SNES Classic @ Best Buy 11/25 / In Store ONLY

I'm beginning to hate Nintendo just based on the amount of times I have to see "SNES Classic" written/talked about everywhere.

The Mckinney, TX store had 40 or 50. There were about 10 people in line when I showed up at 8:30. 30 or so when the store opened. There were 15 or so left on the table at the front of the store once I left. Happy to finally have one, and I “only” paid retail!

Not too bad.  I picked up one at the front checkout around 10 am without a ticket.  They had them under the counter, so I have no clue what they had left.

Guys gamestop usually have these throughout the week if anyone is interested
* Usually

Besides trading in games at GS, I honestly hate going into the store just to browse or ask them a question.

Side note/rant. I am really starting to get annoyed that stores aren't willingly posting whether or not they have stock, through their online stock checker (for stores such as best buy, walmart, gamestop that have a stock checker). That or if it is in stock, not being able to just purchase it through the website for store pickup. I know they use these type of promos as bait to get you into the store, in hopes of buying other crap, but I just want to set it for store pickup and be in and out within 5-10 minutes. I don't want to go to the store on the premise they MIGHT have it in stock, as I'm wasting gas/time doing so if they run out. I hate wild goose chases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to gamestop thanksgiving night at almost closing and the manager said he'd had one all week, just no one else asked. So I would try them too

JUS casually walked into BB hoping for the best but prepared for the worst...

Didn't see anything and was gonna leave but decided to maybe jus this one, ASK FOR AN ASSIST, So when some colored fellow walked by I asked him whats up since the Y T in video games was having a long winded convo with a soccer mom so was gonna be a while.. 

Anyways Julio(p/nametag) came THRU!!

[attachment=28792:SNES CLassic.JPG]

^^^  S C O R E 

1pm CST, Brookfield, WI. 

oNe

p.s. BB strictly ENFORCING 1 p/customer.. this being the one time I went by myself. wanted one to gift to the nieces and nephews.. 

Didn't see anything and was gonna leave but decided to maybe jus this one, ASK FOR AN ASSIST, So when some colored fellow walked by I asked him whats up since the Y T in video games was having a long winded convo with a soccer mom so was gonna be a while..

attachicon.gif
SNES CLassic.JPG

^^^ S C O R E

1pm CST, Brookfield, WI.

oNe

p.s. BB strictly ENFORCING 1 p/customer.. this being the one time I went by myself. wanted one to gift to the nieces and nephews..
Your in my woods..... Its my area I peed all over it

attachicon.gif
SNES CLassic.JPG

^^^ S C O R E

1pm CST, Brookfield, WI.

oNe

this guy!!!

must be a Trump supporter

attachicon.gif
SNES CLassic.JPG

^^^ S C O R E

1pm CST, Brookfield, WI.

oNe

You know that "colored fellow" is a person too right? or maybe not according to you. There is no need for you to refer to him as "colored fellow", you could have just said this "guy" or "employee". No need to mention something that is not relevant to the situation.

I can't imagine how exciting it must be to still be alive for the nostalgic re-release of a console, that when it originally released 25+ years ago, you were still too old to reasonably understand how to use it.

Not mention it's made by those damn japanese...

edit: damn it now that the comment was deleted the context here is... sketchy. delete this quick!

I can't imagine how exciting it must be to still be alive for the nostalgic re-release of a console, that when it originally released 25+ years ago, you were still too old to reasonably understand how to use it.

Not mention it's made by those damn japanese...
we have another one :shock:

* Usually

Besides trading in games at GS, I honestly hate going into the store just to browse or ask them a question.

Side note/rant. I am really starting to get annoyed that stores aren't willingly posting whether or not they have stock, through their online stock checker (for stores such as best buy, walmart, gamestop that have a stock checker). That or if it is in stock, not being able to just purchase it through the website for store pickup. I know they use these type of promos as bait to get you into the store, in hopes of buying other crap, but I just want to set it for store pickup and be in and out within 5-10 minutes. I don't want to go to the store on the premise they MIGHT have it in stock, as I'm wasting gas/time doing so if they run out. I hate wild goose chases.
Place the item on hold from the GameStop website and wait for an email confirmation. Once confirmed, call the store to very that they actually placed the item on hold for you (One time they placed it on hold for me and didn't even have it in stock). But yeah I agree that GameStop should have a purchase for store pickup option on their website.

Well just got home from lunch with the in laws to celebrate my daughters second birthday. We left a bit early to swing by gamestop because my wife wanted to try and get me one for Christmas and they had one of those cages locked up with a handful of these and switches. So excited.

Reported the above user. This type of language has no place in the CAG community.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA2hHPPwtmQ[/youtube]

I couldn't tell if the poster is just very old and thought that was acceptable somehow, or what.

Best buy had a huge pile again today. Not idea why people are waiting for them. Saw them at least 4 different stores while out shopping today. If youre in nor cal or reno they are EVERYWHERE

No dice just casually strolling into places at 3PM in the Philadelphia area.  Not in the market, was just curious.

best buy employee told me that he spoke with a nintendo rep. and he said that after November  Ninty is focusing on manufacturing more Super NES.   systems.

Thanks for posting this! I live in South Dakota so when my stores have gotten past shipments, there was very few available. Most I heard of was 15 in one shipment. I walked in today at about noon after seeing this, didn't see any sitting around anywhere and eventually found an employee I used to work with there a few years back. They had some green tickets we needed to grab before buying them. Got ticket 55, seemed like there may have been 20 or so left. Unfortunately there was a limit of 1 and they didn't have any wireless controllers.

TL;DR Thanks for posting this, I finally got one! 

Since they were supposed to release today (read that in this thread), do you think it’s worth hitting them up this morning? I never could get anyone to answer the phone yesterday so I don’t know if they sold them early.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Since they were supposed to release today (read that in this thread), do you think it’s worth hitting them up this morning? I never could get anyone to answer the phone yesterday so I don’t know if they sold them early.

I believe they were mistaken about today being the launch day. BB corporate site had a posting stating Saturday was the day. I would take corporate over a random store any day. Regardless if you really want one it wouldn’t hurt to drive in and check

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/11/24/prepare-snes-classic-restocks-best-buy-toysrus/

According to this article you could check toys r us Monday.

I finally got one at Walmart. The employees are still lying about inventory and scalping. The employee said they have zero and wouldn't show me the count on his screen. I didn't want to be that guy, but I asked for a manager who promptly found 12. Don't believe what employees tell you. The counts on brickseek are accurate and update within a few minutes.

Place the item on hold from the GameStop website and wait for an email confirmation. Once confirmed, call the store to very that they actually placed the item on hold for you (One time they placed it on hold for me and didn't even have it in stock). But yeah I agree that GameStop should have a purchase for store pickup option on their website.
I was talking about the SNES Classic, which has an online product page on whatever retailer's website (best buy, walmart, gamestop, etc.), BUT you can't see whether it is in stock at those respective stores. It's essentially useless having an online listing as it's never in stock to buy online, and the fact that you can't check in-store stock makes it even more pointless having a product page.

I finally got one at Walmart. The employees are still lying about inventory and scalping. The employee said they have zero and wouldn't show me the count on his screen. I didn't want to be that guy, but I asked for a manager who promptly found 12. Don't believe what employees tell you. The counts on brickseek are accurate and update within a few minutes.
Yeah it's bull crap. There was supposed to be stock at a local walmart, looking at brickseek and another stock checker, but I ask and the guy walks me over to the shelf and tells me "nope, been sold out for the past 3-4 weeks". I didn't even press it, as it was late and I knew asking another employee would be pointless. It is just annoying how lazy the employees are. They don't even make it seem like they're trying to be helpful.

Thanks for the tip, I managed to get one at my local Walmart. I would have saved myself some time doing that first instead of driving up to Best Buy.

bread's done
Back