- - - - -

Destiny 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC) - $26 on Amazon

#1 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

Destiny 2 - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPNX59W

Destiny 2 - Xbox One Standard Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPLD1C6

Destiny 2 - PC Standard Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPPQD2V

Sorry if the post looks odd, on mobile.

#2 Holdmyown83   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Holdmyown83

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

Have it on PS4 but Damn I do need an Xbox version for just in case they get their shit together soon.

#3 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

Damn. I might have to reconsider at this price point.

#4 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

Picked up a copy for 1X support

#5 Evilv6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

That's the lowest price I've seen for the PC version.

I enjoyed playing Destiny 1 just for the single player because I'm just too old to get into the multiplayer stuff. Would anyone recommend to get it just for the single player campaign? or is it THAT bad?

#6 dualrec  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

I enjoyed playing Destiny 1 just for the single player because I'm just too old to get into the multiplayer stuff. Would anyone recommend to get it just for the single player campaign? or is it THAT bad?

I enjoyed the campaign.

#7 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

I’ve really enjoyed Destiny 2 as well. It just sucks that they are trying to screw over their player base with the XP debacle and the micro transactions.

#8 nnthomas   meeble meeble CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

Keep an eye on bungie today, they are supposed to put out a blog detailing the future because Destiny 2 has had a rocky 3 months with all the changes they've made from the final years of D1. A lot of veterans of D1 do not like the direction D2 has taken.

#9 boostlag   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

boostlag

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

Bought it because of the hype trade it in after few hours because its just a repetitive bullet sponge game.

#10 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

Does anyone think we could PM at Best Buy, or does this deal fall under their price match "exclusions" list since it's a special daily sale?

#11 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3467 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

Does anyone think we could PM at Best Buy, or does this deal fall under their price match "exclusions" list since it's a special daily sale?

In my experience as long as it says it's shipped and sold by Amazon they'll match it.

#12 stnkygrngo   CAGringo CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

stnkygrngo

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

I enjoyed the campaign.

The reviews on XBL say it is basically a tutorial for the multiplayer. I hope the mess around this and BF2 causes developers go back to to a Season Pass or DLC and away from pay to win micros. I was just starting to get on board with Deluxe or Gold editions for $40 more with everything prepaid upfront.

Forza I'll go all in for because you save a bunch if you are into collecting and driving the cars. You can always scoop up a season pass later and get the DLC campaigns for a cheaper entry fee like UbiSoft games. Its almost clockwork with them. Wait 4 months and everything is 40% at least for A.C. and Tom Clancy games.

#13 avenger82  

avenger82

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

If you go into the game not expecting a 100+ hour MMO then you will likely really enjoy this game. I was obsessed with this game for about 3-4 weeks and have played the raid multiple times and still enjoy it. For $50 I feel like I got more than enough content out of the game. It's mainly hardcore Destiny fans that are (rightfully) upset about the lack of meaningful endgame content. And with the Curse of Osiris DLC coming out in a few days there will probably be a bump in activity so you should be able to easily find people for raids or strikes. 

#14 avenger82  

avenger82

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

The reviews on XBL say it is basically a tutorial for the multiplayer. I hope the mess around this and BF2 causes developers go back to to a Season Pass or DLC and away from pay to win micros. I was just starting to get on board with Deluxe or Gold editions for $40 more with everything prepaid upfront.

Forza I'll go all in for because you save a bunch if you are into collecting and driving the cars. You can always scoop up a season pass later and get the DLC campaigns for a cheaper entry fee like UbiSoft games. Its almost clockwork with them. Wait 4 months and everything is 40% at least for A.C. and Tom Clancy games.

Destiny 2 isn't pay to win though. The only microtransactions in the game are for bright engrams which give you cosmetic items, and you get a ton of these through regular gameplay anyways. There are DLC expansions but there is still plenty of content in the vanilla version. 

#15 Dr0p   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Destiny 2 isn't pay to win though. The only microtransactions in the game are for bright engrams which give you cosmetic items, and you get a ton of these through regular gameplay anyways. There are DLC expansions but there is still plenty of content in the vanilla version.

There's what 4 strikes with no gear, adventures which is just audio snippets and a cave, and you don't earn a ton of bright engrams, you earn a "ton" of tokens.

#16 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

There's what 4 strikes with no gear, adventures which is just audio snippets and a cave, and you don't earn a ton of bright engrams, you earn a "ton" of tokens.

You forgot to mention the shit pvp and no option to choose what gametype, and strikes are meaningless as well. Why do a 15 minute mission that gives you trash when you can do a shit event or adventure in a couple minutes thats more rewarding? They have so many issues to fix.

I hope they get their heads out of their asses and start appealing to Destiny players not casuals who will beat this game in less than ten hours and never play again. I really want to like this game but there is no endgame and I wish there was so I can switch to PC and play this.

#17 MajorMullet   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

MajorMullet

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for this, stopped by my local Best Buy and price matched my pre-ordered PC copy.  Got the $10 rewards certificate for pre-ordering and got 23.59 refunded today.  Nice!

#18 Mysticales   Battle Mystic Mystaria CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Mysticales

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

I used to play Destiny 1 on PS4 a lot.. but then stopped over time.. 

Unsure if I want to do that grind in Destiny 2 with dlc after dlc... and if I did, PC version. 

Anyone able to explain why I should even consider the game and/or why on PC it maybe a better purchase over PS4 this go around?

#19 gogomo  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Anyone able to explain why I should even consider the game and/or why on PC it maybe a better purchase over PS4 this go around?

If it helps, there's a free trial on both consoles and on PC.  From what my friends tell me, the PC version offers better graphics (depending on your hardware, obviously) and slightly different gunplay.  Recoil is much more manageable so every gun is more accurate than on console.  Those are the only main differences I've heard of.

#20 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

I was also able to PM at Best Buy as well.  Going to hang onto this and check out the free trial on PC for now. Thanks for the heads up.

#21 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:21 AM

Keep an eye on bungie today, they are supposed to put out a blog detailing the future because Destiny 2 has had a rocky 3 months with all the changes they've made from the final years of D1. A lot of veterans of D1 do not like the direction D2 has taken.

Spoiler

#22 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

I’ve really enjoyed Destiny 2 as well. It just sucks that they are trying to screw over their player base with the XP debacle and the micro transactions.

Battlefront 2 should be the Begining of the end of micro transactions aka pay to win

#23 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3783 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

I feel like this game deserves a Taylor swift soundtrack

#24 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Thats the farthest thing from the truth though, lol.

#25 Dr0p   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Designed XP scaling system so you don't get bright engrams to fast, to get you to spend real money.

Yeah that doesn't sound right.

#26 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

Designed XP scaling system so you don't get bright engrams to fast, to get you to spend real money.

Yeah that doesn't sound right.

That isn't what they were doing.  They noticed that people were exploiting the game (with the public event/fast travel glitch), and if you were gaining XP at a faster rate then you should have been able to, they were throttling you.  Thats basically the complete run down.  Yes it was stupid they did it, and they should have been open and upfront about it, but its not what people think its all about.

Yet, just like everyone with the Battlefront issue people were freaking out for no reason.  Most of the people that were upset haven't even played Destiny 2.  They are outsiders yelling into the echo chamber.  Outrage culture at its finest!

#27 waltercartman   Don't Be A Dingus CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

waltercartman

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

That isn't what they were doing. They noticed that people were exploiting the game (with the public event/fast travel glitch), and if you were gaining XP at a faster rate then you should have been able to, they were throttling you. Thats basically the complete run down. Yes it was stupid they did it, and they should have been open and upfront about it, but its not what people think its all about.

Yet, just like everyone with the Battlefront issue people were freaking out for no reason. Most of the people that were upset haven't even played Destiny 2. They are outsiders yelling into the echo chamber. Outrage culture at its finest!

Any outrage that helps kill loot box crap in full price games is valued. You know this as well but dang isn’t it fun being on the other side.

#28 Dr0p   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

That isn't what they were doing. They noticed that people were exploiting the game (with the public event/fast travel glitch), and if you were gaining XP at a faster rate then you should have been able to, they were throttling you. Thats basically the complete run down. Yes it was stupid they did it, and they should have been open and upfront about it, but its not what people think its all about.

Yet, just like everyone with the Battlefront issue people were freaking out for no reason. Most of the people that were upset haven't even played Destiny 2. They are outsiders yelling into the echo chamber. Outrage culture at its finest!

Yes try to discredit me but assuming I didn't buy d2.

Found Luke Smith.

#29 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

Any outrage that helps kill loot box crap in full price games is valued. You know this as well but dang isn’t it fun being on the other side.

The problem is, that is how the game is sustained with the events. It pays for the live team that keeps the game moving in between DLC releases. If people want to buy items that effect the gameplay in no way shape or form, I have ZERO problem with it.  Especially when it gives us something to come back and play for free.

#30 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

Yes try to discredit me but assuming I didn't buy d2.

Found Luke Smith.

I didn’t say you, I said most of the people.