth it at this price but just don't expect it to be amazing.

i guess i'll chime in here and say it's a slightly above average game. most of the very negative reviews are from release and before patches. i played through it and all the dlc a few months back. it gets repetitive pretty quick and can be boring at times. should have had more variety in missions. if the game was more like its dlc, it could have been great. still worth it at this price but just don't expect it to be amazing.
What is the game like? far cry?

What is the game like? far cry?
yeah, it's somewhat similar to Far Cry but Far Cry does everything better. if you play about an hour or two of Homefront, that's pretty much what you'll be doing the entire game. there are sandbox areas where you take over bases and destroy stuff. there are also some occupied city sections where you have to sneak and attack alot.

the motorbikes (which are everywhere) are almost pointless as there are enemies everywhere as well and they often respawn out of nowhere. you can get killed easily while riding one and you bump into too much stuff.

another negative are the airships. they are always circling overhead and when they spot you, swarms of enemies will come. many times i was in the middle of a firefight and an airship would spot me and make it worse. pretty much when that happens you need to run and hide until it loses site of you and leaves.

the weapons system is kind of unique though. each weapon can change into something else on the spot. for example, the crossbow can be changed into a shotgun or flamethrower.

Glad I got this at Redbox a few months back for $2. It's an enjoyable game.
same here, was able to beat it and appreciate it for what it was. very solid game in my opinion, if only the team had more time to add more and polish it further, it would have re-birthed the franchise once again in my opinion.

Oh God, no wonder.
Already have the steelbook version when it was on sale for $7.99 with gcu...

But regarding the $1 discount, were u able to still get it even if ur store didn't have it in stock? A rep I spoke with a while back for price matching a game said/insisted the $1 discount only pops up if ur local store has it in stock for same day pickup...I've never been able to trigger it so couldn't verify if it was true or the rep didn't know what discount I was talking about lol

Already have the steelbook version when it was on sale for $7.99 with gcu...

But regarding the $1 discount, were u able to still get it even if ur store didn't have it in stock? A rep I spoke with a while back for price matching a game said/insisted the $1 discount only pops up if ur local store has it in stock for same day pickup...I've never been able to trigger it so couldn't verify if it was true or the rep didn't know what discount I was talking about lol
nah I had already picked it up and didn't bother to ask about the $1 off. :D but now I know for the holiday sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't need this game and probably won't play it anytime soon, but couldn't pass up the steelbook for $9.41 after GCU.  Surely it's better than the original Homefront. 

bread's done
Back