- - - - -

Destiny 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC) - $26 on Amazon

#31 Dr0p   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

I didn’t say you, I said most of the people.

My bad, sorry for calling you luke smith.

#32 waltercartman   Don't Be A Dingus CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

waltercartman

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

The problem is, that is how the game is sustained with the events. It pays for the live team that keeps the game moving in between DLC releases. If people want to buy items that effect the gameplay in no way shape or form, I have ZERO problem with it. Especially when it gives us something to come back and play for free.

At this point we all should be standing together on this. Gameplay or cosmic in a loot box with real cash should be stopped.

We should not give an inch on this. If you like cosmic items then why shouldn’t you be able to just buy it without the gambling aspect?

Edit: Obviously I mean in full price games.

#33 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:44 AM

That isn't what they were doing. They noticed that people were exploiting the game (with the public event/fast travel glitch), and if you were gaining XP at a faster rate then you should have been able to, they were throttling you. Thats basically the complete run down. Yes it was stupid they did it, and they should have been open and upfront about it, but its not what people think its all about.

Yet, just like everyone with the Battlefront issue people were freaking out for no reason. Most of the people that were upset haven't even played Destiny 2. They are outsiders yelling into the echo chamber. Outrage culture at its finest!

Fanboy triggered. You can defend them all you want, they still lied to us and stole our time by making it so we had to grind longer to get bright engrams. Did they ever say it they implemented the system to stop people from exploiting the XP system? Why punish someone like me who just enjoyed going into the world they made and spending a couple hours grinding away at their public events?

#34 Evilv6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

That isn't what they were doing.  They noticed that people were exploiting the game (with the public event/fast travel glitch), and if you were gaining XP at a faster rate then you should have been able to, they were throttling you.  Thats basically the complete run down.  Yes it was stupid they did it, and they should have been open and upfront about it, but its not what people think its all about.

Then why not ban/send a notification to those players letting them know XP was no longer going to be working as intended? They still lied as far as I'm aware.

#35 dkstariob   Banned Banned   399 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

I like reading these threads since it pretty much confirms that quitting after D1 and not committing to D2 was one of the best gaming decisions I have made.  Bungie...keep being you.  

#36 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:17 AM

Fanboy triggered. You can defend them all you want, they still lied to us and stole our time by making it so we had to grind longer to get bright engrams. Did they ever say it they implemented the system to stop people from exploiting the XP system? Why punish someone like me who just enjoyed going into the world they made and spending a couple hours grinding away at their public events?

Not really a fanboy, just a fan of the game.  I also haven't played it in 3 weeks, so I am not sure that would qualify me anyways.

The XP throttling letter to fans specifically mentioned that it was implemented to stop people from getting XP gains faster than normal by repeating activities in a certain manner.  

If you were playing normally you should have not been affected.  Now, if you were playing a public event, fast traveling to the same location and playing the same event in a different instance, I don't see why throttling that is a problem.  People were exploiting that to the MAX.

Do you even really care about the bright engrams?  This is why all this stuff doesn't trigger me.  I don't care about the loot boxes, would never buy silver.  Hell, I get enough free bright dust just by playing the game.  And I could care less about the bright engrams.  You hardly ever actually see your character, so why do I care what color my armor is, or what ornament my gun has?  None of it bothers me.  But if people wanna pay for them, and that gives me free Christmas events, free Valentines Day events, etc etc.  I will take it.

#37 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

Showing up correctly in cart now.