- - - - -

Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition - $26.97 @Gamestop (just pick up?)

#1 krivas95  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:40 AM

https://m.gamestop.c...whoCYeAQAvD_BwE

Hey! For those who weren't able to get the deal at target ($15), I just found this in GameStop. I think it's a good deal considering that not too long ago it was still around $40-50. I'm not too familiar with GameStop as they are usually not my first choice (also I'm on my phone), but it seems like it's an only pick up offer?

#2 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

Thanks! Works for shipping on the desktop site, at least. Used code 'SAVER' to get free shipping.

Seems like a good price for the Ultimate Edition to me. I haven't been watching deals today too much, Target had UE for $15? I see it's sold out on Amazon.

Posted Image

#3 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3837 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

Damn I bought it digitally for 20, would have paid more to get the season pass and hd remaster

#4 krivas95  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

Yea, target merged the same codes for the standard and UE of Halo, so both had the same price. I was lucky that I took the last one at my target haha. Been watching it for a price drop, and felt so satisfied with this one.

I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't gotten the one at target, I would have probably bought this one

#5 soonerfreak  

soonerfreak

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:17 AM

This is the digital version that works with PC right? If so, I might get this, although it'd be nice to know if a Steam version is coming as happened with the first game.

This looks like a hard copy on my end. I'll get it if it's the play anywhere version.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#6 Troe123  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

What's the difference between ultimate edition & complete edition besides HW1: DE?

#7 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11296 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

What's the difference between ultimate edition & complete edition besides HW1: DE?

Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition come with Season Pass and Free Halo Wars HD Remastered version

Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition com with Season Pass and Awakening the Nightmare (stand alone DLC), Halo Wars HD Remastered is not included.

I rather get Ultimate version & Free HD Halo Wars Remastered version :)

"Evil is Funs"

#8 arthas045  

arthas045

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Got one reserved and ready for pickup. Thanks for the heads up I replaced this game with my CoDWW2 purchase.

#9 MrBigFeathers   Man on the Corner CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

MrBigFeathers

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

Thanks, I ordered it. I was going to get Halo Wars: DE for $10 in the Xbox sale but figured $17 was a good price for 2 with everything other than the new DLC.

Tonight's forecast... Dark.

#10 cosine100101   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

cosine100101

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get a copy at a local gamestop, and it was priced in store @ $20.

#11 PC Master Race  

PC Master Race

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

I went to GameStop for this deal and they gave me a "New" copy but never had a sticker on it and wasn't ever put in a plastic sleeve or sticker to keep it closed

#12 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

I went to GameStop for this deal and they gave me a "New" copy but never had a sticker on it and wasn't ever put in a plastic sleeve or sticker to keep it closed

I just got mine from this deal and yeah, it's clearly a used copy they are selling as new. They aren't even trying anymore to pass this shit off either, it's unwrapped and clearly used. Obviously they took used copies and threw in new codes to sell them as the ultimate version. I HOPE my codes work anyway haven't booted up the Xbox yet to try them. I'm pissed but as long as the codes work I'll probably keep it as I'm not a fan of used games but HW2 wasn't something I planned to play the hell out of so this copy should hold up as long as it wasn't abused too much.

#13 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

Deals dead back to 47 dollas

#14 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

This offer was available online.  I am very aggravated by it since I just received it in the mail and it clearly was pre-owned and not new.  It was not sealed and the card inside was slightly torn.  Yet online it was labeled as new.  I went to my local gamestop and the guy there, who was nice, was pretty honest that no local stores around have it available to exchange for a new copy.  He suggested that I speak to the online website people.  So frustrating.  If they don't replace what they sent me with a new copy I'm debating about contacting the better business bureau since they advertised the game as new.

#15 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6527 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

I saw this at Walmart for $30. Ymmv

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#16 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:15 AM

This offer was available online. I am very aggravated by it since I just received it in the mail and it clearly was pre-owned and not new. It was not sealed and the card inside was slightly torn. Yet online it was labeled as new. I went to my local gamestop and the guy there, who was nice, was pretty honest that no local stores around have it available to exchange for a new copy. He suggested that I speak to the online website people. So frustrating. If they don't replace what they sent me with a new copy I'm debating about contacting the better business bureau since they advertised the game as new.

I'm going to refuse delivery. I shouldn't have bought it anyway.

#17 Vulsker  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

I just got mine from this deal and yeah, it's clearly a used copy they are selling as new. They aren't even trying anymore to pass this shit off either, it's unwrapped and clearly used. Obviously they took used copies and threw in new codes to sell them as the ultimate version. I HOPE my codes work anyway haven't booted up the Xbox yet to try them. I'm pissed but as long as the codes work I'll probably keep it as I'm not a fan of used games but HW2 wasn't something I planned to play the hell out of so this copy should hold up as long as it wasn't abused too much.

I got my copy in the mail yesterday and it was exactly that. The case was broke and it looks like it has been owned. Absolutely no attempt at shrink wrapping which they are supposed to when its a new display copy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Winning!

921791.png

#18 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

My copy arrived today. It's sealed, but it's just the regular edition not the ultimate edition. G'job Gamestop

Posted Image

#19 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

I'll echo the comments that my 'new' copy looks like it was rode hard and put away wet. Fucking Lamestop.
Let's go O's!

#20 MrBigFeathers   Man on the Corner CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

MrBigFeathers

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

Same here. Mine wasn't sealed. I was pretty surprised the code still worked for Halo Wars: DE and the season pass. Luckily my disc looks new. I was going to complain but I will just keep it and let that be my last gamestop purchase.

Tonight's forecast... Dark.

#21 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Did yours have the xbox certificate of authenticity sticker that keeps the case closed?

#22 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:12 PM

Did yours have the xbox certificate of authenticity sticker that keeps the case closed?

Mine did not.

#23 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

Mine doesn't even have a GameStop price sticker. How am I even going to return this?

Final Fantasy XV is the most disappointing game ever made.

#24 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

Mine doesn't even have a GameStop price sticker. How am I even going to return this?

Bring you packing slip with the game.

Got mine and there was no shrink  wrap but it had one of those round stickers they use to keep the case closed. If these are coming from the warehouse, what reason would they have to open them?

I returned mine.

#25 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

Mine did not.

Then you know it's used. Mine from GS did have the sticker.

#26 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

Then you know it's used. Mine from GS did have the sticker.

Oh, I'm aware.  I called customer service as soon as I got home from talking to my local gamestop.  It took nearly 2 hours to get them on the phone.  I was told that they were going to ship a new version and I should receive it within 3-5 business days but they refused to send an e-mail confirmation or put anything on my online account (pretty concerning, I know).  I asked them what would happen if it did not arrive in that timeframe and they said to call back.  I guess we will see what will happen.

#27 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

My copy arrived today. It's sealed, but it's just the regular edition not the ultimate edition. G'job Gamestop

I called GS when this happened and they shipped me a replacement. Got the Ultimate Edition and it's sealed, finally. Plus I guess an extra standard edition copy, I suppose.

Posted Image

#28 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:49 AM

It's okay. I never buy anything from GS because of their shitty policies and dishonesty regarding selling used games as new for years and only made an exception here because that was a great deal. I just paid for a remedial lesson in that I will not ever again order from them. Not mad, just saying, this was a reminder why I don't give them my business.

#29 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

We all say that then a good deal pops up and we roll the dice...

#30 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

I see that the halo wars 1 definitive edition included with this is a code, is it sold seperately online without buying the ultimate edition and if so how much does it cost ??