* * * * - 10 votes

Best Buy Black Friday 2017

#331 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

Pay your credit card and they won't cancel.

Cool story bro!

#332 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

I spend more than $56000 at Best Buy per year and my orders don't get cancelled.

Posted Image

#333 lakers2008   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

lakers2008

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

I spend more than $56000 at Best Buy per year and my orders don't get cancelled.

bruh. Why are you here? You are obviously not a CAG. You spend more on Best Buy that most of us make in a year.  And wtf are you buying that you spend $56000 per year?????????????? 

#334 coolduck   super cool duck CAG Veteran   243 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

bruh. Why are you here? You are obviously not a CAG. You spend more on Best But that most of us make in a year.  And wtf are you buying that you spend $56000 per year?????????????? 

no, dont you get it?

he pays a man that salary to be a best buy employee that works specifically for him only. that way his orders never get canceled

genius

#335 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hey... I don't believe this has been asked yet anywhere online but does GCU stack with the BF sales?

#336 bondgirl  

bondgirl

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

Hey... I don't believe this has been asked yet anywhere online but does GCU stack with the BF sales?

Haha, good joke.

#337 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

no, dont you get it?

he pays a man that salary to be a best buy employee that works specifically for him only. that way his orders never get canceled

genius

I do anything to get that employee discount.
Posted Image

#338 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4247 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

This is getting annoying

Every time I try to log into Best Buy, it asked me to change my password.....

I get an error the first time, then it takes me to change my password.. I've changed it 5-6 times now...

QmmJ2ZM.png

#339 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

This is getting annoying

I get an error the first time, then it takes me to change my password.. I've changed it 5-6 times now...

QmmJ2ZM.png

that happened to me a month or two ago.

you'll just have to keep changing it each time you want to log in to your account.

it should eventually clear up and allow your password change to stick...it did for me at least.

#340 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

This is getting annoying

QmmJ2ZM.png

Had the issue sometimes. Logging into Best Buy using a different browser tends to work for me at least.

#341 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

Black Friday is my best friend.

#342 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:16 AM

Who's the presumptuous one?  I'd much rather game prices just go up -- sell them to me for $70, $80, or even $90 and give me the whole game.  If you think for a second that uncapped microtransaction gaming is better for you as a consumer, you're being delusional.

Do you pay any attention to this industry?  Did you read at all about what Activision has in store for you?  I'm guessing no.

Well, have fun.  As I've said here, I'm done with this industry when it migrates over to this business model.  I see it happening.  That's fine - if that's what people like you want, fine.  Listen, I have no expectations that there will be a change of course.  I'm just going to get the games I can, and play those. 

May be the industry's headed for what happened after Atari ... the price of videogames and single-player AAA experiences is under threat in 2017 and 2018.  I don't understand this notion that people play one game for a year, but that's the model nowadays.  It means there will be far less variety and less choice.  I don't see how that's good for anyone, but hey, TheCollegeGamer must be getting his B.A. so everyone listen to him, the all-knowing one who calls others presumptuous.

How lucky we are that future graduates keep open minds and, you know, don't just make up other people's positions without asking them.  I'm happy to see America's future is in some shitty hands.

Way to completely take your initial topic, the non-existent closure of a studio, and make it about something else that not only has nothing to do with what I was saying, but just makes points that have been beaten in to the ground and have been part of the ongoing discourse around games literally all year.

Shocker, EA and Activision want to abuse microtransactions, and a bunch of devs are integrating loot boxes in to games, real astute observation by you there. While you may be willing to pay $100 for a full game (btw, you're given this option with a lot of games through digital deluxe editions and Gold/Ultimate editions or whatever, not to mention GotY editions which end up costing around $60), good luck having little Johnny convince mom to pony up $100 each time a new game comes out. Sticker shock if very much a real thing in the industry, and much more so when you stray from core audiences who know and understand what they are paying for, but, you know, America's future and whatnot.

I don't play DotA or Overwatch or any o those lootbox driven games, but I fail to see how a game gives you all the meaningful content while keeping cosmetics behind either a steep time investment or a paywall is invasive or makes a game incomplete. Again, this model doesn't work for every game, but, getting back to the original topic before you got on your 'games aren't finished or complete and they want to nickle and dime me and I'm just done with this whole industry because it's not like it used to be' soapbox, I'm sure a developer like Housemarque (who still didn't have a closure, did you read about that? I'm guessing no), which has proven to care about the things that they make and their audience in the past, aren't likely to make a game that has the more abusive systems found in your CoDs or FIFAs or Battlefronts or Shadows of War.

And, for the record, this account was made while I was in college and I didn't change it, I'm years removed from my M.A. and in a position to spend my money on the games that interest me, which are primarily single player ones. Which have been, and will continue to be, made, whether done in the triple A scene or in the thriving indie scene, or in the space between where games like The Witness and Hellblade exist. 

But, hey, have fun being so open minded and not making up other people's positions. Oh, wait...that's literally what you've done on every post you've responded to.

#343 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2390 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

Way to completely take your initial topic, the non-existent closure of a studio, and make it about something else that not only has nothing to do with what I was saying, but just makes points that have been beaten in to the ground and have been part of the ongoing discourse around games literally all year.

Shocker, EA and Activision want to abuse microtransactions, and a bunch of devs are integrating loot boxes in to games, real astute observation by you there. While you may be willing to pay $100 for a full game (btw, you're given this option with a lot of games through digital deluxe editions and Gold/Ultimate editions or whatever, not to mention GotY editions which end up costing around $60), good luck having little Johnny convince mom to pony up $100 each time a new game comes out. Sticker shock if very much a real thing in the industry, and much more so when you stray from core audiences who know and understand what they are paying for, but, you know, America's future and whatnot.

I don't play DotA or Overwatch or any o those lootbox driven games, but I fail to see how a game gives you all the meaningful content while keeping cosmetics behind either a steep time investment or a paywall is invasive or makes a game incomplete. Again, this model doesn't work for every game, but, getting back to the original topic before you got on your 'games aren't finished or complete and they want to nickle and dime me and I'm just done with this whole industry because it's not like it used to be' soapbox, I'm sure a developer like Housemarque (who still didn't have a closure, did you read about that? I'm guessing no), which has proven to care about the things that they make and their audience in the past, aren't likely to make a game that has the more abusive systems found in your CoDs or FIFAs or Battlefronts or Shadows of War.

And, for the record, this account was made while I was in college and I didn't change it, I'm years removed from my M.A. and in a position to spend my money on the games that interest me, which are primarily single player ones. Which have been, and will continue to be, made, whether done in the triple A scene or in the thriving indie scene, or in the space between where games like The Witness and Hellblade exist. 

But, hey, have fun being so open minded and not making up other people's positions. Oh, wait...that's literally what you've done on every post you've responded to.

You seem intent on making a point, though it's honestly lost on me due to your meandering stream-of-consciousness.  What I can decipher is that you and I appear to be in agreement that we both prefer single-player experiences.  

I get your point about expensive games going outside the acceptable price norm.  The elasticity of game prices is a problem.  I'm not saying the $70-90 option is necessarily the best way.  What I AM saying though is that the road of microtransactions is the WRONG and WORST way for consumers.  It preys on the most vulnerable players, and that is IMHO a terrible way for companies to exploit people for money.  You may not be one of those vulnerable players, but that doesn't mean it's an appropriate way to go about this.

I also think your comment about microtransactions being only cosmetic misses the mark, and fails to grasp where all this is going.  It's only a matter of time before pay-to-win happens, and as we've seen in Battlefront 2 and NBA 2K18, it's also clear game companies are going put unlockables behind increasingly "absurd" or time-barriers to drive players to pay more.  I fail to see how any of this is good for consumers?

I also fail to see why you'd be defending this sort of business model?  Do you honestly think the  movement to games-as-a-service where publishers just update and keep selling you the same game month in and month out will bring you more single-player games?  Do you honestly think that will give you more diverse games? 

You mention the "thriving" indie scene will give us those AAA of great single-player experiences.  Again, I have to say you're not paying attention to the industry.  Where is this thriving indie scene?  If anything else, mobile, F2P games are thriving, and those are absolutely slaughtering the indie developers who want to bring you games like the next Witness, Guacamelee, or Astebreed.  The indie scene is NOT thriving -- at least not the one you're talking about.  You keep bringing up my comment about Housemarque; listen, I know Housemarque isn't closing.  You miss the point - it's that they're unable to survive even in making a shorter arcade game that's sold on PSN, and are telling everyone that they can't make single-player games that people will pay a value for - or at least not enough people.

It's comments like that, or the one by Visceral which added that EA had a terrible time making commercially viable their critically acclaimed Dead Space games -- because people didn't want to pay $50-60 for a AAA 10-12 hour experience.

I'm not pretending to have any answers.  All I'm saying is that there HAS to be a rethinking by consumers about how we VALUE single-player games.  Right now, sadly, it seems that the industry is on a course where service games will dominate and AAA single-player games will shrink substantially.  Of course they won't go away.  But it sucks that very soon we might have a market that sees a handful of them a year when last gen, we saw far more of them.

It's generational, though.  And I'm not so naive to think MY actions will change anything, nor will yours.  The market is deciding the fate of the single-player game, and it's telling us -- we don't want them too bad.

That's too bad.  I'll keep supporting them.  But I don't support any digital DLC or microtransactions.  I don't support any measure by companies to take away ownership of the games we buy.  

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#344 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

If you don't have any new deals; don't post this crap and make me check the thread again.

#345 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2390 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

If you don't have any new deals; don't post this crap and make me check the thread again.

Hey, come on - all the deals are out already - at least until BF hits, we gotta keep ourselves entertained/occupied.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#346 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

post deals not your blogs lol

#347 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2390 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

post deals not your blogs lol

Yeah - sorry - carried away on this topic.  I'm like Ethan from the Player One podcast and his hour-long talks on uncapped spending.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#348 tonyvx  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

Low key bragging about having a black friend

#349 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:22 AM

How likely is it that I'll be able to snag one of those Dell Inspiron laptops with the 128GB SSD and the Nvidia 1050TI at that $700 BF price? I'll be working everyday of the sale, so I'm guessing online is my only chance.

I'm finally ready to let go of this 8-year-old flaming bag of Samsung dog doodie that can no longer impersonate a laptop.

prayin for shipping confirmation

#350 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

Oh dear God. 1 week to go and everyone's losing their minds..

#351 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

Where’s the ad Gamestop?

#352 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

Where’s the ad Gamestop?

GameStop canceled their ad for Thanksgiving. They’re just going to list games for ridiculously low prices and cancel the orders afterwards.

Wasn’t GameStop usually the first ad to leak? Maybe Pro Day really held it up. Hopefully it comes out tomorrow with the weekly ad.
bleedingwicked.png

#353 morbitrius   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

morbitrius

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

I just got an email from Best Buy saying that there will be early access for Elite/Elite Plus members starting on November 20th for "select doorbusters and deals." It doesn't say what time the sales start, but I think this falls in line with when this happened last year. 

#354 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

no, dont you get it?

genius

Does he pay 5 men? Who the hell at Best Buy makes 56k?!

#355 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

I just got an email from Best Buy saying that there will be early access for Elite/Elite Plus members starting on November 20th for "select doorbusters and deals." It doesn't say what time the sales start, but I think this falls in line with when this happened last year.

Ugh I’m $54 dollars away from being Elite this year, so close!

#356 psxndc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

Does anyone have any insight since the ad was released as to what the deal is going to be on Astro headphones? It says "up to 25%" but that could be 25% off the A10s and 10% off the A40s (what I'm interested in).

Also wondering if there is some some of "buy now and bring back to the store to price match later" approach I could wrangle now so I'm not fighting for inventory.

#357 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Does anyone have any insight since the ad was released as to what the deal is going to be on Astro headphones? It says "up to 25%" but that could be 25% off the A10s and 10% off the A40s (what I'm interested in).

Also wondering if there is some some of "buy now and bring back to the store to price match later" approach I could wrangle now so I'm not fighting for inventory.

Yes
Posted Image

#358 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

bLqB9OM.jpg

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#359 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

bLqB9OM.jpg
:o I want to see Ferrari Racer's version of this.

#360 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2697 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

I still have the a50s I bought awhile ago. I never do use them. Supposed to be really good from what I heard. That was a waste of money on my part. I guess I’ll have them if I ever decide to play online.
bleedingwicked.png