Best Buy Ad 12/3-12/9: Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Steep: Winter Games Edition $59.99
  • :ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition $49.99
  • :ps4: Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package $49.99
Everything Else:

• Buy One, Get One 50% Off on select XB1/PS4 Games (Excludes pre-owned and digital games, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/select-games-offer/pcmcat1511299634630.c?id=pcmcat1511299634630)
  • PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II Bundle $299.99
  • Free Holiday Knit Sackboy Stubbins Plush with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft Complete Adventure Bundle $229.99 Save $50
  • Save $10 on a 12-Months of Xbox Live Gold Membership with purchase of an Xbox One S Console
  • Save $5 on a Minecraft Xbox One Wireless Controller with purchase of Minecraft Explorers Pack Game
  • Save $5 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers (Excludes White, Black and Elite)
  • Save $20 on select Collector's Edition Game Guides (Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Origins and Call of Duty WWII pictured)
  • Afterglow AG9 Wireless Gaming Headset $69.99 Save $10
  • Turtle Beach Recon 150 Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 $49.99 Save $20
  • Call of Duty Tiger 1 Battle R/C Tank $29.99 Save $10
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Despicable Me 3 $19.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99 Save $5
  • Despicable Me 3 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • American Assassin $19.99 Save $3
  • American Assassin Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99
  • American Assassin 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Jumanji 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $22.99 Save $2
  • Men in Black Trilogy 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $3
  • John Wick/John Wick Chapter 2 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $10

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

If the B1G1 stacks with GCU (as it should), this could be great for games that weren’t part of the BF sales.

Presumably 3DS, Switch, and what remains of Wii U software will be the week after as usual. Gotta be patient, sit on my hands, and hope the titles I want don't go out of stock in the meantime. (RIP Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam & Mario Party: Star Rush)

Really wish I could go back in time and partake in Target's B2G1 sale. Pretty pissed that I waited it out for better deals for Black Friday. Should have known better.

If the B1G1 stacks with GCU (as it should), this could be great for games that weren’t part of the BF sales.
For full priced games, it would be $36 plus tax per game. I was kinda hoping for a B2G1F though, where each game would be $32.

I'm trying to do the math though, because I might be down to get some $40 games like L.A.. Noire and something else. Sucks it doesn't apply to 3DS or Switch games though.

Presumably 3DS, Switch, and what remains of Wii U software will be the week after as usual. Gotta be patient, sit on my hands, and hope the titles I want don't go out of stock in the meantime. (RIP Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam & Mario Party: Star Rush)

Really wish I could go back in time and partake in Target's B2G1 sale. Pretty pissed that I waited it out for better deals for Black Friday. Should have known better.
I pulled the trigger on Mario/Luigi: Superstar Saga, and both Ultra Pokemon games during the Target B2G1F a few weeks ago, but I haven't opened them yet just in case BB has a better sale that they are eligible for.

I pulled the trigger on Mario/Luigi: Superstar Saga, and both Ultra Pokemon games during the Target B2G1F a few weeks ago, but I haven't opened them yet just in case BB has a better sale that they are eligible for.
I had six 3DS games I wanted, all which Target had in stock, but seeing $160 pop up in the shopping cart total caused me to hesitate, which I now regret. M&L: Paper Jam is out of print and soon to rise above MSRP and MP: Star Rush will soon follow suit.

Probably grab Mario and Luigi SS and Monster Hunter Stories

Well nevermind. Need to read better

Last edited:
Paper jam is out of stock where? On bestbuy? What was the price? I totally missed that one, was too busy looking for clearance games.

Probably going to pick up HZD complete and Crash to go with the PS4 Slim I got on BF. If GCU stacks, then $39.99 on HZD + $19.99 Crash = $60ish pre tax. Hopefully my $45 in pending rewards will post before then or I'm going to be pissed 

Is this usually the case? I have to get gifts for the little nieces and nephews. Good to know.

since it says discludes preowned and digital for the B1G1 but doesn't say preorders. you think we can do that?

Edit: just realized someone else asked right before me. i should learn to refresh.

Paper jam is out of stock where? On bestbuy? What was the price? I totally missed that one, was too busy looking for clearance games.
Yeah, Paper Jam doesn't show up in search anymore on BestBuy.com. Since Star Rush sold out yesterday it may be soon delisted as well.

Is this usually the case? I have to get gifts for the little nieces and nephews. Good to know.
Last year the Nintendo equivalent started on 12/11: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/360000-best-buy-ad-1211-1217-buy-one-get-the-second-40-off-on-nintendo-wii-u3ds-games/

Well on march it was B1G1 40% off and when you add it to cart 3 games instead of 2, the 2nd and 3rd game received the discount.

Waiting for the glitch to happen....

Does anyone know when CS will be open again in store? I know they close during the holidays, but I need to return a Logitech mouse. TIA

Yeah, Nintendo sale is usually the week after. But the week before is usually B2G1 on XONE/PS4, so...

If you're ever hesitant this time of year, look into the retailer's holiday return policy. BB's and Target's usually start for purchases made at the beginning of Nov. and will allow you to return till mid-late Jan. or even later. This year, the Target B2G1 carried over from Oct. into Nov., so you would've needed to wait a few days, in which time the games could've gone OOS. In that case, I would rather be safe than sorry and place an early and late order. The early order would even give you time to cover Black Friday deals.

I hope I'm wrong, but with the success of the Switch, I don't think Nintendo will allow Best Buy to do such a sale with Switch games included.  3DS maybe.

Only two games I want for the XBOX ONE/PS4 are South Park Fractured But Whole(PS4) and Assassins Creed Origins for the XBOX ONE..on BF South Park was 34.99 at best buy same for assassins creed..the rest of the games I want are on the switch

Saw that starting on Friday TRU will have buy  1 get one 40 percent off Switch games not sure if its better to just wait to see what best buy has to offer next week when their ad comes out

Probably use this on games like LA Noire and PUBG (if they allow preorders). Figure those probably won’t go on sale before Christmas.

I’m assuming like most on here that GCU will apply on the B1G1 deal. Really good deal for anyone using a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Freedom credit card with the Chase Pay app. They’re doing 10x points on Best Buy in-store purchases using that app.

since it says discludes preowned and digital for the B1G1 but doesn't say preorders. you think we can do that?
I think that is the first time I have ever heard the word "discludes", and kind of surprised about that.

Also, didn't the last few xbox b2g1 type sales only work for "select" games?

bread's done
Back