* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Black Friday 2017 Ad Scan

#871 Only One Haze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Only One Haze

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

So I'm not the only one still waiting for part of my order to ship. Still in "Processing for shipment" purgatory.

#872 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1022 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Yeah. I have sent them two emails and one message via their hard-to-find customer complaint submission form.

#873 TheTattler   Banned Banned   14 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

TheTattler

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:31 PM

My advice? Patience. Entitled millennials cry after not receiving instant service or their games in the mail after a week. I used to buy Sega Saturn games online in the 90's and sometimes had to wait weeks, or even over a month, to receive a game. That's if it came at all. And it was tough shit if you didn't get your game.

#874 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

My advice? Patience. Entitled millennials cry after not receiving instant service or their games in the mail after a week. I used to buy Sega Saturn games online in the 90's and sometimes had to wait weeks, or even over a month, to receive a game. That's if it came at all. And it was tough shit if you didn't get your game.

And back in my day we didn't have the internet we had to go to stores and walk uphill both ways, blah blah blah.

Sure it was slow back then, but times change, people always try to use the "back in my day" logic. As a society we either progress or disappear. As such we have progressed to the point where things are more advanced and smoother. Sure it takes time now and then but this shit with GS is a big clusterfuck that they refuse to help unless you find someone local that gives a shit, like I thankfully did.

They have our money but because they didn't properly prepare for BF doesn't mean we have to sit back and take it.

#875 EmpoleonRules  

EmpoleonRules

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:32 AM

https://www.reddit.c...bottom-comments

You're not even trying to hide that you are IATCG lmao

IATCG (2).png

#876 Link64dx   Banned Banned   246 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Link64dx

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Got a shipment confirmation for my 50 gift card

PS4 still mia

They took money out of my trade card but it wasn’t enough to cover the balance - they took it down to zero though...

#877 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

Blah, blah, blah. There is nothing entitled about expecting professional service from a major organization.

Particularly when they tend to take your money up front.

#878 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

this would be a valid point if every other retailer didn't ship their games within a week

#879 Corrik   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:48 AM

Wow I been got my stuff over a week ago.

#880 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4980 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

I feel very lucky.  I got everything no problem, and all of the games I bought for the 3ds, the ds, and gba are not bootlegs.  I am astonished.  Even metal slug advance and astro boy omega factor are not bootlegs.  Color me surprised.  Fast ship to boot

#881 Only One Haze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Only One Haze

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

Welp, the rest of my BF order has been cancelled.

"Due to an unforeseen inventory issue, we will be unable to ship your order #. Your order has been cancelled, and you will not be charged. We truly appreciate your business and want you to know how sorry we are for our mistake.  

We hope to see you back soon.  If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know. You can respond to this email, or if you prefer to speak to someone directly you can call 1 (800) 883-8895. Our team is available 7 days a week from 8 AM to 8 PM CST."

This was for Pandemic Legacy Season 1. Injustice 2 PS4 shipped/received quickly. At least it's done now, no more guessing.

#882 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

My black friday ps4 that shipped on Nov 24 FINALLY arrived today.  Almost 3 weeks, but completely UPS fault.  Out for delivery almost every day the past 2 weeks, but so backed up they took this long.

#883 Bszelda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

So I still haven't received my gift card.  I've called so many times I've lost count.  They say they are "resending" the gift card each time I call.  I just wish GameStop would simply send a physical gift card to my address rather than deal with this mess....