* * * * * 2 votes

Nioh $19.99 ($15.99 w/GCU) @ Best Buy

#31 cpksyr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

In September I bought something using the BB Android App and it asked me at checkout if I wanted to apply my 10% birthday coupon.  Did you try from the iOS or Android app?  

The email I got had a link to click to get the deal.  I assume if you did that and then put the game in your cart it should probably also work.

I tried the app yeah. I honestly might just be a total moron here. I don't see any area to apply the discount either on desktop or mobile. There's an area where it should be, it says My Best Buy Rewards and Offers. This is considered an "offer" in my account but that area is empty. It's not a big deal, like I said it's $1.50. But I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't strive to save every cent as a matter of principle.

I'll just buy it, and when I pick it up show the offer. If they can add it, cool. If not, oh well.

#32 mawarup   CAG STILL in Training CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

I would just pass on this game if the souls game weren't your thing. While I only touched the beta, I found that to be just as difficult if not more comparatively to the soul series. Though I'm going to go into this one still because samurai dude. 

#33 outlaw4728   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

outlaw4728

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

Awesome deal.  In for 1.  I've been waiting for this game to lower in price for a while.  Thanks OP!

#34 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Great price for those who want to play it now. I’ll personally wait for the complete edition. By time I get to it, the complete edition should be $20-25.

#35 diishen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

In for 1 as well, thanks OP!

#36 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2622 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Wondering the same thing myself. Excellent price if it’s a game that won’t frustrate the hell out of me, otherwise I have plenty to play in my backlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in this game. Just don't have that kind of time anymore. Wish it had a super easy​ mode. Looks cool tho.
  • Evilv6 likes this

#37 proKoyeon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

seems like a really low price for this, in for one

#38 showtimefolks  

showtimefolks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in this game. Just don't have that kind of time anymore. Wish it had a super easy​ mode. Looks cool tho.

I wish all games came with settings to change the platitude according to gamers needs

Some of us want to play games for story

#39 Evilv6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

This is the exact same reason I didn't really enjoy Dark Souls/Bloodborne that much compared to Demon's Souls. Back when Demon's Souls was released I was barely getting into college and had the time of the world, which meant that I could spend dozens of hours trying to figure out how every dumb mechanic in the game worked. I guess I'm skipping Nioh too.

JK just purchased a copy

• Sindur likes this

#40 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Damn got this and Yakuza over the summer for 50, should of waited.

#41 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8604 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

As others have said.....I want this....but I don't like frustratingly difficult games.

#42 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Is there going to be a complete edition for this game on ps4?

I was wondering about this too. I think there's a physical complete version released in Japan.

I usually see these massive price drops / liquidations right around Black Friday as a sign of insider info of a re-release, in this case, the complete version.  With how slowly KOEI has been milking Nioh's price point, I don't see this massive drop as anything other than evidence of a re-release.  Pass!

Physical complete edition will likely not be available in the US. Why? Because the game is published by Sony in the US, not KT. A perfect example is Bloodborne, another Sony published third party game that never got the complete edition here but does elsewhere in the world.

#43 dblo7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

I bought this earlier in the summer for $20. 100% more frustrating than dark souls 1-3, bloodborne, and demons souls.

mostly my fault but dislike how cheap enemies hit and hurt and how fast and unpredictable they are. Bosses pissed me off so much more than any dark souls boss (except for demon's MANEATER)

I am waiting for a complete physical copy, unless the DLC season pass/complete edition hit a super sale.

What's the status of the PS4 firmware update where complete/gold editions will not be saved as a new save file? I would prefer to get the complete edition but continue my NG+ save rather than start from beginning.

#44 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

I have it already but I need to say what the damn hell? So random

The Last Guardian was a random one too. They need to do one more to complete the randomness... Gravity Rush 2.

Maybe even Knack 2 to complete all the games Sony published this year. I know it's $20 over at Gamestop but would like it more at BB. ;)

#45 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8604 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

Delete sorry

#46 Shaggy0131   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Shaggy0131

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

[quote name="MPoWeRM3" post="13883862" timestamp="1511211837"]The Last Guardian was a random one too. They need to do one more to complete the randomness... Gravity Rush 2.

Maybe even Knack 2 to complete all the games Sony published this year. I know it's $20 over at Gamestop but would like it more at BB. ;)[/quote

Knack 2 is currently $20 at Best Buy

#47 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1919 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

My fear with this game is that, since there's a significant amount of DLC released thus far, won't they likely release an Ultimate/Game of the Year/Complete edition the way Dark Souls III did?

#48 Gamelore   Dark Elf Cleric CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Gamelore

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

Physical complete edition will likely not be available in the US. Why? Because the game is published by Sony in the US, not KT. A perfect example is Bloodborne, another Sony published third party game that never got the complete edition here but does elsewhere in the world.

I'd almost rather putz around in the Japanese Complete Edition (has English dub, at least) and not know what I'm doing.

I hate this -- at least Bloodborne was released complete in English outside the US.

#49 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

I'd almost rather putz around in the Japanese Complete Edition (has English dub, at least) and not know what I'm doing.

I hate this -- at least Bloodborne was released complete in English outside the US.

Yep, Sony of America needs to get with the program.

#50 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

[quote name="MPoWeRM3" post="13883862" timestamp="1511211837"]The Last Guardian was a random one too. They need to do one more to complete the randomness... Gravity Rush 2.

Maybe even Knack 2 to complete all the games Sony published this year. I know it's $20 over at Gamestop but would like it more at BB. ;)[/quote

Knack 2 is currently $20 at Best Buy

Just looked, it's $40.

#51 Shaggy0131   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Shaggy0131

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Just looked, it's $40.

It's $20 with now with Elite early access. But it should be available for everyone on Thursday or Friday

#52 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

It's $20 with now with Elite early access. But it should be available for everyone on Thursday or Friday

Ah, ic.

#53 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5731 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

Might also want to know that when its actually BF the GCU will not apply to it so it will be $20 not $15.99

#54 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:18 AM

Is the real game easier than the demo? That demo was hard as a mother f-ker.

#55 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:30 AM

Thank you OP!  This was the only BF game I wanted.  I'll be at home on the couch eating leftover turkey, suckers!

#56 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3585 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

Is the real game easier than the demo? That demo was hard as a mother f-ker.

They did drop the difficulty in the full game as opposed to the demos, especially the alpha. I don't know how much has changed since I platinumed the game when it first came out but there were some pretty strong builds that made the game a lot more manageable. I'd still say stay away if you hate the Souls games' mechanics though. It's an awesome game if you can handle some challenge and #2 behind Breath of the Wild for my GOTY at the moment.

#57 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:40 AM

They did drop the difficulty in the full game as opposed to the demos, especially the alpha. I don't know how much has changed since I platinumed the game when it first came out but there were some pretty strong builds that made the game a lot more manageable. I'd still say stay away if you hate the Souls games' mechanics though. It's an awesome game if you can handle some challenge and #2 behind Breath of the Wild for my GOTY at the moment.

Yeah, I'll probably still stay away. I'm not a Souls guy. I was just interested in this since I enjoyed the Ninja Gaiden games but those have very different mechanics.

#58 vicious7171   Don't you dare call on me, old man! CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

vicious7171

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:55 AM

My GCU discount stacked on Nioh, but after ordering, GCU discount isn't showing up on any other item.  Is that a glitch or intentional?

EDIT:  So Nioh was the special case?  It would have been great if they all were GCU discounted!  

#59 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

Why not just save yourself money and watch let’s plays if you just want to blow through a game on the easiest setting?
  • scaryice likes this

#60 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3331 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

Why not just save yourself money and watch let’s plays if you just want to blow through a game on the easiest setting?

I'm the same way. Easiest setting all day every day. However the idea of watching someone else play makes my head explode. Seriously, in this day and age where apparently that's all the rage I can honestly say that other than what gets shown during a video review, I have never spent a second watching someone else play any game ever.

Playing a game at even the easiest setting is still a more involved and rewarding experience than simply watching someone else do it.
  • theflicker , Sindur and Kev Cyberpunk like this