Xbox Live - Free $5 Digital Giftcard (YMMV)

avenger82

CAGiversary!
Just logged onto my Xbox Live account and saw that I had a message from Xbox Live for a free $5 gift card. Copied below:

Enjoy a free $5 gift card on us to kick off your holiday shopping for that perfect gift. Redeem by November 30, 2017 and spend within 90 days of redemption. See full terms at Microsoft.com/cardterms.
Anyone else get this? Worth checking your Microsoft/Xbox account. I plan on saving mine for the holiday digital sale in December.

Last edited by a moderator:
got it last night around 2 am. I think the code has to be redeemed by the end of the month and the $5 bucks has to be used to purchase something by 90 days after you redeem the code.  On the xbox deal thread it doesn't seem like everyone has been receiving this either. Some people thought it was because of some previous achievement hunt reward, or watching mixer last night or buying the one x but all those rumors as to why some are getting it and some aren't got shot down pretty quickly.  so YMMV?

Last edited by a moderator:
got it last night around 2 am. I think the code has to be redeemed by the end of the month and the $5 bucks has to be used to purchase something by 90 days after you redeem the code. On the xbox deal thread it doesn't seem like everyone has been receiving this either. Some people thought it was because of some previous achievement hunt reward, or watching mixer last night or buying the one x but all those rumors as to why some are getting it and some aren't got shot down pretty quickly. so YMMV?
Huh. What was the Achievement Hunt reward? I accidentally opened up Mixer earlier this week (I never use it), but it wasn't last night. Also didn't buy the One X.

I updated the title to include YMMV so it's not misleading.

Got one on my account and one on my other account that my nephew uses.  Not sure what triggered it.  Didn't do the mixer thing or anything.  I did attempt to do the GamePass goal thing but I don't think this was it.  My nephew's account is under my main account or family account, so maybe that's why he got it too?  I'm not sure.

j9q6gudh_1axjhuc_jet0dw.png

I haven't bought anything from Microsoft in 2 years. I actually never realized I received codes for GoW3 and Judgement from that GoW4 preorder price glitch...

bread's done
Back