* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Black Friday 2017 Ad Scan

#481 Pixiloxx  

Pixiloxx

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

I gave up and cancelled my order.  Got what I wanted from Walmart and Amazon.

#482 Sonic Boom  

Sonic Boom

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

Last year when their website was slow and not working, in-store had a lot of problems with PUR not working. I hope they don't have the same problem this year.

#483 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

I'm trying to buy the ps4 1tb for a friend for his xmas gift and have them pick it up in store in their state, but couldn't get it to work last night and definitely not today.  The $50 GC is pointless if I have to go buy it myself and then pay to ship it when I can probably find it at one of the million other places offering it for $199 with free shipping.

#484 Am_I_Evil  

Am_I_Evil

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

I'm trying to buy the ps4 1tb for a friend for his xmas gift and have them pick it up in store in their state, but couldn't get it to work last night and definitely not today.  The $50 GC is pointless if I have to go buy it myself and then pay to ship it when I can probably find it at one of the million other places offering it for $199 with free shipping.

has gamestop ever had paid store pick-up? i know they normally offer a hold on items but i don't recall ever being able to purchase an item online at gamestop.com and pickup in store...

*i'm asking because they definitely might...i just honestly don't recall ever seeing/using the option....

#485 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

So I got email confirmation for one of my orders last night but its not showing up under my account. Money is still on the gift card as well. Does this mean it didnt go through? Fucking GS.

#486 DoctorZ  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

So I got email confirmation for one of my orders last night but its not showing up under my account. Money is still on the gift card as well. Does this mean it didnt go through? Fucking GS.

My order isn't showing up in my history either.

Hopefully I'm able to cancel my paypal payment over the phone with Gamestop if I manage to get everything within the store today.

#487 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

I guess you don't have a clue either.  

It's well known that they've been getting tons of store stock of PS4s for weeks. Do you think they're going to leave them in the fucking back room? Come on, man.

#488 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

has anyone tried using one of the cancelled order consolation $ off codes on black friday items? quote me and tell me how it goes, already lost 1 trying to get a psn card.

#489 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

has gamestop ever had paid store pick-up? i know they normally offer a hold on items but i don't recall ever being able to purchase an item online at gamestop.com and pickup in store...

*i'm asking because they definitely might...i just honestly don't recall ever seeing/using the option....

I guess I just assumed they did since they have the option (which always has a broken not working link) to check local availability.  If I could order online I would have them ship to him, but if I have to buy locally in Atlanta and ship to him, the $50 gc gets cancelled out for the most part.  

It just boggles my mind that it's not even black friday and they're already unavailable on their website.

#490 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

My order isn't showing up in my history either.

Hopefully I'm able to cancel my paypal payment over the phone with Gamestop if I manage to get everything within the store today.

Damn, i guess I can re-order but I'll use my $10 code.

#491 BrokeAssFool   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BrokeAssFool

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

has anyone tried using one of the cancelled order consolation $ off codes on black friday items? quote me and tell me how it goes, already lost 1 trying to get a psn card.

I used it early this morning. It took the 10 off and seemed okay. However the pending charge on my Paypal account is 10 more than it should be so it might be an issue. I did get the confirmation email from Gamestop showing the correct amount, but have no order in my order history. So who knows at this point.

#492 bigstew  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

Basically anything involving the site is fucked. I guess all work is being done to keep the stores working & the website is at the bottom of the priority.

Last year when their website was slow and not working, in-store had a lot of problems with PUR not working. I hope they don't have the same problem this year.

they have that problem for years with no intention but patch work to fix things, seems the stores are set to run both online and in store on servers based on regions, instead of more servers or some degree of separation, it will always continue, they going down the toyrus route of screwing up and never properly fixing their online leading to massive long term losses

depending it may be worth it, unless they are good workers, usually every time i have ordered that way, they have never seen the ticket to pull ur item or they saw it just didn;t get around to doing it yet

#493 BYONDSharp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

BYONDSharp

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

I’m getting nervous about my order last night.. confirmation email but nothing showing pending in my bank and no order history. Fiancé has a PayPal pending charge but no email or history...

#494 DoctorZ  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Damn, i guess I can re-order but I'll use my $10 code.

Where is everyone getting these $10 codes?

And I place my order at 10:00am, I have a confirm number and everything but it isn't showing up.

I'm just going go ahead and cancel after I come home from gamestop and call both GS and Paypal.

#495 avenger82  

avenger82

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

There's a Gamestop two blocks from my apartment that I'm considering going to when it opens at 4 to pick up the PS4 1TB model. Does anyone know if the $50 gift card is emailed even for in-store purchases, or will they give it to me at time of purchase? I really want to turn around and use it immediately on Uncharted, TLOU, and HZD but could see why Gamestop would email the card to prevent me from doing this haha

#496 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

Where is everyone getting these $10 codes?

And I place my order at 10:00am, I have a confirm number and everything but it isn't showing up.

I'm just going go ahead and cancel after I come home from gamestop and call both GS and Paypal.

They sent $10 codes to people for cancelling pro day orders. Let us know how calling in goes. My order is still ghosted on their site.

#497 DoctorZ  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

There's a Gamestop two blocks from my apartment that I'm considering going to when it opens at 4 to pick up the PS4 1TB model. Does anyone know if the $50 gift card is emailed even for in-store purchases, or will they give it to me at time of purchase? I really want to turn around and use it immediately on Uncharted, TLOU, and HZD but could see why Gamestop would email the card to prevent me from doing this haha

I was told it was loaded onto a gift card, I was given a gift card with my 130 credit balance on it and was told I can just get it loaded when I make the purchase. 

#498 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1675 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

Ordered PS4 + Gift Card last night before the site got hammered.  Got order confirmation showing PS4 and gift card, but still haven't received gift card.  Order history shows both items as "open", but it's bugging me no gift card yet since others got theirs.  Extra worried because last year I was -supposed- to get a Green Arrow Lego figure with my order, but it still remains open and customer service was absolutely no help at all.  Plan on going out later, but don't really want to leave early to go to Gamestop and I imagine it will sell out in stores quick.

#499 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

So the PlayStation Pro can't be ordered online at all? Keeps saying cart is empty.

#500 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

Managed to get Shadow of War with no issues  but Injustice 2 must've sold out really really quickly

#501 Omni99  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Managed to get Shadow of War with no issues  but Injustice 2 must've sold out really really quickly

Had it in my cart last night, site died, but at 7 am PST it was sold out for me. It was probably just before that time.

#502 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Was fourth in line at Gamestop. Got there an hour early. When doors opened, Jackass at the front of the line held up everyone else as he argued with the manager about buying 6 of the $150 xbox ones.

#503 trig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Was fourth in line at Gamestop. Got there an hour early. When doors opened, Jackass at the front of the line held up everyone else as he argued with the manager about buying 6 of the $150 xbox ones.

how many people are in line by the time you left? I'm still at work and will probably arrive at gamestop at around 5pm

#504 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

how many people are in line by the time you left? I'm still at work and will probably arrive at gamestop at around 5pm

I was 3rd in line. There was no one there at 2 pm. By 4 pm like 50 people. I got in and out. Had to make some substitutions due to available stock for B2G1.

#505 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

about 60. They only had two registers opened at first, then opened a third. None of the people running the registers acted like they had any pep in their step.

#506 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

I'm very proud of myself. I went to GS at 4 pm, ignored the hubbub about the 1 TB PS4, bought the last Steam Controller and a $10 Steam card, and got the hell out of there. The PS4 with $50 gift card was a great deal, but after spending some time playing Spelunky on the 500 gb PS4 that I bought two years ago this morning and looking at my bank account balance, I thought it best to leave one of those PS4s there for someone else. Happy with my purchase though! It was the only new Steam controller within a 10 mile radius. And congrats to anyone who scored a PS4. It's a great system with a great library.

#507 trig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

I'm very proud of myself. I went to GS at 4 pm, ignored the hubbub about the 1 TB PS4, bought the last Steam Controller and a $10 Steam card, and got the hell out of there. The PS4 with $50 gift card was a great deal, but after spending some time playing Spelunky on the 500 gb PS4 that I bought two years ago this morning and looking at my bank account balance, I thought it best to leave one of those PS4s there for someone else. Happy with my purchase though! It was the only new Steam controller within a 10 mile radius. And congrats to anyone who scored a PS4. It's a great system with a great library.

theres a separate line for the ps4?

#508 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

theres a separate line for the ps4?

Nope. There was one line that split between two registers. The PS4s were first come, first serve. I only saw three people ahead of me buying them. They were in the store's back room. I was just saying that rather than upgrading to the 1 TB like I was pondering this morning, I just decided to exercise some self control. My game/system/accessory buying habits had been way out of control in the past few years especially on Black Friday.

#509 UltraDoof  

UltraDoof

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

Can anyone who knows about headphones give me info about the Roxx ones they got on sale for 30?  They look like exactly what I need but I can't find any info online about them, and like I said I'm pretty much ignorant about tech like this.  Thanks in advance.

#510 Nathan_Sama   I'm backwards compatable. CAGiversary!   1715 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Nathan_Sama

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

My store only had 2 of the 1TB slim PS4s

I got a magic third one since I put it on layaway last week.