* * * * - 10 votes

Best Buy Black Friday 2017

#991 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

The ad lists up to 50% off Logitech G series. I'm thinking about ordering now. I'm just wondering if I should wait to see if they are reduced more Thursday. I didn't see any early access discounts.

#992 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3515 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

Got my Sony 65 inch 900E tonight!& woot woot!!

Tastes like chicken.

#993 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   972 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for all of the tv talk guys. Saved the links and wil read them in a bit. We tend to keep TVs for awhile. We have 5 in our house. The one I’m replacing is a 42in LG in the rec room, we’ve had for about 9 years. This is the tv that most of the game consoles are on and where most movies/shows are watched.

The Dolby Vision thing doesn’t need really bother me. From my understanding it’s only used in some movies. All games use Hdr10. We usually just stream movies so I don’t think I’ll be needing a 4K Blu-ray player.

Also I should have noted, I’m looking at the 55in Sony, not the 65in. The 65in does seem really close in price to the OLED TVs.

The Sony is the best in this case. I personally would recommended the OLED if you plan to keep them a while.

But what I love about Sony TVs are their image processors. If you have a lot of older media it up scales then very well.

I’m hoping I can get the Sony OLED when it comes down in price
Posted Image

#994 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

Of course Best Buy sends my $4 movie via UPS which requires a signature and my 4 games via USPS which has been unreliable lately.

Killbomb.png

#995 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6528 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5872507

This Dell Inspirion 15 laptop is $700 and you can get a free HP - Mixed Reality VR Headset

https://www.bestbuy....at1508360820384

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#996 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:43 AM

Looks like all early access did was allow Elites to buy out all the good stuff.

#997 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   972 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:49 AM

Here’s what horizon looks like on my TCL for those curious
Posted Image

#998 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2428 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:54 AM

Well, I don't see what BBY did any differently this year compared to any other year.  Good prices, and the lowest around for 4K UHDs.  Don't see anything BBY is doing this year that is somehow worse.  So they don't have an obscure JRPG and suddenly their preview was "so bad."  They easily have some of the best prices around on 4K UHD, external hard-drives, and even chromebooks.

Agree with MoCiWe - don't see how anything this year was any worse than years' past.  Pretty much comparable with some exceptionally solid deals.  Dranakin - so BBY doesn't have a niche strategy JPRG on sale which means their sale preview is "so bad?"  Okay ... :roll:

Wow.

Why are you so offended on where I choose to spend my money that you had to quote and reply to me twice? Or can you not possibly comprehend how a sale can be completely subjective based on what one is looking for?

So yeah, let's talk about the early access sale and about the BF prices themselves, since that's what the early access is based on.

Disgaea may be a niche title relative to the likes of CoD, but there are many others in this thread talking about it. No one is being entitled when they're just expressing their disappointment at it not being part of the early access. It was my personal number one this BF (again, because you don't seem to understand that sales are subjective).

Mad Max UHD didn't go on sale.
Watchmen UHD didn't go on sale.
Guess those movies are niche too.

As for the BF prices themselves, Mario + Rabbids, Injustice 2, Rayman Legends Switch, Resident Evil VII, Watch Dogs 2, Forza Horizon 3, Destiny 2, FIFA 18, Street Fighter V, and The Last of Us Remastered could all be had for less elsewhere this BF (Rayman using GS credit and WD2 from GF being the stipulations). So no, I personally didn't benefit from the early access sale and as I said, I have no desire to earn Elite status again for this upcoming next year.

Not having the main things I was personally looking for at BB on sale as part of the early access and combined with the fact that their prices were being beat out by others anyway, that's why the early access was so bad to me. You mentioned external hard-drives and Chromebooks as being awesome deals, but again, that's subjective based on if you're in the market for those.

So please, take your condescending eye roll with you and get over yourself.

#999 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:59 AM

Got my Sony 65 inch 900E tonight!& woot woot!!

Got one coming too, high 5! For the same price I'd rather have 65 Sony LED than a 55in LG OLED. OLED's are nice for sure but they are not the end all of TV's for me at least. Maybe in 5 years I'll grab one when the 65's are cheaper and can take advantage of full 12bit colors and  higher NITS for DV. HDR10 will be just fine for now. 

#1000 3rdbass   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:11 AM

Here’s what horizon looks like on my TCL for those curious

Did you forget something? LOL!

#1001 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:20 AM

giphy.gif

#1002 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6528 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:42 AM

UDZBgRF.jpg

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#1003 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2333 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:12 AM

Wow.

Why are you so offended on where I choose to spend my money that you had to quote and reply to me twice? Or can you not possibly comprehend how a sale can be completely subjective based on what one is looking for?

So yeah, let's talk about the early access sale and about the BF prices themselves, since that's what the early access is based on.

Disgaea may be a niche title relative to the likes of CoD, but there are many others in this thread talking about it. No one is being entitled when they're just expressing their disappointment at it not being part of the early access. It was my personal number one this BF (again, because you don't seem to understand that sales are subjective).

Mad Max UHD didn't go on sale.
Watchmen UHD didn't go on sale.
Guess those movies are niche too.

As for the BF prices themselves, Mario + Rabbids, Injustice 2, Rayman Legends Switch, Resident Evil VII, Watch Dogs 2, Forza Horizon 3, Destiny 2, FIFA 18, Street Fighter V, and The Last of Us Remastered could all be had for less elsewhere this BF (Rayman using GS credit and WD2 from GF being the stipulations). So no, I personally didn't benefit from the early access sale and as I said, I have no desire to earn Elite status again for this upcoming next year.

Not having the main things I was personally looking for at BB on sale as part of the early access and combined with the fact that their prices were being beat out by others anyway, that's why the early access was so bad to me. You mentioned external hard-drives and Chromebooks as being awesome deals, but again, that's subjective based on if you're in the market for those.

So please, take your condescending eye roll with you and get over yourself.

Yikes, calm down chief. An essay when all I said was overall it wasn't that bad. You're the one who declared the whole early access as being "so bad" merely because BBY didn't have one item you wanted.

Let's agree to disagree. Objectively, I think BBY sale was just as good as anyone else. It's not like I"m buying all that stuff. I just mean overall ... Geesh.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#1004 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   972 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

Damn  it@ Excuse my leg and potato quality photo. But it's definitely better in person.DM7OTqN.jpg

Posted Image

#1005 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2333 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:59 AM

Damn it@ Excuse my leg and potato quality photo. But it's definitely better in person.DM7OTqN.jpg

Noice! As Peralta and co would say in my favorite show. :)

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#1006 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

My biggest concern with getting that TV coming from plasma is the light bleedie look that content with majority black screens has. Albeit I’m staying in a hotel right now, and on their TVs watching the Addams family was absolute gobshite . Can you take a pic of... say the Pick User screen when Netflix or amazon prime boots?

P.S. — No glitches yet this year?

#1007 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3546 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

Picture with some dude's leg in it

I honestly didn't expect anything out of Horizon, but it's a great game so far. 

Glad I don't have to play as the little girl anymore. She looked like a fucking Garbage Pail Kid

#1008 Deathdenial   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Deathdenial

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:12 AM

Anyone know how to circumvent the auto-canceled order on BB Site? It is cancelling any and all order I make... :bomb:

#1009 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

I'm also at a loss as to whether I should get TCL S405 ($360) or the Samsung MU7000 ($550). Both are 4K HDR enabled. I'm looking at 49" models as I don't need anything too big and there's just no room in my room.

Leaning towards the TCL since they don't seem that different yet the pricing difference is still rather significant. I'll primarily be using it to game on my PS4 Pro.

I personally went with the MU7000 40". I had some space constraints and it worked out well. Last I checked it's down to $499 (I'll be checking to see if I can get a price guarantee refund) on the app. I also had them do an amazon price match so you may want to double check that as well.

#1010 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   984 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

Anyone know how to circumvent the auto-canceled order on BB Site? It is cancelling any and all order I make... :bomb:

Did you make too many orders (like 5 or so) in a short period of time? If so, I think the timeframe is 24 hours before you can order again without the auto-cancel.

#1011 psxndc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

I had to connect to 3 different customer support agents before I was able to get the Disgaea 5 deal. The first one got disconnected, the second one refused to honor the deal no matter how much proof I showed him, and the third agent was very helpful and honored the price without any hesitation. So if anyone is really adamant about getting the deal, persistence is key. Just remember to be nice :)

How did this work? Did you buy it first and then call customer service to get the price dropped or did you call in and they offer it to you before buying?

#1012 BanditThief   King Of Thieves! CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

BanditThief

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

uh oh you banned from bestbuy.com LOL!

#1013 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

Anyone know what time the deals go live on the bestbuy.com site?

#1014 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3515 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:23 PM

Anyone know what time the deals go live on the bestbuy.com site?

site should crash around midnight central.

Tastes like chicken.

#1015 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

How did this work? Did you buy it first and then call customer service to get the price dropped or did you call in and they offer it to you before buying?

For me, I contacted CS through the website chat option. Told them about the bf ad and then they put an order at $20 for me.

#1016 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

A few tips:

1) Keep your order totals at 5 (pending). Any more than that and they'll auto cancel. You can re-order once they've been delivered... at least in past experience.

2) Keep total cart to 15 items or less. Anymore and it will auto-cancel.

3) If all else fails, your billing address has been suspended/banned. Proceed to kill thyself.

Hope this helps!

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#1017 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3264 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Was that guy even wearing pants?! CAG is turning into a madhouse. Everyone is voracious for these deals.. Omfg.. I can't get any sleep until Tuesday. I have to stay on the disgaea 5 page and refresh nonstop until it's 19.99 and in stock. I won't miss this. Who even cares about turkey?!

#1018 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

Was that guy even wearing pants?! CAG is turning into a madhouse. Everyone is voracious for these deals.. Omfg.. I can't get any sleep until Tuesday. I have to stay on the disgaea 5 page and refresh nonstop until it's 19.99 and in stock. I won't miss this. Who even cares about turkey?!

I've never seen such madness for a game. This "Disgaea" game is fun, no?

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#1019 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   945 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

Does GCU work on Black Friday?
Posted Image

#1020 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3264 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

I've never seen such madness for a game. This "Disgaea" game is fun, no?

You have to be into tactical rpgs. The disgaea games have ridiculous storylines and dialogue. It's pure retarded comedy which can turn some people off. You have to be the type of person who enjoys grinding, retraining, maxing out items and fighting a slew of special mission bosses with insane stats. I don't really see the appeal at all if people are buying it just to play through the campaign. Disgaea is all about the hidden mechanics and the metagame.