* * - - - 7 votes

Target Ad 10/29 - 11/4 BUY 2 GET 1 FREE IS BACK BITCHES

#31 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:58 AM

Classic cag pre Black Friday trap. Full priced games reducing them to roughly $42 per new releases much more than the $35 or less featured on Black Friday.

Avoid at all costs.

ya and i don't have as much money as did last year so i gotta pick and choose black friday, probably won't get much on bf/cyber monday either. but turning mine and families pur points into like 800 in pre owned certficates gonna be sweet.

#32 Zombie8  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

No switch games??????? Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

#33 esalw822  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

i love this deal, buy 3, cancel 2, get 1 cheap. thats how it works, right?

That'll work.  But since Target prorates the B2G1, you can always just return 2 and get 1 at the B2G1 price even if you aren't able to cancel.  Either way you're good even if you only want one game.

Edit:  And glad to see Twitter back from Crazytown.  Thanks for the head's up OP  :applause:

#34 fodawim   Banned Banned   67 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

fodawim

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Classic cag pre Black Friday trap. Full priced games reducing them to roughly $42 per new releases much more than the $35 or less featured on Black Friday.

Avoid at all costs.

Or just use Discover and price match if they are cheaper.

#35 srac84  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Don't they usually have an additional 10% off with the wishlist app too?

#36 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1175 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hopefully the snes classic counts as a game.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#37 Wrectifyy  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Fuck yes! At the very least, I'll be doing a set of 3DS games, and may go ahead and do a set of console games as well. Everyone's situation is different, so this may not be a great deal or timing for some, but let's not pretend this is a terrible deal either.

#38 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

Omfg. Why would they exclude switch games? That's the dumbest shit ever.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#39 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Does anyone know if Amazon price matches this?

Wonder if I can pull one over and get some Switch games.

#40 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Bummer switch games don't qualify as that's what I'm most looking for right now. Oh well.

So, do Red Card members still get our 5% off? Or do we have to pay the normal $80 price?

Red card works for everything in the store / online. Same with the employee discount.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. https://go.twitch.tv/jess_stryker

Jess+Stryker.png

#41 Bosshog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Waiting for the Best Buy B2G1 this year. I hope they do it this year, at least.

I also hope they don't exclude switch games :\

#42 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

FYI - The Ad says that All Video Games AND All Board Games are B2G1 (excluding Switch games and Cards Against Humanity). The Ad says you can mix and match between Board Games and Video Games, so this deal may have more value if you are looking for both.

#43 FoxAlive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

FoxAlive

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hopefully the snes classic counts as a game.

https://goo.gl/images/dhGHTi

#44 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3389 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

I can't stop touching myself after this news. Heads, shoulders, knees and toes. Eyes and ears and mouth and nose.

#45 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

It's hard to get excited about this assuming BB does it again in December. That said, I'd really like Evil Within 2 and Ys 8, so I've got a little more than a month to decide on a third

#46 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

What are the odds breath of the wild and Mario Kart for switch will be on sale for black Friday?

Trying to decide if I should wait or just try to pick them up used.

#47 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3389 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

It's hard to get excited about this assuming BB does it again in December. That said, I'd really like Evil Within 2 and Ys 8, so I've got a little more than a month to decide on a third

:D keep your eyes peeled for Raise discounts on target gift cards and use red card for that extra 5%. Don't forget about ebates! Save save save, bro hombre!

#48 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

:D keep your eyes peeled for Raise discounts on target gift cards and use red card for that extra 5%. Don't forget about ebates! Save save save, bro hombre!

Nothing beats BB with a GCU membership at the holiday time. There are also usually deals on Best Buy GC's through Ebay and other sources. Around this time of year you can usually get $100 BB GC for $85 via ebay. You can also use ebates, Ibotta, etc with Best Buy. 

#49 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

For people who do the B2G1 at target before. can you PM and do that deal? 

I was able to do this last year using store pickup and then price match, but YMMV. In-store is mostly likely a no-go, I tried and it was Price Match OR B2G1.

The CS rep messed up something with the price match and I ended up with a much larger discount.

#50 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

With Black Friday right around the corner, I don't really see the point of this. And no Switch games? What gives?

:ps4: Currently Playing : Shadow of the Colossus 
:ps3: Currently Playing : Ratchet & Clank HD Remaster 

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Nothing! 

:3ds: Currently Playing : Zelda II (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Cuphead 

#51 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

dot hack be calling my name

#52 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3866 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Mathematically this is not that much better than GCU. I think I'd rather wait for Best Buy's for gcu stack of Black Friday prices for wolf and ass creed will be 30-35 each

#53 Perfect*Ending   Cute Kelly CAGiversary!   2396 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Perfect*Ending

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

Decent deal.  :)

But I bet inventory will be limited as always.

Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#54 ritchardf  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

same shit every year, january to september everyone asks about when the buy 2 get 1 free sale is then when it shows up everyone talks about how bad of a deal it is.

#55 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4157 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

same shit every year, january to september everyone asks about when the buy 2 get 1 free sale is then when it shows up everyone talks about how bad of a deal it is.

Target b2g1 was always shit. Best buy is where it’s at. Been that way for years.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#56 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   407 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

Does it apply to physical PC games?

Spoiler

#57 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

I'd just want to use it for Mario and some other Switch stuff, so I guess no deal.  Ah well.

848734.png

#58 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

If you’re willing to be a full year CAG you’d have still paid less for much of these games and got then sooner. Like this sale will make Horizon Zero Dawn, Overwatch, and Nier $40 a piece when like six weeks ago with GCU they were $24.

So then you’d think, well, it’s good for new releases like Creed, Wolfenstein, South Park, and any other time of year that’d be true but it’s just one month until they’d all be $30 anyway. And the fact that Mario won’t count sucks.

Also the used Switch games at GS have all been in immaculate condition, no disc to scratch, no instruction manuals, cases too small to get all bent out of shape or have kids sharpie writing in, you couldn’t tell they weren’t just unboxed by you so unless you’re collecting unopened ones $29 used after B2G1 would’ve beat the crap out of this sale and you’d play them all months sooner.

Still, nothing’s as offensive as B.B. turning off GCU during the holiday sales.

#59 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1475 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

The ad reads like Target is saying that Nintendo is a 'lil bitch, hehe.

I think it means the software sells well enough that it doesn’t need a sale and they don’t need to take a loss

#60 Blackthorne1129   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Blackthorne1129

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

Still, nothing’s as offensive as B.B. turning off GCU during the holiday sales.

I totally agree.  YMMV Disclaimer:  I've actually had decent luck with getting the cashier/managers to price adjust upon request for the GCU discount.  I've had about an 80% success ratio over the past couple holiday seasons.  Mind you, i'm usually making a fairly large purchase and they do not like the hassle of irritating an elite plus member and losing the sale.  It's like all things in life...if you don't ask, the answer is always no.