* * * * - 10 votes

Best Buy Black Friday 2017

#241 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3514 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

In for the 8 TB portable HD. Best deal in the ad IMO.

Tastes like chicken.

#242 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Has there been any news why the Xbox logos on the one S and the controllers have a blue light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#243 srocky26  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

I saw a few people ask about getting the 8TB in store. I went in today and the store was sold out. I had a guy check on the computer and he said all stores in this district were sold out and there weren’t any in the distribution centers.

Currently playing:   :vita: DanganRonpa, :ps4: Uncharted Collection, :xb1: The Division

Recently platinumed: :ps4: Witcher 3 :vita: Tales of Hearts R :ps3: Tales of Xilla, Tales of Xillia 2,  :vita: Persona 4 Golden,  :vita: Steins;Gate, :vita: Odin Sphere

#244 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

I saw a few people ask about getting the 8TB in store. I went in today and the store was sold out. I had a guy check on the computer and he said all stores in this district were sold out and there weren’t any in the distribution centers.

Is that the 8TB Western Digital drive for 129? Yeah its sold out everywhere apparently..I wanted to get it for my XBOX ONE X but Ive been reading that the drive is super noisy so not even sure I even want it

#245 Keithj101  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

Is the Switch system going to be on sale anywhere or bundled with a game???  Or am I just better off buying now before the holiday shopping insanity?

#246 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2333 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:23 AM

Is the Switch system going to be on sale anywhere or bundled with a game???  Or am I just better off buying now before the holiday shopping insanity?

Won't be on sale anywhere.  If bundled, it'll be at MSRP, or whatever they throw in will be pointless/not worth it.  If you really want it, then buy it now and save the head/heartache.

Me?  Waiting til at least next holiday when the system WILL have discounted deals.  In zero hurry for the Switch.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#247 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2333 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

BB will stock them by the early access to members, and hold some more for the general BF day.  No way did they sell through their inventory when it is an advertised deal.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#248 srocky26  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:28 AM

BB will stock them by the early access to members, and hold some more for the general BF day. No way did they sell through their inventory when it is an advertised deal.

Obviously. I, and others, wanted to pick one up now. There were quite a few posts asking if they were available in store and no one had an answer.

Currently playing:   :vita: DanganRonpa, :ps4: Uncharted Collection, :xb1: The Division

Recently platinumed: :ps4: Witcher 3 :vita: Tales of Hearts R :ps3: Tales of Xilla, Tales of Xillia 2,  :vita: Persona 4 Golden,  :vita: Steins;Gate, :vita: Odin Sphere

#249 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2333 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:32 AM

I was just poking fun at the guy who recommended that someone sell their PC and get a Switch. I agree that the Switch has several games that are great, but anyone who really loves gaming--as opposed to just really loving Nintendo--would have a gaping hole in the their catalog (and their heart) if they just owned a Switch. I'm assuming that other guy was just kidding too, but selling a PC and getting a Switch is basically the equivalent of a car enthusiast selling his collection of classic cars for a Prius (not that there's anything wrong with a Prius--they've very practical).

Agreed.  The Switch is a SECOND device for gamers at all interested in making sure they can play the latest and greatest from anyone other than Nintendo.  This, of course, happens to also be the most serious problem for the machine.  The fact is the people who are buying are largely already in possession of a PS4 or Xbox One, meaning most are getting it for Nintendo's games.  That doesn't do much for all the other publishers, which is exactly what led to the scintilla of quality software on the Wii, the death of the Wii U, and ... well, maybe a similar tune for the Switch?  We'll see in a year or so.  It's not good that EA has come out and said it'll reserve judgment.  No system has survived without EA support, whether love em or hate em.

My Wii U is 90% Nintendo games.  I cared nothing for the 3rd parties on that machine.  That's the only reason I'd buy a Switch.  How does that work out for anyone else?  It doesn't.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#250 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4502 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

I wonder if the Friday Doorbusters will work on Brown Thursday...I'd get COD just to play the story for $40 since they rarely dip below that. Definitely in for Wolfenstein 2, maybe any Switch titles I don't have, but buying like 3 games on 11/17 for it already!

Just went to a BBY tonight and BF prep is already in full effect, the hundreds of TVs taking up the aisles, everything shifted around, a lot of j-u-n-k everywhere...love it!

#251 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13064 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

I really wish Nintendo would concede the way M$ is looking to in the coming years. The fact of the matter is if they went multiplatform, their hardware would get crushed because nobody has been asking for what they keep dreaming up over and over again. Then again, they have absolutely alienated me over the years now and I have no desire to play anything they put out other than old systems with classic games.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#252 srocky26  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:02 AM

I really wish Nintendo would concede the way M$ is looking to in the coming years. The fact of the matter is if they went multiplatform, their hardware would get crushed because nobody has been asking for what they keep dreaming up over and over again. Then again, they have absolutely alienated me over the years now and I have no desire to play anything they put out other than old systems with classic games.

There’s so much wrong with this post. I don’t even know where to begin.

#253 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:32 AM

Might buy Horizon at GS tomorrow, think I have a $5 gift card, and didn't realize the BB started their deals already. Do they work in store? I can swing by after work tomorrow.

Otherwise, any chance Walmart price matches on Black Friday? I'm eyeing Wolfy 2 and Nier mostly, but maybe a few others. Since GCU doesn't work then, and I doubt the prices on those will get any better, so not sure I want to drive all the way out to BB on Black Friday since, when I'm not at work the closest one to me is like 40 minutes away.

#254 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:37 AM

Agreed.  The Switch is a SECOND device for gamers at all interested in making sure they can play the latest and greatest from anyone other than Nintendo.  This, of course, happens to also be the most serious problem for the machine.  The fact is the people who are buying are largely already in possession of a PS4 or Xbox One, meaning most are getting it for Nintendo's games.  That doesn't do much for all the other publishers, which is exactly what led to the scintilla of quality software on the Wii, the death of the Wii U, and ... well, maybe a similar tune for the Switch?  We'll see in a year or so.  It's not good that EA has come out and said it'll reserve judgment.  No system has survived without EA support, whether love em or hate em.

My Wii U is 90% Nintendo games.  I cared nothing for the 3rd parties on that machine.  That's the only reason I'd buy a Switch.  How does that work out for anyone else?  It doesn't.

I have a Switch but I can guarantee I will never buy a non-exclusive game for it. No achievements, inferior hardware and I don't give a damn about the console's only advantage to some...portability.

Killbomb.png

#255 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:45 AM

Any chance of finding the 8 tb wd drive in store or am i screwed?

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#256 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:54 AM

Any chance of finding the 8 tb wd drive in store or am i screwed?

Maybe day of, but seems like that's the hottest seller. I need to be more on top of these things, that's a ton of space.

#257 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3264 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

Can someone buy me a switch?

#258 mr.Dobalina   Minimalist gamer CAGiversary!   936 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

mr.Dobalina

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:49 AM

I wish I could just find a dang VITA to buy. I had one from a Black Friday a couple years back and stupidly sold it off. Now with a two year old...I would love to have one. Can’t get a new one anywhere.

<p>Currently playing: ​ :ps4: Nothing  :ps3: Nothing

#259 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2428 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

I have a Switch but I can guarantee I will never buy a non-exclusive game for it. No achievements, inferior hardware and I don't give a damn about the console's only advantage to some...portability.

I find that interesting that people feel that way about the Switch (you're not alone: http://nintendoenthu...d-portable-mode). Personally, I plan on NEVER playing in docked mode. I'm going to treat mine like my Vita or 3DS, where I put in more hours on either than on my PS4 or Xbox One combined. I hate mobile gaming (no games on my iPhone at all), but I love portable gaming.

#260 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

This is correct. Much like U2 is a great band for people who really aren't that into music, the Switch is a great console for people who really aren't that into gaming.

Lol at determining what bands are for people "not into music"

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#261 semmelweis  

semmelweis

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:01 AM

Anybody thinking about getting the Logitech g900?

#262 usickenme   I'm the a-hole CAGiversary!   2556 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

usickenme

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:05 AM

Classic forum hubris..."because I think a certain way then everyone does!",  

I think you are in the minority.... Non-exclusive indies are selling best (by far) on Switch.  Plus portability is attracting interest in other games. Skyrim will sell great on Switch. 

#263 3rdbass   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:32 AM

I wish I could just find a dang VITA to buy. I had one from a Black Friday a couple years back and stupidly sold it off. Now with a two year old...I would love to have one. Can’t get a new one anywhere.

Why don't you just buy it on Amazon brand new?

https://www.amazon.c...ation+vita&th=1

#264 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

Lol at determining what bands are for people "not into music"

Found the U2 fan.

pitfall_harry219.png

#265 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

Anyone who doesn't care for the Switch's portability was never stuck on an airplane for 15+ hours.

#266 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Anyone who doesn't care for the Switch's portability was never stuck on a Toilet for 15+ hours.

There was a typo, I fixed it.

#267 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

Anyone who doesn't care for the Switch's portability was never stuck on an airplane for 15+ hours.

I was, about 6 months ago, didn't care.

Slept, watched couple of movies and listened to damm good music, and of course had plenty of food.

#268 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

i have a switch with 2 pro controllers and mario odyssey brand new is it worth playing or not really if i have a pc?

You could sell it to me for $200 :)

#269 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

I was, about 6 months ago, didn't care.

Slept, watched couple of movies and listened to damm good music, and of course had plenty of food.

Well, perhaps if you'd played something other than Just Dance.

#270 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

Sucks that GCU can't be used but what about certificates? I got about $50 worth that I was planning to use this week but might hold off until Black Friday.