* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Black Friday 2017 Ad Scan

#121 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

If I get one of those power up rewards certificates(For use in store only) can I use that on a Black Friday purchase?

#122 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Does GameStop do any kind of price guarantee?  Like if you buy something this weekend then go back in during the sale, they will refund you the difference?  

#123 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

Does GameStop do any kind of price guarantee?  Like if you buy something this weekend then go back in during the sale, they will refund you the difference?  

Lmao

#124 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

Lmao

I don't shop at GameStop much and Best Buy does stuff like this so I figured I'd ask you pros.

#125 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

I don't shop at GameStop much and Best Buy does stuff like this so I figured I'd ask you pros.

Unfortunately not - best case would be a return/rebuy. I don't think any retailer does that for Black Friday - so no adjustments or any thing as such, especially from GS

#126 Jommy   I wish I could come up with a cool title CAGiversary!   2059 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

I will the ps4 pro deal include that star wars model? Or the white one?

#127 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

Unfortunately not - best case would be a return/rebuy. I don't think any retailer does that for Black Friday - so no adjustments or any thing as such, especially from GS

Gotcha.  It's not specifically a BF doorbuster I'm interested in, it's the PSVR.  I just want to get the Skyrim bundle ASAP lol.  Would be nice to play it all weekend.  But I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen if I don't want to pay $450 for it.

#128 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

I think I got a $10 off code for last week's free games cancellation. I wonder if that will work on these.

#129 Troe123  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

No. Gamestop does not price match at all. Even against it's own online prices.

#130 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:06 PM

Better than I thought it’d be but sill disappointed nothing like last years $99 N3DS. Was hoping that the orange or poke ball 2DS would be $99. And I would’ve got an elite controller had they had a decent deal on it.

Great deals on the slim systems but really hammers home what a bad deal any Pro or 1X system is when skins are equivalent of $150 and high ends $350-500. Games look better but not 2&1/2 to 3&1/2 times better.

Hopefully more is on sale than what fit in the ad, like more switch accessories and carrying cases.

#131 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

Just might be able to continue to start the ascend of the quake 4 leaderboards. Two more x360 with working ac adapters. There goes 300+hrs of grinding.

It’s hard to read the fine print of the scan. But I wonder how they’ll limit the free Xbox 360’s. I can finally build my Forza 2 three monitor surround system. Otherwise, wonder how many people will try to exploit to get the TIV. A complete system probably trades for like $20 but maybe the controller and AC adapter separately with 50% bonuses and selling the system alone to your mom and pop game store for $10 or something will bring in even more.

#132 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

This ad looks great but has me at odds though.  Which deal trumps which?  The B2G1 Preowned or the Preowned 3 for $20, 30, 40?

Those Preowned tears leave me in a funny situation, trying to get No Mans Sky, AC: Syndicate but they in different tiers....

Other than that, I'm happy with all else.  Trying to get:

Horizon Zero Dawn $20

No Mans Sky (preowned) $10

AC: Syndicate $15

Whats the difference between Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 versus Kingdom Hearts Remastered?  Which is better?

And from the looks of it might have to cop Destiny 2 but I don't see Nioh anywhere in the ad?  Did I miss it?

Thanks.  Sorry for all the questions in one.... lol.

I'll try to answer as many questions as I can. The B2G1 and the 3 for $X0 are the same, just clever marketing. The games listed look like they're getting a price cut on their preowned version. It also only applies to preowned product, so you would not be able to mix and match new and preowned games

in regards to KH, KH 1.5+2.5 is the collection of these games/movies

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Movie made from cutscenes)

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (Movie made from cutscenes)

The other one is Kingdom Hearts 2.8, which contains

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts  0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (essentially a glorified demo)

Kingdom Hearts X backcover (A movie that delves into deep lore)

Finally, I did not see Nioh in the ad either. 

#133 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

PeeDeeJay: Your quick thoughts on the x?

Sure. Precursor, I have it hooked up to a Samsung 65" KS8000 4k. I also own a Pro. The X is great. I've played tomb raider, gears and evil within. All look great, although gears looked the best. I'm impressed by how quiet and cool this console keeps compared to the pro. The pro gets very loud and warm when it's playing 4k content. I've noticed improved loading times in other games, especially Pillars of Eternity which has an incredibly long wait when you first start the game. I'd say it was cut in half. My other friend mentioned improvements in graphics on non-X supported games, but I can't necessarily claim if this is true. I actually mentioned to him how pillars of eternity looked like it ran smoother... but I can't prove this.

It's an expensive console, but if you have a 4K HDR tv it's worth it. If you're running a 1080p tv, then I'd wait. Developers seem to be impressed with the console, so I would expect the improvements to continue with future games.

If I had to pick the Pro or the X, I would go with the X. BUT, when it comes to exclusives, it's hard to beat the pro. I know you're not asking, but if you were trying to decide between the two, I'd ask if you would be willing to miss out on exclusives such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Persona 5 (not pro enhanced), Bloodborne (dark souls 3 is better), Uncharted, etc. If yes, then spend the extra money and get an X. I honestly feel this is the better console and it will run 3rd party games better than the pro.

#134 PC Master Race  

PC Master Race

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

So this ad is.....pretty good actually? $50 gc with regular ps4 and 350 ps4 pro is the best I've seen. 25 for evil within 2 and wolf 2. 27 for Destiny and Madden. 3 for 60 Wii u Mario maker, Mario kart 8, and smash bros? You rarely see those less than 60 EACH.
I'm still going to best buy, but I have to respect this ad. How is shipping on GS website? I might get dirt 4 for 27 bucks if the shipping is reasonable.

Shipping kills the deal
P.S. usually $9 for shipping at least for me

#135 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

I'd get the new S at $189 vs. the preowned VCR version for $150. The S is a much better system all around (smaller, less power, slightly better hardware) and those old models had potential disc drive problems. My original xbox one's disc drive failed after about 30 days of not a ton of use. The replacement was good for a few years, but you just never know.

Plus the S is much more quiet and no huge power brick + HDR compatible.

#136 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Plus the S is much more quiet and no huge power brick + HDR compatible.

Plus, it's new, and not pre-owned, so you don't take the risk of picking up some near-death console 

#137 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

The sales on Pokemon cards are dangerous.

Tins for $10?

B2G1 booster packs???

25% off anything that fits in the bag??? I'll try to stick the $80 Shining Legends collection in that.

#138 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Honestly surprised no sale of Tales of Berseria. Every Tales title has gone on sale pretty much every year since Graces f.

#139 bobbyblane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Any thoughts on how well stocked the ps4 slim 1 tb is likely to be? It'll probably be Friday afternoon by the time I'm able to make it to the store

#140 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

I've never been to a GS on BF before - there isn't anything too crazy to go over, but how bad do you think it'll be if you go at store opening? Probably 15-20 people deep granted it's @ 4 PM on Thanksgiving

#141 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5780 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

Finally the elusive PS4 Pro deal. Hard to believe GS was the only retail location to have a deal on it

#142 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

I've never been to a GS on BF before - there isn't anything too crazy to go over, but how bad do you think it'll be if you go at store opening? Probably 15-20 people deep granted it's @ 4 PM on Thanksgiving

It will likely depend on how many stores are around you. I went 30 minutes before opening last year and was 4th in line. 

#143 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

Better than I thought it’d be but sill disappointed nothing like last years $99 N3DS. Was hoping that the orange or poke ball 2DS would be $99. And I would’ve got an elite controller had they had a decent deal on it.

Great deals on the slim systems but really hammers home what a bad deal any Pro or 1X system is when skins are equivalent of $150 and high ends $350-500. Games look better but not 2&1/2 to 3&1/2 times better.

Hopefully more is on sale than what fit in the ad, like more switch accessories and carrying cases.

I agree this ad is "not bad", but they aren't breaking ground. 

Last year had much better $10 games with Ratchet and Clank, Dragon Quest Heroes, Mad Max, Last of Us Remastered, etc. Gamestop actually dominated last year I thought. This year, several of the better deals on games I'd want have G.O.T.Y editions pending (Horizon, REVII). So might just hold off on those GOTY editions to drop in price at some point.

Nothing really jumps out at me as particularly amazing, although they do have the low price on a few games. Maybe Dirt 4 at $25, and I'll probably get either Fallout 4 GOTY or Overwatch GOTY. Although I don't think $30 is a great price, so probably won't jump at both. If they were $20 I'd grab both. Likewise I will probably look at Nier Atomata, though as Wal-Mart has Nioh for $19 I might just get that one instead and keep waiting on Nier. 

#144 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

I agree this ad is "not bad", but they aren't breaking ground. 

Last year had much better $10 games with Ratchet and Clank, Dragon Quest Heroes, Mad Max, Last of Us Remastered, etc. Gamestop actually dominated last year I thought. This year, several of the better deals on games I'd want have G.O.T.Y editions pending (Horizon, REVII). So might just hold off on those GOTY editions to drop in price at some point.

Nothing really jumps out at me as particularly amazing, although they do have the low price on a few games. Maybe Dirt 4 at $25, and I'll probably get either Fallout 4 GOTY or Overwatch GOTY. Although I don't think $30 is a great price, so probably won't jump at both. If they were $20 I'd grab both. Likewise I will probably look at Nier Atomata, though as Wal-Mart has Nioh for $19 I might just get that one instead and keep waiting on Nier. 

i get what you're saying, im a collector so I go for the odd games that will be hard to find later and i go to gamestop to get deals on those. gamestop doesn't have as many of those as they did last year or years prior imo. i still might grab injustice 2 and a motorcycle game though

#145 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

The sales on Pokemon cards are dangerous.

Tins for $10?

B2G1 booster packs???

25% off anything that fits in the bag??? I'll try to stick the $80 Shining Legends collection in that.

The b1g2 free that just ended last week on clearance pokemon and collectibles was better IMO. Yes there are sets that weren't on clearance that this covers and the b1g2 did not but I was able to clean up over the weekend getting 3 mega garchomp/salamence ex premium collections, elite trainer boxes, etc for the price of one.

#146 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

What no trade bump?  No 20/40/60 or 50%???

#147 Mikeyjl87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

OMG i thought the Pro would never go on sale! I'm glad its not a preowned one either.

Time to spend that last trade credit and get back into Sony land :D

#148 phxsuns14  

phxsuns14

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

What no trade bump?  No 20/40/60 or 50%???

Dude I agree, I was planning on flipping games and still am! 

#149 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1735 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

Any idea how much you have to spend online to get free shipping on BF at Gamestop?

#150 Medium_Pimpin   Dead broke, but Hood Rich CAGiversary!   1460 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Medium_Pimpin

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:48 AM

I wonder what they'll replace the Powerpass with.