* - - - - 5 votes

Walmart Black Friday 2017

#121 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:13 AM

So going in at 9am is far from a guarantee then.

With that being the case, to re-interate my original question, would it be prudent to put the games I want on layaway now and then go to customer service and cancel/buy them once the BF prices are assured to work in ensure I get a copy?

No, as there's a $10 cancellation fee.

pitfall_harry219.png

#122 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1441 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:17 AM

It's still a dumb question. Nobody could possibly know the answer to that.

that dumb question got multiple answers from posters giving information on what worked and didn’t work last year, giving insight into how to plan for this year.

It’s like people didn’t know the answer but we are more options/information on how we could buy games early. It’s like, we worked together to at least prepare ourselves through,... discussion.

But yo it’s a dumb question I’m dumb lol what was I thinking lol

#123 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2295 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

that dumb question got multiple answers from posters giving information on what worked and didn’t work last year, giving insight into how to plan for this year.

It’s like people didn’t know the answer but we are more options/information on how we could buy games early. It’s like, we worked together to at least prepare ourselves through,... discussion.

But yo it’s a dumb question I’m dumb lol what was I thinking lol

Okie - I'll humor all these "good-natured" folk who can't seem to use Google or have any common sense (the latter here we know few in this country have).

All Walmarts this year should have in place an updated POS system that will notify the cashier that the sale price a BF price and NOT to sell it until BF prices are to be effective.   That's what was being test run last year at most stores, and I understand will be implemented across the board this year.

So -- good luck trying to overrun that.  May be you get lucky -- or well, get an indifferent cashier (though I believe you need a mgr to override that notice until the right time for the POS kicks in) -- have fun trying to deceive people for a <$50 video game!  If your integrity tries to stop you, just kick it a few times until it stops moving.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#124 WizardofPeace  

WizardofPeace

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

I'm not sure why people want to go to the store anyway. You can pretty much buy all the games online for the same price and at the comfort at your own home. 

#125 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

I'm not sure why people want to go to the store anyway. You can pretty much buy all the games online for the same price and at the comfort at your own home. 

Just like the SNES Classic!

#126 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1441 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:26 PM

Okie - I'll humor all these "good-natured" folk who can't seem to use Google or have any common sense (the latter here we know few in this country have).

All Walmarts this year should have in place an updated POS system that will notify the cashier that the sale price a BF price and NOT to sell it until BF prices are to be effective.   That's what was being test run last year at most stores, and I understand will be implemented across the board this year.

So -- good luck trying to overrun that.  May be you get lucky -- or well, get an indifferent cashier (though I believe you need a mgr to override that notice until the right time for the POS kicks in) -- have fun trying to deceive people for a <$50 video game!  If your integrity tries to stop you, just kick it a few times until it stops moving.

Lol that’s a strong reaction to an internet comment. How are you going to question the integrity of people like Roy Moore/Kevin Spacey now that you wasted your “kick it a few times” comment on a stranger talking about video game sales? Lol.

Seems unhealthy to respond so strongly to people just exchanging anecdotes about WalMarts POS and past Black Fridays

#127 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

Anyone with the Samsung Galaxy S7? How is it with taking videos and pics?

Good sale in the ad. I'm looking at some reviews about the rear camera problems.

I would like to screen record the tv while gaming and told at least an 8mp cam will do. Record all the sounds of the controller sticks and buttons with gameplay. 4k tv with an x360.

#128 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7974 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:06 PM

Anyone with the Samsung Galaxy S7? How is it with taking videos and pics?

Good sale in the ad. I'm looking at some reviews about the rear camera problems.

I would like to screen record the tv while gaming and told at least an 8mp cam will do. Record all the sounds of the controller sticks and buttons with gameplay. 4k tv with an x360.

Never taken videos but the pictures come out pretty clear and I've used both the rear and the front ones. It is a decent phone. Have the S7 Edge.

#129 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2295 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

Lol that’s a strong reaction to an internet comment. How are you going to question the integrity of people like Roy Moore/Kevin Spacey now that you wasted your “kick it a few times” comment on a stranger talking about video game sales? Lol.

Seems unhealthy to respond so strongly to people just exchanging anecdotes about WalMarts POS and past Black Fridays

Go strong or don't bother ... Or something like that.

Unhealthy? Probably. But then so much of life is.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#130 WizardofPeace  

WizardofPeace

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

Just like the SNES Classic!

Hey, I did get mine online and for free so...

#131 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

I know walmart won't price match competitors on BF, but does anyone think they'll do a price adjustment for something bought in their store? Like say, buy a game on the 22nd then come in BF to get the difference back in refund.

#132 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5528 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

I know walmart won't price match competitors on BF, but does anyone think they'll do a price adjustment for something bought in their store? Like say, buy a game on the 22nd then come in BF to get the difference back in refund.

Nope.  They shut down customer service on BF to prevent exactly this kind of pre-discount hoarding.

#133 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2295 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:28 AM

Again - THINK about what you're asking.  Of course they wouldn't let you do it.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#134 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

Never taken videos but the pictures come out pretty clear and I've used both the rear and the front ones. It is a decent phone. Have the S7 Edge.

Pics are good. I like the 12mp camera. Looks like there are minor differences between the two. Slight Edge advantage for screen size and battery.

If you get the chance, would you mind taking some video of a tv?

#135 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2397 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:24 AM

Some items are slowly going live...

#136 TheGuido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:37 AM

Wtf...spider man blu showing 9.96 instead of $7

#137 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

Sweet got Mario vs Rabbids for 29, that’s one place I do not want to go on BF.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”
He who throws dirt loses ground.

#138 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:40 AM

Still no updated price on The Fractured But Whole... gonna add it to my Best Buy cart and pay the extra few bucks, if it doesn't update in the next few minutes.

#139 TimesBlood  

TimesBlood

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:48 AM

Mario + Rabbids just went OOS, as i was adding it to my cart. guess ill check in stores late friday afternoon

#140 M_A_C   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:51 AM

Mario + Rabbids just went OOS, as i was adding it to my cart. guess ill check in stores late friday afternoon

yeah I wanted to get that one and it was OOS.

#141 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2397 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:51 AM

Are you sure? I just added it to my cart and was able to place the order. $29 listing sold by Walmart.

#142 Denzel  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

I missed the rabbits deal ffs

#143 spideymike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2763 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:06 AM

I ordered Breath of the Wild Explorer's Edition. Not sure why the Blu Ray prices aren't up to date yet. 

:beer:

#144 Weagle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:19 AM

AC Origins finally showing $29 on item page.  (for Xbox One)

Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts.

#145 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:29 AM

ACO PS4 please.

Final Fantasy XV is the most disappointing game ever made.

#146 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:36 AM

Thanks, was thinking it would sell out while I tried to find a filler to get free shipping but got a copy.

#147 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:43 AM

Still waiting for the PS4 version to drop. Stuck at $59...

#148 Wasted Renegade   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wasted Renegade

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

If I do pick up it says "available Dec. 1" anyone know the likelihood of pick up being available on Friday.

Or am I forced to wait?

#149 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

NBA 2k18 Switch oos, anyone know the sku number to check store stock on brickseek. Not sure if I want to chance it being sold in stores early in the morning before the rush hits.

#150 Tinmanofsteel1   Banana CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Tinmanofsteel1

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:54 AM

Assassin's Creed Origins PS4 still not live at Walmart