XBOX One X Scorpio edition available on target.com MSRP

Shipping No exclusives kills this deal.
and that focus is not going to change. You have all 3 of the big names (Ybara, Spencer and Loftis) that have said they don't care if you buy on PC or XBox. They are getting your money either way. You need a Windows 10 PC to play games from the Windows Store and they get just as much money as they do on the XBox market place. When they get tired of low Windows 10 sales then they put it on Steam to still get 70% of your money (steam taking the 30% cut vs Windows store where MS takes 100%). They aren't the market leader anymore either so it would be too expensive to chase third party exclusives outside of timed deals.

Not defending their lack of exclusives but people have to realize money is money for MS and they feel they wouldn't gain more by going console exclusive only.

Scorpio is a beast and will destroy PS4 Pro performance and will be the best place to play multi platform titles for the next few years till the PS5/X2 is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think general lack of "console/win10" exclusives is what hurts them.

The best place to play multi platform games is pc anyways.

Scorpio is a beast and will destroy PS4 Pro performance and will be the best place to play multi platform titles for the next few years till the PS5/X2 is out.
Hopefully there will be an actual PS5 and Xbone 2 someday instead of continual upgrades which take all the fun out of a console launch to me. I didn't get a Pro until Nioh inspired me to do so and I really don't see anything on the horizon that's going to make me want an X even though the disc drive in my launch XBone is broken.

Well wouldn't it be awesome if they let you install Windows 10 on this and then when you'd boot it up you could choose windows mode or Xbox mode surely a lot people would buy it just because of the PC aspect I would for sure though not getting this now until discounted

I wonder what the reception had been if they had marketed it as a next gen console with full hardware level xb1 backwards compatibility out of the box plus 360 and og xb backwards compatibility via emulation. I guess maybe they would have to make "xb1x" games not work on xb1 for this marketing strategy to work, but one has to wonder if they called it a new console rather than an upgrade if people would see it any different

Well wouldn't it be awesome if they let you install Windows 10 on this and then when you'd boot it up you could choose windows mode or Xbox mode surely a lot people would buy it just because of the PC aspect I would for sure though not getting this now until discounted
I've been saying for years they need to exit the console business and reinvent Xbox as a PC. PC gaming has been an exclusive 'club' of sorts for years because many people find it intimidating or can't justify the high price tag. They have lost the console market and will never be top dog again, so why fight it? The only reason they ever dominated with 360 was due to FPSLOL nerds and Sony drooling all over themselves with PS3 initially.

I've been saying for years they need to exit the console business and reinvent Xbox as a PC. PC gaming has been an exclusive 'club' of sorts for years because many people find it intimidating or can't justify the high price tag. They have lost the console market and will never be top dog again, so why fight it? The only reason they ever dominated with 360 was due to FPSLOL nerds and Sony drooling all over themselves with PS3 initially.
Because Sony having a monopoly over the console market is really what we need...

Well it's nice to have Xbox and it's exclusives obviously PlayStation wins in exclusives but i meant what would they lose if they added a windows 10 mode the Xbox one x keep theconsole aspect and allow windows 10 to work too as a fully functioning pc

and that focus is not going to change. You have all 3 of the big names (Ybara, Spencer and Loftis) that have said they don't care if you buy on PC or XBox. They are getting your money either way. You need a Windows 10 PC to play games from the Windows Store and they get just as much money as they do on the XBox market place. When they get tired of low Windows 10 sales then they put it on Steam to still get 70% of your money (steam taking the 30% cut vs Windows store where MS takes 100%). They aren't the market leader anymore either so it would be too expensive to chase third party exclusives outside of timed deals.

Not defending their lack of exclusives but people have to realize money is money for MS and they feel they wouldn't gain more by going console exclusive only.

Saying it will "destroy" is a gross overstatement. It will be better for sure but you forget that PS4 has the biggest market share and incase you didnt know developers develop for the lowest common denominator. At the end of the day publishers are business and they are going to develop and publish games where it makes the most financial sense. Microsoft published games will be the ones that will be able to showcase the XBOX (just realized the acronym for XBox One X is XBOX haha) power.

Thanks to the OP, I canceled my regular order at Newegg and ordered the Scorpion.  Plus I saved $25 with my RED card.

Because Sony having a monopoly over the console market is really what we need...
PS3 was a life lesson for them so if anything, I trust the brand to do right by consumers. That said, I never wished for a monopoly and Sony has no control over what happens to the market (unlike an online giant that DOES need government intervention) when consumers vote with their wallet. It is up to M$ and Nintendo to step it up and deliver something the customer does want.

Right now, at least for me, only Sony is providing that want.

PS3 was a life lesson for them so if anything, I trust the brand to do right by consumers. That said, I never wished for a monopoly and Sony has no control over what happens to the market (unlike an online giant that DOES need government intervention) when consumers vote with their wallet. It is up to M$ and Nintendo to step it up and deliver something the customer does want.

Right now, at least for me, only Sony is providing that want.
You’re fooling yourself if you think Sony wouldn’t change the way they do business if they don’t have MS competing against them. The same can be said for MS if Sony wasn’t around. You clever favor Sony, and that’s fine, but it would be absolutely terrible to the console market if MS left (regardless of what the trolls and fanboys say).

Ever since the original Xbox console (which I owned and thoroughly enjoyed), I've been saying that my PC will always be my primary Xbox... Direct Xbox.

so youd buy an xbox one x for quality and less quantity than have quantity and quality

quality being subjective here

It's also up on best buy.

I kind of want one but then having to get live and games for it... ugh

Does every thread on every forum on the internet about Xbox have to turn into a shitshow?
Seriously, what is the problem. I think its great that there is still a venue to order the scorpio edition. If I didn't have it preordered by now this would be a godsend.

It always turns into everyone discussing the deep business tactics of these corporations and conspiracy theories.

I wonder what the reception had been if they had marketed it as a next gen console with full hardware level xb1 backwards compatibility out of the box plus 360 and og xb backwards compatibility via emulation. I guess maybe they would have to make "xb1x" games not work on xb1 for this marketing strategy to work, but one has to wonder if they called it a new console rather than an upgrade if people would see it any different
I would probably be buying one if they did unless there was nothing I wanted that I could only play on the XBX. That's most likely what the situation would be knowing MS lately though.

You’re fooling yourself if you think Sony wouldn’t change the way they do business if they don’t have MS competing against them. The same can be said for MS if Sony wasn’t around. You clever favor Sony, and that’s fine, but it would be absolutely terrible to the console market if MS left (regardless of what the trolls and fanboys say).
How? It's not like AMD vs Nvidia, where it's a VERY specialized type of hardware, and if AMD went down in flames, somebody would swoop in to take their place. Now that would be a catastrophe, as Nvidia would have no incentive to keep improving their products to the extent they do with AMD as competition. You may say "Well Sony would be no different if Microsoft bowed out of the race", BUT there is still PC and Nintendo to contend with.

As it stands, I don't think Sony sees Microsoft as a threat in the least. And yet Sony continues to release blockbuster exclusives. Please tell me why it is they do so, even though they are miles ahead of Microsoft. They've pretty much already won the race, and it's not like it's them just showboating.

How? It's not like AMD vs Nvidia, where it's a VERY specialized type of hardware, and if AMD went down in flames, somebody would swoop in to take their place. Now that would be a catastrophe, as Nvidia would have no incentive to keep improving their products to the extent they do with AMD as competition. You may say "Well Sony would be no different if Microsoft bowed out of the race", BUT there is still PC and Nintendo to contend with.
As it stands, I don't think Sony sees Microsoft as a threat in the least. And yet Sony continues to release blockbuster exclusives. Please tell me why it is they do so, even though they are miles ahead of Microsoft. They've pretty much already won the race, and it's not like it's them just showboating.
Sony's 3 current business cores are (1) movies (which has been very hit-or-miss with rumors of Sony selling off the division the last few years), (2) PlayStation, and (3) image sensors for smart phones (apple).

Sony's movie business has been struggling for years with a $1B write down earlier this year. The new Spider-Man movie (pigggybacking off Disney's MCU) did well but doesn't change the reality: Sony isn't an industry leader in the movie business. Image sensors for iPhones is great, unless Apple decides to just make their own in house.

So that leads to Sony's last core: PlayStation. PlayStation has done very well and is one of the biggest reasons Sony is seeing its best profits in decades. IMO, Sony is announcing so many exclusives because it's pouring its resources into its strongest division after years of decline from a once electronics industry leader. Keep in mind a lot of the big exclusive work was done by outside studios. E.g., HZD vs. Nioh. In short, Sony really really needs the PS brand to continue to do well.

I'd probably bought a X, if it came with a Ryzen 5.  With the same old jaguar, you might get 4k but frame rates will still suffer.  Just can't pay 500dollars for a console that has probably less than 2 years of life left in it.  By E3 next summer Sony will most likely announce ps5 for launch in Xmas 2019, 16gb of ram, Ryzen 5 processor with Vegas based GPU which will pretty much make the Scorpio obsolete.

Agree that competition is always good for the consumer.

I do however think MS' days in the industry are numbered. I can see MS selling off the Xbox division soon ... Amazon?

Lol at half the stuff in this thread, will be enjoying my X next week
Excuse me, sir. Please give me a moment to explain why enjoying anything about Xbox is logically wrong.

Would you care to hear about Sony's rich library of good but not great exclusives?

Halo 5, fallout 3, and bully all updated last night on my Xbox set to receive X updates. I thought the 360 games would automatically improved through the hardware. Something is being done, no other reason to update two games that haven't had updates in years.

What is very strange is that Rockstar will not update GTA V 4 the PS4 Pro or the Xbox x but they're updating bully?

Woah, Quantum Break update is 99.6 GB. I just installed it so I'm guessing it wasn't originally, that big?

Woah, Quantum Break update is 99.6 GB. I just installed it so I'm guessing it wasn't originally, that big?
I'm out. My internet connection is capped at 250gb and only capable of like 1 Mbps downloads as it is (was actually only doing 100KBps the other day, so not even the full 1Mbps), so patches by themselves would prevent me from enjoying the benefits of the X1X in older titles.

Halo 5, fallout 3, and bully all updated last night on my Xbox set to receive X updates. I thought the 360 games would automatically improved through the hardware. Something is being done, no other reason to update two games that haven't had updates in years.

What is very strange is that Rockstar will not update GTA V 4 the PS4 Pro or the Xbox x but they're updating bully?
I assume they want to update games they plan on getting new releases for or want to test the waters to see if they should bring back older franchises, aka Dead to Rights and Prince of Persia.

i dont think you'll have problem finding these "scropio" editions in stores. If xbox one day one edition is to go by, I saw them at target 6months after launch.
Doubtful. My store got 6 Scorpios .. all pre-orders and about 50 regular ones.

I grabbed one from Best Buy, sold my S so using the money from that plus some reward certs to get it for no money oop.  Really only use it for 360 exclusives and the handful of Xbox One exclusives, but don't mind sending a message to these companies that I prefer power to cheap..

I have two 4k tv's so I'm keeping my s for the 4k player. Sold my launch Xbox one on Facebook marketplace for $130 about a month ago to put that cash towards the One X pretty easily and happy I got more then I could get for a trade in at gamestop and didn't have to buy my console from there.

Did anybody's Project Scorpio ship yet from Target? I'm keeping it unless an in store pick up for a Scorpio comes up somewhere. Wish it would just ship already. At this rate it don't look like it will get here until Thursday or Friday. Hopefully it just ships and I get tracking soon.

I'm excited to get my console on Tuesday for a number of reasons, but I'm not going to lie: I am really excited to play Oblivion again with the update.

My Target pre order had the shipping label created late last night. Still waiting on fed ex to scan it before I get my delivery date. Decided to have Target match the $50 off on elite controller with the purchase of my Scorpio Edition and they did on the online chat with a little convincing. lol Can't wait to try that out also!

It's there a way to mute people on this forum? Come here for deals not console wars, keep that crap on YouTube.

bread's done
Back