* - - - - 1 votes

Zelda BOTW Explorer's Edition and Link Edition 2DS System Thread

#61 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6592 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Walmart will have the Explorer's Edition for $50 on BF

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.</span>

#62 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

Walmart will have the Explorer's Edition for $50 on BF

Which after the prime discount or gamers club, best buy and Amazon are still cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#63 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5653 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

Which after the prime discount or gamers club, best buy and Amazon are still cheaper.

Yeah, and depending on release qty's, probably easier to get as well. But still a good secondary option, if BB/Amazon are sold out.

#64 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5796 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

Zelda: BotW Explorer's Edition up for pre-order on Target.com

https://www.target.c...856#lnk=sametab

That's assuming you can get it from either after Black Friday. Remember, the 3DS BF Bundle was only sold last year on Black Friday and you couldn't find it afterwards. Zelda Explorer and the Zelda 2DS are releasing on BF just as that did, so assume the same will happen.

#65 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Zelda: BotW Explorer's Edition up for pre-order on Target.com

https://www.target.c...856#lnk=sametab

That's assuming you can get it from either after Black Friday. Remember, the 3DS BF Bundle was only sold last year on Black Friday and you couldn't find it afterwards. Zelda Explorer and the Zelda 2DS are releasing on BF just as that did, so assume the same will happen.

Thanks for the posting - securing one with Target just in case.

gnugget_5.png

#66 dkstariob   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

Sold out on Amazon at the moment and people are unsure if Prime discount applies.  GCU does not apply on Black Friday so hopefully Best Buy makes this available before then.  

#67 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for posting the Target link to Zelda EE.  I placed an order to hold one, ill cancel if a better deal comes along.  I don't want to miss out like I did on Amazon.  Is this actually a LE or will they start selling these instead of the normal version?

#68 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for posting the Target link to Zelda EE. I placed an order to hold one, ill cancel if a better deal comes along. I don't want to miss out like I did on Amazon. Is this actually a LE or will they start selling these instead of the normal version?

Pretty sure it's an LE with limited stock..

At least that's how Nintendo made it to sound.

#69 Mighty Beck  

Mighty Beck

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

Sold out on Amazon at the moment and people are unsure if Prime discount applies. GCU does not apply on Black Friday so hopefully Best Buy makes this available before then.

I guess that explains why it's not up yet.

#70 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10872 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

Sold out on Amazon at the moment and people are unsure if Prime discount applies.  GCU does not apply on Black Friday so hopefully Best Buy makes this available before then.  

The thing is GCU does work on non-sale regular-priced items on BF.  This is a BF-advertised item (though not on sale) so I have no idea if it will give a GCU discount on Friday.  My hunch is though that it will.  Guess we will find out.

#71 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

The thing is GCU does work on non-sale regular-priced items on BF.  This is a BF-advertised item (though not on sale) so I have no idea if it will give a GCU discount on Friday.  My hunch is though that it will.  Guess we will find out.

I agree with what you wrote, though I still believe that BestBuy will put a portion up for preorder beforehand.  It certainly will not extinguish their stock, but it's not a high-demand console (e.g. Mario N3DS in 2016) and, as you said, it's MSRP with a pack-in. 

gnugget_5.png

#72 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

Did the same thing and was told the exact opposite, as Prime no longer offers discounts on Collector's Edition.

My Zelda Explorer Edition has the 20% discount.

#73 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3193 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:55 PM

There was a period of a few hours where Amazon offered the discount (likely by mistake). They later made the item unavailable. When it came back in stock, the discount was no longer available.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#74 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

There was a period of a few hours where Amazon offered the discount (likely by mistake). They later made the item unavailable. When it came back in stock, the discount was no longer available.

I spoke with a representative that confirmed it will qualify for the 20% discount.

Even if its not applied, at least I will have a leg to stand on. I'm sure they log all customer service chats.

#75 aldoussnow   The Doctor CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

aldoussnow

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Mine didn't but I per-ordered right after it went live. I asked Amazon about it and they refunded $20 to my cc from a past purchase so all I can do now is hope the prime discount gets added later and profit.

#76 Acapelli   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Acapelli

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Mine didn't but I per-ordered right after it went live. I asked Amazon about it and they refunded $20 to my cc from a past purchase so all I can do now is hope the prime discount gets added later and profit.

just want to chime in and say that i sent amazon a message and they credited me 20% for the discount too, even though i ordered it at the full price

#77 JeriKu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

just want to chime in and say that i sent amazon a message and they credited me 20% for the discount too, even though i ordered it at the full price

Mind copying what you sent in the message?

I used chat and the rep advised they would only be able to refund it once the item was shipped.

#78 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2716 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

So did BotW ever go up on Best Buy?

#79 Mrclarkkent  

Mrclarkkent

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

So did BotW ever go up on Best Buy?

Not as of yet. The page that was posted in this thread still says "coming soon".

#80 Acapelli   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Acapelli

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Mind copying what you sent in the message?

I used chat and the rep advised they would only be able to refund it once the item was shipped.

"I did not get the 20% off Prime savings that is offered with preorders and I am aware of other people who received the 20% off when preordering this game."

#81 tonyxvx  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

I asked for the 20% off again and got the "it will be refunded after shipment" reply, tried a third time and got a $5 credit, and tried right now for a fourth and final time and an Amazon delivery vehicle just pulled up outside and four men got out and are currently coming into my building. All of my Amazon devices have turned on and Alexa just keeps repeating "You shouldn't have done that."

Does this mean I'm not getting the $12? Even if I'm gone, I still want the $12 refunded, it's the principle of the thing

#82 Indarkened  

Indarkened

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

Meh just ordered @ Target I'd rather get it full retail then not get it at all. I'll likely be at work when it goes live @ BB anyway.

#83 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

So who is going for the 2ds?

#84 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:45 PM

I have the original 2ds. I will skip this one and bought the Pokémon 2ds for the form factor.

"GO YANKEES"

#85 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   759 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

They have already put the 2DS out on the shelves at my local Wal-Mart. I'm unsure if the register will allow a sale yet or not though, didn't have time to try it this morning. 

#86 Ibacai  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

If it was a 2ds XL I’d bite. Not this though.

#87 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

I have not owned more than one Nintendo handheld, so if I were to get the Zelda 2ds how difficult is it to link the preinstalled game to my account on my new 3dsxl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#88 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3193 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

I have not owned more than one Nintendo handheld, so if I were to get the Zelda 2ds how difficult is it to link the preinstalled game to my account on my new 3dsxl?

FYI. Nintendo won’t let you link more than one 2DS/3DS to your account for installing downloadable games. So your second console would only be good for physical games
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#89 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4356 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

I hate myself for buying this 2ds. And now the super nes one. And because I got that, I bit the bullet and grabbed the original nes 3ds XL odd ebay. Like, shit man. Double digit 3ds systems lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#90 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:24 AM

FYI. Nintendo won’t let you link more than one 2DS/3DS to your account for installing downloadable games. So your second console would only be good for physical games

Thanks for the info.

Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.