* * * - - 5 votes

Best Buy Ad 11/19-11/22: PS4 1TB or PSVR $199.99 each

#91 KilKarazy  

KilKarazy

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

We all know MS and is just keeping it around to sell off to Amazon or Apple. No first party loss leaders, quickly drying up Japanese games ... I want Xbox to be relevant again ... Best route now may be to just hand it over to a different company.

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Xbox and PS4 are much closer in the states. PS4 has a 1-2 million lead, hardly any reason to throw in the towel.

#92 Ibacai  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Xbox and PS4 are much closer in the states. PS4 has a 1-2 million lead, hardly any reason to throw in the towel.

Where is everyone getting sales figures from?

#93 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

I have been thinking about the VR but its better to pay the extra $100 and you get the new model, the camera and GT Sports. Seems like a better deal imo.

The GT Sport bundle is still the old headset. Only the Skyrim one that came out today and probably the upcoming Doom bundle have the new one.

Where is everyone getting sales figures from?

I don't know about official numbers but it's usually a pretty even split when multiplatform games are shipped to my store. It's not like they send a 100 PS4 copies and 50 Xbox which is what the worldwide numbers would lead you to believe.

#94 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

Midnight Central time aka 1am Eastern.

Thanks for confirming!

The GT Sport bundle is still the old headset. Only the Skyrim one that came out today and probably the upcoming Doom bundle have the new one.

I don't know about official numbers but it's usually a pretty even split when multiplatform games are shipped to my store. It's not like they send a 100 PS4 copies and 50 Xbox which is what the worldwide numbers would lead you to believe.

I thought you were totally full of crap and did some research so I could provide a link in this thread, but you're right- PS4 has only sold 2.9 million more consoles than the XBO in North America!  It's way, way ahead globally, though (32.44 million more consoles)!

http://www.vgchartz....ls/Hardware/NA/

Posted Image

#95 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

It definitely seems like the Xbox One X is going to help close that gap here in America. When the PS4 Pro came out it didn't even get a midnight launch and we sold less than 10 of them in the first week. The One X has only been out 10 days and we've already sold nearly 100 of them.

#96 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

So if the VR bundle doesn’t come with ps move controllers, it’s incomplete? Or can you use a DualShock 4 controller?

Let's be friends!

XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous
PSN ID: ijustw1n

#97 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

So if the VR bundle doesn’t come with ps move controllers, it’s incomplete? Or can you use a DualShock 4 controller?

A majority of the games work fine with a DualShock. The headset-only bundle is meant for people who already had the camera and/or preferred not to get the move controllers.

#98 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Anyone know if Target is going to have regular supply on PSVR for BF? Or is it a doorbuster.

It’s only $10 but I’d rather pay $190 instead of $200 but I’m worried about supply at Target.

#99 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

I have been thinking about the VR but its better to pay the extra $100 and you get the new model, the camera and GT Sports. Seems like a better deal imo.

I already own the camera, so paying $100 for GT sport is unappealing, especially since I likely won’t get GT Sport - unless it’s lkke $20.

#100 DeGarmo2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

DeGarmo2

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

As Tyrok said, it’s not really required for most games. It might give a better experience for some games but I’m skipping them cause $75-100 isn’t worth the slight improvement in gameplay.

#101 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1283 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

i'm considering the $200 VR set, just need some things clarified for me

it doesn't come with the move controllers, and the move controllers aren't really needed but they can improve game play?

it doesn't come with the camera, so the camera has to be bought separately as it can't be used without it right? 

is it really worth it to buy this incomplete set if the camera is needed and the move controllers improve game play?

people have complained that it takes a while to set up VR, how long does it actually take to set it up?

thanks

#102 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

A majority of the games work fine with a DualShock. The headset-only bundle is meant for people who already had the camera and/or preferred not to get the move controllers.

Or those how have the Move controllers collecting dust from PS3.. I wish they also add support for my dust collecting Navigators and Sharpshooters

i'm considering the $200 VR set, just need some things clarified for me

it doesn't come with the move controllers, and the move controllers aren't really needed but they can improve game play?

it doesn't come with the camera, so the camera has to be bought separately as it can't be used without it right? 

is it really worth it to buy this incomplete set if the camera is needed and the move controllers improve game play?

people have complained that it takes a while to set up VR, how long does it actually take to set it up?

thanks

Some games do REQUIRE move controllers, especially those simulating 2 hands like Job Simulator.

You NEED PS4 camera, either v1 (square) or v2 (round). It's now $40 on Target online (pictures show v1, but it's v2)

You can get PS4 camera alone, used or new, which might end up less or about that bundle price.

​You can get used PS3 Move Controllers cheaper or only later if you need them, it used to be dirt cheap but raised because of PSVR.

It doesn't take much time to setup VR if you have easy access to change HDMI cables of PS4 and TV , just quite a lot of cables to tangle with.  After that you can leave them there but find some way to put the headset and its long cable.

I spent more time because I have an amplifier and PS4 in a TV stand cabinet, painful to pulled them out, had cables going thru holes and reconnected them.

#103 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   550 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

Are the PSVRs in stores right now the v2 model or the v1? I want to pick one up Sunday morning.

774462.png

#104 hiamiyumi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1363 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:09 AM

Are the PSVRs in stores right now the v2 model or the v1? I want to pick one up Sunday morning.

Version 1 model. 

#105 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11235 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:04 AM

The PS4 is up a million this year alone on the Xbox One in the US. With the crazy PS4 deals on BF the X might not be able to help make a dent at all.

Also, my store always get s alot more copies of games for PS4 than Xbox One so probably more of a regional thing.

Deader2818.png

#106 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

The PS4 is up a million this year alone on the Xbox One in the US. With the crazy PS4 deals on BF the X might not be able to help make a dent at all.

Also, my store always get s alot more copies of games for PS4 than Xbox One so probably more of a regional thing.

As a corporation, Microsoft's internal cooperation is a mess. (they could have helped windows mobile if they tied Xbox live better into the device and good exclusive first party games)

They are heavily advertising their MR headsets this holiday, but relying on steam driver support for existing games rather than some first party killer. The headsets are also supposed to work with Xbox One X, but they couldn't make anything out before holiday. If they could have a killer MR game, that could possibly make a dent on the PS4 and VR sale as people see there is other option

#107 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   550 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

Version 1 model.

Dang. I was going for V2, but I won’t complain at $200. Thanks!

774462.png

#108 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

What’s with all this v1/v2 talk? They already updated the hardware or are you referencing bundling?

Let's be friends!

#109 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   550 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

What’s with all this v1/v2 talk? They already updated the hardware or are you referencing bundling?

There is a new iteration of PSVR. It allows HDR passthrough and has integrated earbuds.

https://www.google.c...on-t-block-hdr/

774462.png

#110 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

The Skyrim bundle is the only v2 that is out there in the wild.  The Doom bundle is also supposedly going to be v2.

#111 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

There is a new iteration of PSVR. It allows HDR passthrough and has integrated earbuds.

https://www.google.c...on-t-block-hdr/

Thanks for the info, had no idea.

Let's be friends!

#112 Pink_Floyd   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Pink_Floyd

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

What time does Best Buy update the site to reflect the AD prices on Sunday morning?

#113 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4873 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:40 AM

Any thoughts on PSVR v2 being worth the extra cost? Seems like a minimal upgrade outside of headphone convenience and HDR passthrough ... basically an update that streamlines those two issues but doesn't impact actual headset performance in games. Any reason to not pick up the older components on sale (ps camera is $39.99 @ Target, Move controllers are $78 @ Walmart, Skyrim VR is $47 @ BB w/ GCU, and the PSVR unit will be $199 a few places) over the Skyrim VR Bundle (Retailing for $450)?

I'm leaning towards picking up the separate pieces ... which also gives more flexibility for December and January price matches on individual components. But I'm open to thoughts if anyone thinks the newer headset is an absolute necessity. For what it's worth, I'm using this with an OG PS4 ... so not sure what to expect performance-wise anyway. Thoughts?

#114 HeyJoon  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:11 AM

Any thoughts on PSVR v2 being worth the extra cost? Seems like a minimal upgrade outside of headphone convenience and HDR passthrough ... basically an update that streamlines those two issues but doesn't impact actual headset performance in games. Any reason to not pick up the older components on sale (ps camera is $39.99 @ Target, Move controllers are $78 @ Walmart, Skyrim VR is $47 @ BB w/ GCU, and the PSVR unit will be $199 a few places) over the Skyrim VR Bundle (Retailing for $450)?

I'm leaning towards picking up the separate pieces ... which also gives more flexibility for December and January price matches on individual components. But I'm open to thoughts if anyone thinks the newer headset is an absolute necessity. For what it's worth, I'm using this with an OG PS4 ... so not sure what to expect performance-wise anyway. Thoughts?

Starting tomorrow the Skyrim bundle will be $349 for the next 8 days.

#115 schaft0620   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

schaft0620

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

I'm having the same thoughts but, don't forget ALL PSVR headsets are $100.

#116 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:28 AM

Starting tomorrow the Skyrim bundle will be $349 for the next 8 days.

That's what I'm hoping.  According to the ad it is just the headset going to $199 but I'm hoping all of them are going $100 off.  And yea I know what Sony said in their press release but it wasn't really clear about it.

#117 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4873 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

Good to know about the Skyrim bundle for $349 ... I was reading the Move controllers got a stealth update too. Anyone know if the Skyrim bundle has the new move controllers as well? Supposedly they use a different charging port and hold a slightly longer charge as well.

#118 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:34 AM

The Skyrim bundle has the new move controllers and is v2 of the headset.  Someone in the PSVR thread has it already and confirmed.

#119 schaft0620   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

schaft0620

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:53 AM

I just went to my local BB, they are ready stacks and stacks of boxes in the gaming section. All of the core headsets are the old model, all of the Sykrim bundles are the new one. I've never seen so much PS4 hardware in my life every color controller that hasn't been disco'ed cases and cases of VR, Pros and Slims out the wazoo. Sony is going to have a big holiday.

#120 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:06 AM

I just went to my local BB, they are ready stacks and stacks of boxes in the gaming section. All of the core headsets are the old model, all of the Sykrim bundles are the new one. I've never seen so much PS4 hardware in my life every color controller that hasn't been disco'ed cases and cases of VR, Pros and Slims out the wazoo. Sony is going to have a big holiday.

LOL Yeah I was saying this when I went in on Thursday to pick up some of the $10 PSVR games.  It looked like a damn Sony advertisement in there.  They had 40+ of the GT bundles, then a bunch of headsets and Farpoint bundles.  They also had stacks of PS4 Pro's like all over the place too.  This was before the Skyrim bundle was out so it's good to hear they have a bunch of those in store because on the website it doesn't even allow you to check store availability for it.

I'm going to be checking the website tonight and see if the Skyrim bundle price changes to $350 when the new ad comes out, if it even goes live at midnight.  Then if it does I'm going there at 11am and snagging one.