* * * * - 3 votes

Toys R Us - Coupon codes stacking - 25% / 20% / 15% off - works on video games

#391 MonkeyBrainSync  

MonkeyBrainSync

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

Picked up my 2 items: board game and DAI for PS4. Will keep eye on my account re: PayPal/Credit Card (since they are linked) for the correct amounts once out of pending status re: payment. 

#392 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

But they will. They don’t care.

Go read up on consumer protection laws. TRU would be breaking the law. Hence, they can't do that.

They entered into a contract (sale) it was *completed* when buyer picked up the item. Transaction completed. *ANY* charge after that, is unauthorized. They can cancel the orders (they did), but once it's picked up... SOL.

TRU has no legal ability to charge you after the transaction.... FTC laws would be in effect and TRU would not like the outcome.

Do research, Glitches happen... companies have a few options when they screw up. 

#393 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Go read up on consumer protection laws. TRU would be breaking the law. Hence, they can't do that.
They entered into a contract (sale) it was *completed* when buyer picked up the item. Transaction completed. *ANY* charge after that, is unauthorized. They can cancel the orders (they did), but once it's picked up... SOL.

TRU has no legal ability to charge you after the transaction.... FTC laws would be in effect and TRU would not like the outcome.

Do research, Glitches happen... companies have a few options when they screw up.

I’m saying they’ve done it before. You’ll sit on hold for 45 minutes to get your money back but you’ll get it back. It’s not worth the hassle and they don’t care.

#394 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Guess I'll keep my game sealed so I can return it in case they try to charge full price.

#395 ihadmail  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

Guess I'll keep my game sealed so I can return it in case they try to charge full price.

You don't have your emailed receipt showing the glitch price? That's all you need to dispute this with paypal/your credit card in the even they try to overcharge. 

#396 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11072 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

You don't have your emailed receipt showing the glitch price? That's all you need to dispute this with paypal/your credit card in the even they try to overcharge. 

Yup. Got screenshots of my order pages, confirmation page, and the pickup confirmation email that all show the correct price.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#397 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

I’m saying they’ve done it before. You’ll sit on hold for 45 minutes to get your money back but you’ll get it back. It’s not worth the hassle and they don’t care.

See, you are thinking that you don't have any rights... Or if a company tries to take advantage of you, you just need to accept them walking over you.

It’s not worth the hassle and they don’t care.

They do tend to care when they Government contacts them for violating federal laws.

Name a company that did this? and didn't get a FTC investigation? (not talking about a 1 time local thing, a national "glitch" they charged a customer later for the difference)

They have every right to cancel the order.... they also have every right to *refuse* you the item and your money when you go to pick up the item... and they have every right to pull the items from shelves due to pricing errors.

Once the consumer has the item... the contract is fulfilled. Going back on the contract is a lose-lose situation for the company. (illegal)

Don't use the laws that protect you, and the companies will abuse them. "it's not worth the hassle" is the wrong answer, you are telling them it's ok to steal from you. And they will continue to steal from you.

#398 kanekiken  

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

That's odd, my order hasn't been cancelled yet. I used it to pre-order a game.

#399 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Got my updated order email but picked up last night so uhhhhhh. We'll see I guess

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#400 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   3972 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:53 PM

For those who got their orders cancelled, was anyone refunded yet? I wasn't.

#401 DarthPwner  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:11 AM

My order got canceled at 3:45 AM and I got an email at 6:45 AM saying they were processing my order...

#402 Theronm  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

Just picked up my instore order for joycons + skyrim. No questions asked whatsoever. Then asked if they could match the price from the shipping order that "I canceled because it wasn't going to be here quick enough" lol. Manager said yeah sure, was in and out within like 5 min

#403 dt613   I'm no hero... CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

Yeah on my AMEX card it still shows pending charge of 100.32 but my order was canceled..really dont care about it as long as Im not charged

Yeah I checked the new confirmation email again and it just gets weirder every time. The items are marked as standard price now but the total is still the discounted. What a mess. I just wanna know if my order is actually cancelled and that they aren't bouta charge me MSRP lol pretty sure there's a law that says that would be super illegal

#404 slppedyoursster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

slppedyoursster

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

TRU just discovered a brilliant way to get back on their feet. Have a massive "glitch" then charge everyone MSRP. Lol.

#405 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22265 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:04 AM

Holy shit... my order just shipped. $68 for a Power Rangers Legacy Titanus Black/Gold variant.  :D/

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

:switch: Super Mario Odyssey - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#406 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

Holy shit... my order just shipped. $68 for a Power Rangers Legacy Titanus Black/Gold variant. :D/

Is that good?

#407 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

See, you are thinking that you don't have any rights... Or if a company tries to take advantage of you, you just need to accept them walking over you.
They do tend to care when they Government contacts them for violating federal laws.

Name a company that did this? and didn't get a FTC investigation? (not talking about a 1 time local thing, a national "glitch" they charged a customer later for the difference)

They have every right to cancel the order.... they also have every right to *refuse* you the item and your money when you go to pick up the item... and they have every right to pull the items from shelves due to pricing errors.

Once the consumer has the item... the contract is fulfilled. Going back on the contract is a lose-lose situation for the company. (illegal)

Don't use the laws that protect you, and the companies will abuse them. "it's not worth the hassle" is the wrong answer, you are telling them it's ok to steal from you. And they will continue to steal from you.

Way to misrepresent the things I said. As others have said in the thread and I reiterated TRU plays these games and will bill you the discounted amount but then you get the charge on the card that is full MSRP or more. Yes, I contacted them and after fighting with them they acquiesced and gave me the refund but it was a hassle. I would rather not deal with TRU than maybe get the deal of the century or maybe have $100 tied up for a couple weeks while I fight with them on the phone or at the store.

Hey, if you want to hire a lawyer and sue the bankrupt company TRU or have the government find them for “violating federal laws” by all means. I’ll take my money elsewhere.

#408 Nathan_Sama   I'm backwards compatable. CAGiversary!   1707 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Nathan_Sama

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

Is that good?

Its normally like $200 so yes lol

#409 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22265 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

Is that good?

Dunno about $200, I think MSRP is $150 but I'm happy with sub $70. 

Currently playing: 

PS1 Wild Arms - :) (Mutha-fucking Wild ARMS!!) 

:switch: Super Mario Odyssey - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#410 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13062 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago   Now streaming STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II live on Twitch

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:17 AM

So I assume I missed out this most epic of deals?

You and I both heh. Didn't check here until just now and kicking myself because I'd have grabbed a Lego set if it was possible. 50% off Slave I or a First Order AT-AT. . . =P~

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#411 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:19 AM

Glad they’re going out of business. Good riddance.

#412 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:21 AM

Where they did this before:
https://www.cheapass...w=&fromsearch=1

#413 spmahn  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

Way to misrepresent the things I said. As others have said in the thread and I reiterated TRU plays these games and will bill you the discounted amount but then you get the charge on the card that is full MSRP or more. Yes, I contacted them and after fighting with them they acquiesced and gave me the refund but it was a hassle. I would rather not deal with TRU than maybe get the deal of the century or maybe have $100 tied up for a couple weeks while I fight with them on the phone or at the store.
Hey, if you want to hire a lawyer and sue the bankrupt company TRU or have the government find them for “violating federal laws” by all means. I’ll take my money elsewhere.

Not sure you quite understand. If Toys R Us were to charge you the incorrect amount, and you have the receipt, then this is a violation of Federal Regulation E. You would file a claim with your bank, they would file a chargeback with the merchant, and you would get your money back. No lawyer or court needed.

#414 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:31 AM

I’m a libertarian, I know how the government works or doesn’t. Six months later I might get my money back. I’d rather just not deal with TRU and let all you folks know that they do play these type of games.

#415 spmahn  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

I’m a libertarian, I know how the government works or doesn’t. Six months later I might get my money back. I’d rather just not deal with TRU and let all you folks know that they do play these type of games.

Totally wrong, the law has specific timeframes in which the bank needs to resolve the issue. They need to provide you provisional credit within 10 business days, and they need to complete the investigation within 60 days. I would think someone who knows how the government works would know this?

#416 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:36 AM

Got the "ready for pick-up" at the two locations I chose last night. This morning I got the "we've received your order..." for one of the locations this morning. I was able to p/u at the other store, no problems. No cancellation on the "we've received your order" email store yet. I'm on my way there now.

Yes, there was a sticker on the game with my name on it. It wasn't difficult to remove.

Update: I was able to get the games from the second store no problems

After reading all the posts after mine, I checked the "we've received your order..." email from this morning and it does have the regular price for the two games I picked up at the second store. I didn't get one for the first game I picked up from the first store though. I called my cc and they confirmed the correct amount and had them put a note regarding the possible change in price. They said they can't open an issue until the incorrect amount posts to my account if it does at all.

#417 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:37 AM

Sure. The government is going to do an “investigation” on $100 I was overcharged for some Disney Infinity toys. Seems legit.

#418 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6720 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:38 AM

Where they did this before:
https://www.cheapass...w=&fromsearch=1

what i see in that thread is one guy claiming it happened to him...nobody else saying it happeend and then said guy vanishing without letting anyone know what happened other than he wrote paypal an angry email.

#419 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

If it says in their terms they don't honor price errors maybe it's a loophole to charge the correct amount later.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#420 spmahn  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

Sure. The government is going to do an “investigation” on $100 I was overcharged for some Disney Infinity toys. Seems legit.

Why are you caught up on the government? The government has nothing to do with this. This is between your bank and the merchant. Go back into your basement and put your tin foil hat back on.