ToysRUs BOGO 50 Off Video Games

TRU is the worst. I went in to finally pick up Pokémon rube/sapphire and they raised the prices from 31.99 to 39.99 when this sale went into effect. I won’t miss them when they go under.

TRU is the worst. I went in to finally pick up Pokémon rube/sapphire and they raised the prices from 31.99 to 39.99 when this sale went into effect. I won’t miss them when they go under.
how dare they raise the price of games after the sale is over.

I can't even get the site to work properly this morning. Must be an internal issue perhaps something lingering from yesterday's site glitch. Who knows. May just wait till 9am and go into store to see what I can find re: Lego Dimensions since their site sucks. No wonder they filed bankruptcy. 

They were better off letting some of the orders from last night go through. Now they have people who can't access their site or have moved on to Amazon or Best Buy to get their shopping done. Whereas they could have could have smothered a bit of their competitors' foot traffic. 

One day only on online?!  Lame.  Would have been nice for the whole week, darn bills.  Would have picked up something that my local Best Buy might not have had.

Definitely NOT online only. Picked up Skyrim and Mariokart for Switch in store. Signs were put up all over the games area.

Last edited by a moderator:
In store as well, I saw the b1g1 50% signs all over the game shelves. I wanted to get the Lego marvel 2 and Sonic forces but the lego marvel 2 price in store is still 59.99 and when they tried to price match it for the 39.99 online the system wouldnt allow for the 50% off deal. So I did an online order for pick up in store. and 20 minutes later my order was ready.

So if we only want one game, can we do the prorate thing like Target where we cancel one after the order goes through online or do we have to go in the next day or so to return the game we don't want?

How dare a sale end on the date clearly marked on the sale sign!
-fed up TRU employee

bread's done
Back