SNES Nintendo New 3DS XL - Amazon Exclusive - Comes w/ Mario Kart

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
Didn't see this here. 

$200 for this sweet looking console. I know most people like the Famicom version, but I grew up with this and totally dig it. Would have been cooler if it wasn't an XL. 

Any who. Here is link to pre order. Allegedly Amazon Exclusive. Comes with DLC code for Mario Kart. It went up at about 2am ET today. 

81x9gep0D8L._AC_.jpg

715cWotlJJL._AC_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment, I am planning on selling my black NN3DS and covering the cost (Which I'm guessing will be about $60-$70) for this. 

Happy I didn't get the Metroid version now. 

Would love to get this, but cannot justify buying it when I already have N3DSXL. This may be my favorite special edition 3DS system yet though.

I have at least 10 3ds systems. I have the original 2ds and pre ordered the Poke Ball version. I have the 3ds XL that looks like the NES controller. I should add this to complete the set.

if this came out a year or 2 ago I’d have been all over it. Coming out now, though- no thanks. Too late.

I’m sure it’ll sell out though.

Was there a confirmation that this is Amazon exclusive?
Yes, at least for me (I'm assuming it's tied to my purchase history), there is a big yellow banner announcing the availability of the unit on the main page of Amazon that says it is "Amazon exclusive".

Looks cool but meh. Its way too late in the 3DS cycle to be buying full priced new consoles. If this goes on sale like the New 3DS models did last year I'd be all over it, but no way in hell at $200. (Or if it came with a bundle of SNES games that were exclusive)

I'm still sitting on like 6 3DS consoles here too....

I'd MUCH rather have the SFC Version of the N3DSXL. Anyone know if they have region locking on those?
So would I, but the Japanese model is crazy expensive, and the EU version while better, isn't great price wise either. Honestly, the weight of the XL was always an issue for me, and after using the standard N3DS for awhile now, I doubt I could go back. But if I could get one of either of those models at a good price, I would grab one for collecting purposes.

Also, there are work around's for the region locking issue, so it may be something worth looking in to if you really want the other models, instead of the one offered here.

Amazon Exclusive? so it'll be $800 on November 28th?

I just bought the New 2DS XL because its small and lightweight.

I still have my older New 3ds XL as well.

If you want one get it now because once the pre-orders are gone it'll be going at a high price

If you want one get it now because once the pre-orders are gone it'll be going at a high price
I'm for sure going to keep an eye on this, as I'm interested in how this plays out. Amazon and "N" haven't always played nice with one another, so how or why they got an exclusive system is a huge question mark for me. Especially with the crap way Amazon ships things, and how they will pull an item for "investigations" once it does happen.

I agree with many others, that this is coming out a little on the late side, as this holiday will probably be the 3DS's last, and while this system looks cool enough, how many will be buying it? I'm sure this was only produced to get rid of the last of parts for the N3DS, and to help promote the SNES Mini this holiday. So yeah, I won't be shocked if it's gone rather quickly.

I'm for sure going to keep an eye on this, as I'm interested in how this plays out. Amazon and "N" haven't always played nice with one another, so how or why they got an exclusive system is a huge question mark for me. Especially with the crap way Amazon ships things, and how they will pull an item for "investigations" once it does happen.

I agree with many others, that this is coming out a little on the late side, as this holiday will probably be the 3DS's last, and while this system looks cool enough, how many will be buying it? I'm sure this was only produced to get rid of the last of parts for the N3DS, and to help promote the SNES Mini this holiday. So yeah, I won't be shocked if it's gone rather quickly.
The female Corrin Player 2 amiibo goes for $50 new because it's exclusive to Amazon

Looks pretty cool and almost like there is texture Etc but I’m guessing upon further inspection it’s just a clevah paint job.

I preordered one but expect it to be faster to fly to a city with a treasure truck instead of waiting on month late delivery. 

With the code for Mario Kart included with the New 3DS XL, I'm wondering if they will milk more 3DS sales by promising/providing alot of Virtual Console games for it from SNES catalog since Nintendo knows that will sell more systems.

So would I, but the Japanese model is crazy expensive, and the EU version while better, isn't great price wise either. Honestly, the weight of the XL was always an issue for me, and after using the standard N3DS for awhile now, I doubt I could go back. But if I could get one of either of those models at a good price, I would grab one for collecting purposes.

Also, there are work around's for the region locking issue, so it may be something worth looking in to if you really want the other models, instead of the one offered here.
Yeah, standard 3ds, my launch one from Mar 2011 by far the best I've tried with the best looking screens & 3d even though I've not opted to use the 3d much. Plus the speakers far better than XL's I've tried. Only bad thing about the original to me is the tiny buttons that are not mushy like nes and snes controller buttons which I prefer & the d pad suffers same way. This snes one looks sweet even though I was never into the purple that much it's growing on me & looks great on this.

Yeah, standard 3ds, my launch one from Mar 2011 by far the best I've tried with the best looking screens & 3d even though I've not opted to use the 3d much. Plus the speakers far better than XL's I've tried. Only bad thing about the original to me is the tiny buttons that are not mushy like nes and snes controller buttons which I prefer & the d pad suffers same way. This snes one looks sweet even though I was never into the purple that much it's growing on me & looks great on this.
I very much liked certain things on the original as well, but the 3D was next to useless. Of course if you don't use it much, it may not be a concern, but I use mine all the time now with the head tracking of the "new" models. I can't recommend it enough, for that reason alone. As the 3D works as it should have from the start.

I also must admit the SNES XL is growing on me as well, as it plays much better on a handheld, than it ever did for the console. I would still never buy it over the JP/EU models, but if I had no choice, I could make it work. I think the only other model I would even consider now, would be the 2DS XL, as that has larger screens, but is super lite weight, and very comfy in the hands. It also has a model that has a similar color scheme to our SNES XL, but I guess that's why it wasn't offered here, as to not clash with the SNES XL model being offered.

And sadly, all the 2DS XL schemes so far offered here, really don't move me. I'm super happy with my standard N3DS, and that will probably be my last system in regards to the 3DS line, but I'm OK with that, as it's a great system.

As if anyone wants to play the SNES Mario Kart now. What the hell....

Should have come with Super Mario World. =/

The Lime Green exclusive from last year came with Super Mario World, but yeah I would prefer it over Mario Kart. Might grab this.

Will probably be easier to get than the SNES Classic.
I was able to pre-order this without a midnight F5 session, so yeah you're right. Being able to buy something I want to buy, at MSRP, is kinda nice. Almost forgot what that's like with a Nintendo product.

Thinking about pre ordering this and saving it for my kids but idk.  I have a N3DS at the moment and was thinking of buying the n2ds xl but haven't committed yet.  I don't really want my kids using the 3d functionality so I may have to pass on this as well.

Amazon Exclusive? so it'll be $800 on November 28th?
I just bought the New 2DS XL because its small and lightweight.
I still have my older New 3ds XL as well.

No chance. Outside of the MM N3DSXL, there’s hasn’t been a Nintendo SE handheld in years that’s been hard to obtain - barring the special price point of $99 last year for the N3DS. Even with the MM N3DSXL, that was your usual Zelda hype driving the force behind that one; the Hyrule edition released later and was exclusive to Gamestop made zero waves and stuck around for a while. Nintendo also had the exclusive Green N3DSXL last year and that was effort less to get.

They are bringing it back next spring
They'd have to produce an amount that makes it extremely difficult for scalpers to corner the supply and extort everyone. Which won't happen. It will be like the first release, all over again.

I can't believe a game from 1992 is the bundle title. Couldn't throw in a 3DS game?

bread's done
Back