Dropmix $59.99 at Amazon

Nice, I was waiting for $60 at Best Buy on BF.

I, too, paid $75 a few weeks ago, but Amazon sat on the order for the first time in history and gave me time to cancel once the BB BF ad came out.

Hmmm, these are nice drops. How are the sales for this?  I was going to wait for a drop below $50 but if this isn't selling well, there may be even bigger drops on the horizon. 

Been watching videos of this for 30 minutes. I'm really digging this, might finally commit. 

Everything I've seen of this game has been really good, but I feel like it's ultimately going to be a big money sink with the card collecting aspect. Has that been the case for those of you who have bought it?

Everything I've seen of this game has been really good, but I feel like it's ultimately going to be a big money sink with the card collecting aspect. Has that been the case for those of you who have bought it?
Can't find cards on sale so yeah I've dumped about 100 bucks into cards with each card costing about a dollar. I am totally indifferent to dance/club music and I'm a classically trained guitarist. I've annoyed the hell out of my wife by spending the evening trying to build the perfect mix for The Final Countdown. The cards have NFC chips shoved into them and are a bit uneven, which accelerates wear and tear so I need sleeves for them. I'll absolutely be getting series 3 and 4 which fill out season 1 once they are not released. However, I totally regret spending 40 bucks on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymtMrbE7r50

I really don't regret it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't find cards on sale so yeah I've dumped about 100 bucks into cards with each card costing about a dollar. I am totally indifferent to dance/club music and I'm a classically trained guitarist. I've annoyed the hell out of my wife by spending the evening trying to build the perfect mix for The Final Countdown. The cards have NFC chips shoved into them and are a bit uneven, which accelerates wear and tear so I need sleeves for them. I'll absolutely be getting series 3 and 4 which fill out season 1 once they are not released. However, I totally regret spending 40 bucks on this:

I really don't regret it.
Worth it for $60? Are the cards ever on sale?

Nice, was hoping to get it if it was part of Best Buy's early access, but this saved me the wait and hassle.

Now all that is left for my BF list is a 1TB PS4, and deciding if to just try getting it from Best Buy early or trying GameStop for a $50 gift card...

I'd emphatically say yes but the youtube videos work well enough to show what the game actually is. Game comes with 60 cards but unsurprisingly some of the best cards are in booster packs. It's hard to gauge if packs will go on sale because right now retailers are barely carrying any inventory. Hasbro had a 20% off coupon but shipping absolutely killed the savings. Secondly, boosters are not blind which is awesome but no retailer lets you buy specific packs and even worse most even sell the playlists blind (16 cards sets where you can see all but one card). Finally, one last thing that eases the card collecting pain is that ALL card packs are the same so once you identify the card on the front or playlist name you can know whether or not you have all cards in the pack.

Are the cards ever on sale?
This was just released this September, so I don't think there have been much of any...

I think TRU had a deal near or about after launch where the cards were 40%(?) off ONLY WITH the system purchase(which was MSRP).

This was just released this September, so I don't think there have been much of any...

I think TRU had a deal near or about after launch where the cards were 40%(?) off ONLY WITH the system purchase(which was MSRP).
Sign up for Hasbro's email notifications. They've had two site wide sales in the last month from 15-25% off, sometimes flash sales, sometimes for a weekend, but you can buy the cards on sale.

Hmm...was gonna wait for best buy to put this up so I can earn some rewards points...but idk now.

Edit: Looks like it's only available for shipping on best buy atm. Would like to get this by thanksgiving so I can play with the family. Amazon it is!

I’m getting this delivered tomorrow. How easy is it to learn? I was just watching a gameplay video from Harmonix. Game looks complicated for my simple mind.

I’m getting this delivered tomorrow. How easy is it to learn? I was just watching a gameplay video from Harmonix. Game looks complicated for my simple mind.
Its really not complicated. Basic rules involve playing cards that match the colored places on the board, with progressively higher levels (indicated on the cards). Beyond that strategy is invoked with wild cards, fx cards and the dropmix button (no whammy:)

The goals is to score 21 points. The fun is making amazing mixes along the way and trying to make the best use of the cards in your deck.

VS mode is the most structured (1V1 or 2V1/2) and the hardest part is remembering what the puzzle cards do. Here is a nice cheat sheet.

Party and Freestyle are progressively more open, with freestyle just letting you, well, freestyle, placing cards on the board and experimenting.

The included instructions are vague, but the online forums are helpful as well as the guided tour from the DM app (IOS and Android)

So, I got my Dropmix game today.  

Question with the cards.  Looks like there are 2 discover card sets.  Each has 6 packs and each pack comes with 5 cards.

There are also playlists.  Looks like Hasbro's site shows 4 different playlists of 15 cards each.  There are also other playlists mentioned in the app.  I Googled the Flawless playlist, and it appears to be a Target exclusive, that they don't have in stock.

So, are there various exclusive playlists that can not be obtained anymore??

So, I got my Dropmix game today.

Question with the cards. Looks like there are 2 discover card sets. Each has 6 packs and each pack comes with 5 cards.

There are also playlists. Looks like Hasbro's site shows 4 different playlists of 15 cards each. There are also other playlists mentioned in the app. I Googled the Flawless playlist, and it appears to be a Target exclusive, that they don't have in stock.

So, are there various exclusive playlists that can not be obtained anymore??
They are hard to find everywhere around me so I just opted to buying them all directly from hasbro site
Heres a link to the first series Discovery Set https://dropmix.hasbro.com/en-us/product/dropmix-discover-pack-complete-series-1-30-card-bundle:35F4C2C3-9B97-4403-B6C5-6649E7788AD4
And the Second https://dropmix.hasbro.com/en-us/product/dropmix-discover-pack-complete-series-2-30-card-bundle:931D4F7C-D9F8-4003-96C0-AF6DA501C5F6

here's a spreadsheat that I found on reddit showing the different playlists and discovery packs. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TjEBCW5Wv4xJgGVXGV7PfVNAuc3D07ADE-694NH1Ig/htmlview

From the discovery packs there are 3 sets available now Puff, Hightower and Seer. With Playlists there are 4 available Astro, Derby, Mirrors and Ouroboros. Also the playlist packs include 15 cards + 1 card from a set called Baffler.

it seems a little overwhelming at first, but we jumped in on the game at $60 and then I bought $70 in cards at Target. So I have a lot. Will need to start avoiding dupes.

Looking forward to playing it this week at thanksgiving witth family.

it seems a little overwhelming at first, but we jumped in on the game at $60 and then I bought $70 in cards at Target. So I have a lot. Will need to start avoiding dupes.

Looking forward to playing it this week at thanksgiving witth family.
From a purchasing standpoint, there are no dupes in discovery packs and play packs. From a deck building standpoint, the app has a built in deck builder that will ensure your deck meets the rules.

They are hard to find everywhere around me so I just opted to buying them all directly from hasbro site
Heres a link to the first series Discovery Set https://dropmix.hasbro.com/en-us/product/dropmix-discover-pack-complete-series-1-30-card-bundle:35F4C2C3-9B97-4403-B6C5-6649E7788AD4
And the Second https://dropmix.hasbro.com/en-us/product/dropmix-discover-pack-complete-series-2-30-card-bundle:931D4F7C-D9F8-4003-96C0-AF6DA501C5F6

here's a spreadsheat that I found on reddit showing the different playlists and discovery packs. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TjEBCW5Wv4xJgGVXGV7PfVNAuc3D07ADE-694NH1Ig/htmlview

From the discovery packs there are 3 sets available now Puff, Hightower and Seer. With Playlists there are 4 available Astro, Derby, Mirrors and Ouroboros. Also the playlist packs include 15 cards + 1 card from a set called Baffler.
Below is the Target playlist I'm talking about. The Dropmix app mentions a Flawless playlist, and that is the one below. Says it is Target exclusive. I did some Googling and I think Best Buy also had an exclusive playlist. I'm not sure what other ones are out there. This Flowless playlist is not for sale on Hasbro's site.

https://www.target.com/p/dropmix-pop-playlist-pack-target-exclusive/-/A-52565351

Game is now $49.99 at Amazon and Walmart.

Playlist packs are also 25% off today only for cyber Monday on the Hasbro website. Free shipping too.

Bought it at $60, but wished I could've gotten it at the $50 price. Win some, lose some I guess.

And I believe the Discovery packs have been $25 for awhile now. At least they were that price when I checked earlier this week.

At this rate, I think I’ll hold off a few more months and see how low the price can go. I’m thinking they have huge invintory, and want to push the card packs anyways. I think (hope) it will go lower...

Solid price at $50, reguardless.

Bought it at $75 and ok with that. I think at $50 it's a very good deal for early adoption, but at $30 it's a great buy. If it gets that low, I hope it sells a ton, but I can't imagine it's highly profitable at that price. 

It's a fun game with a basic card game and great music. Won't win you over if you're not into music games, but definitely good fun if you are. 

I picked up a Pop pack in Target today thinking it was the exclusive but it has a roller skate in the corner. The exclusive has a diamond in the corner and a big red exclusive banner on the front, right?

It seemed to go OOS really fast, I have randomly checked for it and it happened to be in stock when I posted it, I just found out about the Best Buy Chiller pack and that ones going to be a pain to get as well. =/

I want to get these exclusive packs but i also havent played with the 4 packs i bought for 20% off from the hasbro store.

I couldn't find anything else I needed at TRU to get to $29 for free shipping. Doesn't seem worth $21 when I haven't even played the game yet with my series 1/2 sets. :D

It's back down to $59.99 at Best Buy. Finally decided to pick it up at that price. For those that have picked it up already, are you liking it? How is it for replay value?

It's back down to $59.99 at Best Buy. Finally decided to pick it up at that price. For those that have picked it up already, are you liking it? How is it for replay value?
I got it for my daughter for Christmas but the premise behind it seems pretty cool, it's harmonix and they have a ton of experience with this. I think the only downfall is the DLC type packs but that's too be expected, I hope there's future support and they don't just abandon this.

Barnes & Noble has Dropmix for $59.99 as well. Saw it in store last night. Just a heads up if you have any B&N gift cards to burn.

bread's done
Back