- - - - -

GTX 1080 stutters - faulty?!

gtx1080 pc issue stutter lag

#31 roguelvlup  

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Yep, this was ongoing problem that was never truly fixed.
I would try downloading the Fall Creators update manually and update your graphic card drivers to the newest version if you've haven't yet.

Seems far more stable now that I've done the update

Downloading it now, since it says I didn't have the latest Win version installed.

Also, yea I have the latest nvidia driver, and I read lots of complaints about it on forums. Someone suggested to uninstall the driver, and install an older one.

Also, I checked Watch Dogs 2 again, didn't really get stutters, but fps was still between 45-50 on ultra. Sometimes I even had 75. But that's with 0% extra details, just plain ultra settings.

#32 roguelvlup  

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

Yep, this was ongoing problem that was never truly fixed.
I would try downloading the Fall Creators update manually and update your graphic card drivers to the newest version if you've haven't yet.

Seems far more stable now that I've done the update

Played like 2 hours of OW, first hour was okay. Then I had some FPS drops to 45.... Is this a CPU bottleneck then? I really hope I didn't pay 500$ to get lag the first days already. Can't even imagine what's going to happen after 3 years.

#33 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:52 AM

What is your cpu usage looking like while this happens? It quite possibly is a bottleneck. Friend of mine returned his 1080 because he had the same proc as you and it couldn't keep up with the card and was doing the same thing

#34 BIGTom-  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Driver 388.31 released. Try it

FIXED:
Micro-stuttering occurs in games when GPU monitoring tools are monitoring GPU power (“Power” monitoring enabled).