CAGcast #520: Thanks for the Boo-ze

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Cheapy realizes that loot boxes can add fun and value, Wombat breaks into song about Mario, and Shipwreck reminds us about the worst bathtub scene in modern cinema.

Download (1 hr 23 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harrys. Please visit http://www.harrys.com/cagcast to get your free trial shave set when you sign up. Just pay for shipping!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Amber - One More Night (Hani's Club Mix - Cheapy Make it Longer Edit)
Outro - Batman v Superman - Lois & Clark in the bathroom
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
CAGcast on YouTube
Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I kicked the shit out of those 10 year olds."

Can't stop laughing lol.

Edit:

Also, Chris Grant doesn't know how to work save slots. "games journalism" :/

https://imgur.com/a/maNg6

Nearly died at that opening minute or so. Amazing.

Also. As for Zelda saves, you can make unlimited Zelda saves. I have no idea what that dude did. Even more so, you can just make a new profile and show someone the beginning.

I am putting this on the Polygon guy for not copying his saves.

However that doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't need to get their shit together and get some more good , modern features.

As someone who plays, wife plays, 8 year old plays and sometimes 4 year old plays the switch we've had zero issues with saves etc.

Can’t believe Cheapy’s incredulous response to Shipwreck saying that Cheapy probably won’t like Mario. You know you’re not gonna like Mario. This will play out just like it always does. You’re gonna say, “It’s okay I guess... I don’t get why it has a 97 on Metacritic though.”

Trying to help Cheapy increase his charitable deductions for year so I just subscribed to the channel through Amazon/Twitch Prime. Does the channel get the same amount of money as if I subscribed normally for $5? 

Pretty sure if CheapyD was a DJ at a 90's rave, I'd be dancing all night. Great opening choon! I see your hand-raising epicness and raise you this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqtkwP-uR5M

Enjoying the podcast every week since I can have it for the Thursday afternoon commute - so great! Can't wait to hear the "what's giving CheapyD boner-dreams?" next week. I about drove off the road when you mentioned "HelloFresh" in that segment.

"HelloFresh! For the best home cooked meals and strange boner-dreams..." - CheapyD

I don't know why I am telling this story - maybe because it's late at night - but I have a peeing in the sink story.

My wife and I are trying to have a baby, so we are doing IVF. Well, as part of my role in IVF, I need to make deposits at the IVF clinic (if you know what I mean). Both times when I arrived at the clinic for my appointment, I didn't have to use the bathroom. When I was called into the room to make my deposit, the nurse asked me if I needed to use the bathroom. I would reply no, and then she would close the door. Well, because she put that thought into my head of going to the bathroom - combined with the fact that I wanted to make sure I made a good deposit for IVF - I got nervous thinking that somehow my delay of using the bathroom would be a negative on my deposit. I would feel weird pressing the button to ask for her to come back right when I got into the room, so I didn't bother to call her back.

So, I did the most logical thing. I peed in the sink in the deposit room. I made sure to run the water after and "clean" it.

This same situation has happened twice already in the same explanation. I didn't have to go beforehand, but just asking if I had to go, made me had to go.

I guess taking a leak in desk drawers is more common than I thought.   I had a college buddy who got so shit faced that he decided to take a leak in his desk drawer.  Brought back a flood memories, mostly hazy.  

Ship, have you seen the HDRetrovision.com cables?  Do you have any?  If so how do they look compared to your modded consoles?  I've got a bunch of consoles connected to an old CRT.  I want to get rid of it because the CRT takes up too much space.  I don't want to mod my consoles unless I have to. 

Re: intro:  It helped me find this song, which I hadn't heard in ages!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecnIW2KKe6w

Re: peeing in drawers: I have my own story.  Back in college, I used to cater with a bunch of other students after classes were done.  Everybody working that program moved into the same dorm for the duration of the events.  My roommate and never locked our doors but learned to soon after this happened.  One night, my roommate woke me up to tell me one of our co-workers had come into our room, pulled out my desk drawer and peed in it.  He said the door woke him up, but by the time he realized what was happening, he didn't want to stop him for fear that he would spray everywhere.  So he waited for him to finish, led him out, and woke me up.  Luckily, I only had a couple of papers in there since I had just moved in so I there was no big loss on my part.  Once the kid was sober the next morning, he offered to switch desks, which I gladly took him up on.  

The funny thing was that the layout of the two desks were the same as the urinals in the bathroom next door, so the kid thought he had gone into the bathroom, business as usual.  

Chris Grant is worse at games than Wombat, his save didn't even get overwritten.

Also  I believe this video accurately describes what is happening to Cheapy in his dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbCvC-cQ2Pk

Great show. Love the Cheapy boner dream of the week. I have no solution but they keep me laughing. I happen to enjoy loot boxes. Being a cheap-ass I do not buy them. I do think our games are cheaper than ever and devs & publishers have to do what they can to make money.

Trying to help Cheapy increase his charitable deductions for year so I just subscribed to the channel through Amazon/Twitch Prime. Does the channel get the same amount of money as if I subscribed normally for $5?
yes, I believe they get the same amount for the sub.nice use of prime sub, I think i'll do that too.

Anyone gonna draw a parallel on Cheapy beating little kids at laser tag, and Cheapy beating little kids at ping pong? 

Great episode this week.

Re: Overwatch Lootboxes, I just got Overwatch recently (around lvl 40) and only have 10-15% of the loot I'd guess and I see duplicates (credits) all the time. I have to wonder if it was even worse before...

Awesome costumes guys. Best is Cheapy with the no cry babies sign in the background. Should not have been allowed in the restraunt due to the amount of admissions of crying watching movies.

Anyone playing Wolfenstein on I am death Incarnate level? Asking more so to Shipwreck. Played the other current ones and have to say that so far this game feel cheap. Has taken me about an hour and a half to beat the first level.

bread's done
Back