Nioh $19.99 ($15.99 w/GCU) @ Best Buy

I already bought this game digitally on PS4 and just recently on PC so I don't need this deal.

But I can say that Nioh is easily one of the best games of the year, so $20 ($16 GCU) is definitely a steal for the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP!  Changed my order from shipping to store pickup at checkout and saved an additional $1.  I plan on going to Best Buy tomorrow anyway so might as well save an extra buck on my order.

Pricematching on Target.com right now since I don't have GCU. It took a couple reps to agree to the pricematch. First one said model numbers were different so it didn't quality.

I usually see these massive price drops / liquidations right around Black Friday as a sign of insider info of a re-release, in this case, the complete version.  With how slowly KOEI has been milking Nioh's price point, I don't see this massive drop as anything other than evidence of a re-release.  Pass!

Awesome deal got it for $15 with in store pick-up. Just kind of wondering about ordering Nier. Do it now for $25, or wait because I have a feeling it will be the same price, but with GCU....

Thanks OP, one less thing to hunt down this weekend.

Never tried the dark souls or bloodborne games, as I'm generally not a fan of relentlessly difficult games where I may have to repeat hours of progress. Should I avoid this as well? I did play a few hours of demons souls back in the day and couldn't really get into it.

I usually see these massive price drops / liquidations right around Black Friday as a sign of insider info of a re-release, in this case, the complete version. With how slowly KOEI has been milking Nioh's price point, I don't see this massive drop as anything other than evidence of a re-release. Pass!
And I see it as an opportunity to pick up the base game for cheap and wait for the DLC to go on sale.

Case in point is Dark Souls III for the Xbox One. At the moment, can buy it at RedBox for $4.99 and the Season Pass on XBL for $10. That's the Fire Fades Edition equivalent for $15, when it normally sells for $40.

Either way, there's no real incentive to wait on a complete edition if you want to play it, especially when the base game offers so much for such a reasonable price.

Never tried the dark souls or bloodborne games, as I'm generally not a fan of relentlessly difficult games where I may have to repeat hours of progress. Should I avoid this as well? I did play a few hours of demons souls back in the day and couldn't really get into it.
Wondering the same thing myself. Excellent price if it’s a game that won’t frustrate the hell out of me, otherwise I have plenty to play in my backlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that 10% off for your birthday thing from BB and since there's nothing else I'd use it on before the end of the month, i thought I'd just use it here, even though it's only 1.50 or so. But I can't figure out how to apply it on an online order. There's no code and it doesn't automatically apply. Any ideas?

I have that 10% off for your birthday thing from BB and since there's nothing else I'd use it on before the end of the month, i thought I'd just use it here, even though it's only 1.50 or so. But I can't figure out how to apply it on an online order. There's no code and it doesn't automatically apply. Any ideas?
In September I bought something using the BB Android App and it asked me at checkout if I wanted to apply my 10% birthday coupon. Did you try from the iOS or Android app?

The email I got had a link to click to get the deal. I assume if you did that and then put the game in your cart it should probably also work.

Is this game really hard? I don't like hard games

Is this dark souls level hard or even ninja gaiden level ?

Are there different settings like normal hard etc

In September I bought something using the BB Android App and it asked me at checkout if I wanted to apply my 10% birthday coupon. Did you try from the iOS or Android app?

The email I got had a link to click to get the deal. I assume if you did that and then put the game in your cart it should probably also work.
I tried the app yeah. I honestly might just be a total moron here. I don't see any area to apply the discount either on desktop or mobile. There's an area where it should be, it says My Best Buy Rewards and Offers. This is considered an "offer" in my account but that area is empty. It's not a big deal, like I said it's $1.50. But I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't strive to save every cent as a matter of principle.

I'll just buy it, and when I pick it up show the offer. If they can add it, cool. If not, oh well.

I would just pass on this game if the souls game weren't your thing. While I only touched the beta, I found that to be just as difficult if not more comparatively to the soul series. Though I'm going to go into this one still because samurai dude. 

Great price for those who want to play it now. I’ll personally wait for the complete edition. By time I get to it, the complete edition should be $20-25.

Wondering the same thing myself. Excellent price if it’s a game that won’t frustrate the hell out of me, otherwise I have plenty to play in my backlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in this game. Just don't have that kind of time anymore. Wish it had a super easy​ mode. Looks cool tho.

Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in this game. Just don't have that kind of time anymore. Wish it had a super easy​ mode. Looks cool tho.
This is the exact same reason I didn't really enjoy Dark Souls/Bloodborne that much compared to Demon's Souls. Back when Demon's Souls was released I was barely getting into college and had the time of the world, which meant that I could spend dozens of hours trying to figure out how every dumb mechanic in the game worked. I guess I'm skipping Nioh too.

JK just purchased a copy

Is there going to be a complete edition for this game on ps4?

I was wondering about this too. I think there's a physical complete version released in Japan.

I usually see these massive price drops / liquidations right around Black Friday as a sign of insider info of a re-release, in this case, the complete version. With how slowly KOEI has been milking Nioh's price point, I don't see this massive drop as anything other than evidence of a re-release. Pass!
Physical complete edition will likely not be available in the US. Why? Because the game is published by Sony in the US, not KT. A perfect example is Bloodborne, another Sony published third party game that never got the complete edition here but does elsewhere in the world.

I bought this earlier in the summer for $20. 100% more frustrating than dark souls 1-3, bloodborne, and demons souls.

mostly my fault but dislike how cheap enemies hit and hurt and how fast and unpredictable they are. Bosses pissed me off so much more than any dark souls boss (except for demon's MANEATER)

I am waiting for a complete physical copy, unless the DLC season pass/complete edition hit a super sale.

What's the status of the PS4 firmware update where complete/gold editions will not be saved as a new save file? I would prefer to get the complete edition but continue my NG+ save rather than start from beginning.

I have it already but I need to say what the damn hell? So random
The Last Guardian was a random one too. They need to do one more to complete the randomness... Gravity Rush 2.

Maybe even Knack 2 to complete all the games Sony published this year. I know it's $20 over at Gamestop but would like it more at BB. ;)

[quote name="MPoWeRM3" post="13883862" timestamp="1511211837"]The Last Guardian was a random one too. They need to do one more to complete the randomness... Gravity Rush 2.

Maybe even Knack 2 to complete all the games Sony published this year. I know it's $20 over at Gamestop but would like it more at BB. ;)[/quote

Knack 2 is currently $20 at Best Buy

My fear with this game is that, since there's a significant amount of DLC released thus far, won't they likely release an Ultimate/Game of the Year/Complete edition the way Dark Souls III did?

Physical complete edition will likely not be available in the US. Why? Because the game is published by Sony in the US, not KT. A perfect example is Bloodborne, another Sony published third party game that never got the complete edition here but does elsewhere in the world.
I'd almost rather putz around in the Japanese Complete Edition (has English dub, at least) and not know what I'm doing.

I hate this -- at least Bloodborne was released complete in English outside the US.

I'd almost rather putz around in the Japanese Complete Edition (has English dub, at least) and not know what I'm doing.

I hate this -- at least Bloodborne was released complete in English outside the US.
Yep, Sony of America needs to get with the program.

bread's done
Back