* * * * - 5 votes

PlayStation Plus 1 Year Membership $39.99 at Gamestop and Amazon

#61 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Do they charge tax in store as well? I might be by a GS later or tomorrow.

No tax in NY if you buy in store and use trade credit. Thanks OP!

#62 TheRealRizzo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TheRealRizzo

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

couldn't get best buy to price match, even as my workplace I couldn't get my manager to budge on it, he was convinced that it is a currency/value card, off to GameStop.

#63 Gsdriver   CAG Veteran Banned   41 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Gsdriver

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

Same here my code is saying invalid, hope they fix this

I recopied my code from my gamestop account and it worked. Just a glitch. I can confirm my code did not work before. 

#64 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

Just remember to turn off auto renew after redeeming the code.  You will make the virtual CAG Wall of Shame if you get charged $60 a year from now or whenever your PS+ expires.

You should not have a credit card or paypal attached to your PSN, xbox, steam, or Nintendo accounts.  All have been hacked, some multiple times, and its far better to buy wallet cards from gamestop, best buy, amazon, ebay, etc and keep a wallet of $ for digital stuff.  Without a credit card auto charge never kicks in.

#65 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

Go to your online purchases and check the expiration of an item that you got for free from PS+

I used this site and clicked on the media tab in case anyone else is having trouble finding it.

https://account.sony...mentnetwork.com

#66 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Good luck getting a refund.  I think people become so obsessed with getting a good price that they buy things that they know they don't really need.  But I guess that's the way most sales work.

You can post that to every collector edition threads  :bomb:

At least this doesn't take up any physical space and pollute the world

#67 ErgoProxy   "Basking in your hatred... Feels quite nice." CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

ErgoProxy

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

After card is purchased when you click The Click here to sign on the order confirmation page, it puts the code with dashes in the box, that is why the initial code is invalid. When you enter it yourself, I doubt you put the dashes in, just what I noticed. Have a great day. Mine just went thru like a charm.

#68 Macedon911  

Macedon911

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

Same here, code is not valid. Also under order history, my transaction with the PS+ is not showing up. Not only that, but I also haven't received an email from GameStop regarding this order (I ordered about 45 min ago). I was able to save the confirmation page on a word document right when I purchased it, so at least I have that. Anyone else who is looking to buy a PS+ card, be careful. 

Quick update. I have received the email and my order history reflects the purchase. However, the code still doesn't work. I called GameStop customer service this morning, was on the phone for 54 minutes before I hung up. No one answered. Will try again later when I'm free.

#69 srac84  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

Anyone try to buy it with rewards

#70 srac84  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

Well in case anyone is wondering this is in store as well and you can not use power up rewards on it no digital items

#71 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12833 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

You should not have a credit card or paypal attached to your PSN, xbox, steam, or Nintendo accounts.  All have been hacked, some multiple times, and its far better to buy wallet cards from gamestop, best buy, amazon, ebay, etc and keep a wallet of $ for digital stuff.  Without a credit card auto charge never kicks in.

Not true, if you have enough PSN money in your wallet, they'll take the $60 from that.  They do it with PSVue and they'll do it with any other subscription as that is exactly how I handled it when I subscribed to PSVue.  No credit card linked to my account so I had to make sure I had enough money in my wallet to cover the monthly charge.

#72 ck0  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

I seem to be in the minority that doesn't redeem them right away...

There are periods of time when I don't need PS Plus, either because I don't like the free games that month, or I'm not playing a game that requires it.  Why stack multiple years?  You can extend it out by only redeeming when you need to.  Only thing I can think of is people may lose the code and are forgetful

#73 boostlag   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   234 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

boostlag

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

I seem to be in the minority that doesn't redeem them right away...

There are periods of time when I don't need PS Plus, either because I don't like the free games that month, or I'm not playing a game that requires it.  Why stack multiple years?  You can extend it out by only redeeming when you need to.  Only thing I can think of is people may lose the code and are forgetful

its a 12month card you can't just use one month and stop another and start again.  Besides, free games are usually always meh.  Only reason to really get PS plus is to play online.   

#74 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

Is this deal still live? It now shows 59.99 online. Can I go in store and pick one up at 40$?

#75 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

Well in case anyone is wondering this is in store as well and you can not use power up rewards on it no digital items

Ok thank you. I will be stopping in to pick one up bc the website is giving me an error.

#76 ErgoProxy   "Basking in your hatred... Feels quite nice." CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

ErgoProxy

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

its a 12month card you can't just use one month and stop another and start again. Besides, free games are usually always meh. Only reason to really get PS plus is to play online.

For me it's not just online. The money I save buying digitals as a plus member easily paid for my plus subscribtion and many more times over. Not just about the "free" games.

#77 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

Is this deal still live? It now shows 59.99 online. Can I go in store and pick one up at 40$?

Theoretically you should be able to since the deal is listed in the sales flyer.

#78 SilentTreatment   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

SilentTreatment

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

For me it's not just online. The money I save buying digitals as a plus member easily paid for my plus subscribtion and many more times over. Not just about the "free" games.

Yes, I agree.  I have played so many great games from the free ps plus games.

Also, there have been numerous times where I was going to buy a game and then got it for free from ps plus.

It requires some patience, but the payoff is worth it.  Especially if its a single player game that can wait.

I was going to buy MGSV but got it free now.

I stacked this deal with what I got, Im good for a while.

Thanks OP

#79 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

Wtf it went up? Are you fucking kidding me?

#80 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Hmmm, DEAD already?

#81 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2991 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

Hmmm, DEAD already?

No idea about online but I did it in store a few hours ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#82 illatwill  

illatwill

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Damn, might have to go into the store today then. Smh.

Hmmm forget it, I’ll take my chances on a deal later this month.

#83 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12833 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

I just bought one in store 15 minutes ago without issue.

#84 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

What's the sale end date on the ad?

I won't get to head out to the store until tomorrow.

#85 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   715 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. Reports on the GameStop Facebook page show employees telling customers was an online only promo. Glad to know it's still working.

#86 0102030405  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

-

#87 tightclaws   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1925 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

tightclaws

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Gamestop is so full of it, because it's selling so well they pulled it.

#88 Rakaiju   Guardian of Silence CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

Back to $60 on GS's website. Damn.  :???:

They claimed on their FB page they're restocking online for that price. God knows how long that'll be, though. Better off just going with in-store. 

Edited by Rakaiju, 01 November 2017 - 11:10 PM.

#89 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12833 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. Reports on the GameStop Facebook page show employees telling customers was an online only promo. Glad to know it's still working.

No problem, I asked the associate manager if they had anymore of them as it was in their weekly ad, he looked up the sku, saw it was 39.99 and rang me up.

Their rep on their FB page says they are in the process of getting more codes for online (doesn't make sense to me since they can sell them for $60 ok instead of marking it as not available) but the sku they should use in store is 158438

#90 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

Same here, I just returned from the store, picked up 3 years.  It rang up for $59 each, she had to grab the ad and make an adjustment for the sale price.  Easy peasy