Destiny 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC) - $26 on Amazon

That's the lowest price I've seen for the PC version.

I enjoyed playing Destiny 1 just for the single player because I'm just too old to get into the multiplayer stuff. Would anyone recommend to get it just for the single player campaign? or is it THAT bad?

I enjoyed playing Destiny 1 just for the single player because I'm just too old to get into the multiplayer stuff. Would anyone recommend to get it just for the single player campaign? or is it THAT bad?
I enjoyed the campaign.

I’ve really enjoyed Destiny 2 as well. It just sucks that they are trying to screw over their player base with the XP debacle and the micro transactions.

Keep an eye on bungie today, they are supposed to put out a blog detailing the future because Destiny 2 has had a rocky 3 months with all the changes they've made from the final years of D1. A lot of veterans of D1 do not like the direction D2 has taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone think we could PM at Best Buy, or does this deal fall under their price match "exclusions" list since it's a special daily sale?

Does anyone think we could PM at Best Buy, or does this deal fall under their price match "exclusions" list since it's a special daily sale?
In my experience as long as it says it's shipped and sold by Amazon they'll match it.

I enjoyed the campaign.
The reviews on XBL say it is basically a tutorial for the multiplayer. I hope the mess around this and BF2 causes developers go back to to a Season Pass or DLC and away from pay to win micros. I was just starting to get on board with Deluxe or Gold editions for $40 more with everything prepaid upfront.

Forza I'll go all in for because you save a bunch if you are into collecting and driving the cars. You can always scoop up a season pass later and get the DLC campaigns for a cheaper entry fee like UbiSoft games. Its almost clockwork with them. Wait 4 months and everything is 40% at least for A.C. and Tom Clancy games.

If you go into the game not expecting a 100+ hour MMO then you will likely really enjoy this game. I was obsessed with this game for about 3-4 weeks and have played the raid multiple times and still enjoy it. For $50 I feel like I got more than enough content out of the game. It's mainly hardcore Destiny fans that are (rightfully) upset about the lack of meaningful endgame content. And with the Curse of Osiris DLC coming out in a few days there will probably be a bump in activity so you should be able to easily find people for raids or strikes.

The reviews on XBL say it is basically a tutorial for the multiplayer. I hope the mess around this and BF2 causes developers go back to to a Season Pass or DLC and away from pay to win micros. I was just starting to get on board with Deluxe or Gold editions for $40 more with everything prepaid upfront.

Forza I'll go all in for because you save a bunch if you are into collecting and driving the cars. You can always scoop up a season pass later and get the DLC campaigns for a cheaper entry fee like UbiSoft games. Its almost clockwork with them. Wait 4 months and everything is 40% at least for A.C. and Tom Clancy games.
Destiny 2 isn't pay to win though. The only microtransactions in the game are for bright engrams which give you cosmetic items, and you get a ton of these through regular gameplay anyways. There are DLC expansions but there is still plenty of content in the vanilla version.

Destiny 2 isn't pay to win though. The only microtransactions in the game are for bright engrams which give you cosmetic items, and you get a ton of these through regular gameplay anyways. There are DLC expansions but there is still plenty of content in the vanilla version.
There's what 4 strikes with no gear, adventures which is just audio snippets and a cave, and you don't earn a ton of bright engrams, you earn a "ton" of tokens.

There's what 4 strikes with no gear, adventures which is just audio snippets and a cave, and you don't earn a ton of bright engrams, you earn a "ton" of tokens.
You forgot to mention the shit pvp and no option to choose what gametype, and strikes are meaningless as well. Why do a 15 minute mission that gives you trash when you can do a shit event or adventure in a couple minutes thats more rewarding? They have so many issues to fix.

I hope they get their heads out of their asses and start appealing to Destiny players not casuals who will beat this game in less than ten hours and never play again. I really want to like this game but there is no endgame and I wish there was so I can switch to PC and play this.

Thanks for this, stopped by my local Best Buy and price matched my pre-ordered PC copy.  Got the $10 rewards certificate for pre-ordering and got 23.59 refunded today.  Nice!

I used to play Destiny 1 on PS4 a lot.. but then stopped over time.. 

Unsure if I want to do that grind in Destiny 2 with dlc after dlc... and if I did, PC version. 

Anyone able to explain why I should even consider the game and/or why on PC it maybe a better purchase over PS4 this go around?

Anyone able to explain why I should even consider the game and/or why on PC it maybe a better purchase over PS4 this go around?
If it helps, there's a free trial on both consoles and on PC. From what my friends tell me, the PC version offers better graphics (depending on your hardware, obviously) and slightly different gunplay. Recoil is much more manageable so every gun is more accurate than on console. Those are the only main differences I've heard of.

I was also able to PM at Best Buy as well.  Going to hang onto this and check out the free trial on PC for now. Thanks for the heads up.

Keep an eye on bungie today, they are supposed to put out a blog detailing the future because Destiny 2 has had a rocky 3 months with all the changes they've made from the final years of D1. A lot of veterans of D1 do not like the direction D2 has taken.
Upcoming Updates Overview

We previously published a list of upcoming Destiny 2 improvements we want to deliver. Some of these updates will be introduced on December 5 and December 12. Others will land in the New Year.

• New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits, including:

A new Weapon Tier: Masterworks, which will feature stat trackers, random, re-rollable stat bonuses, unique item tooltips, and item details screens (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
  • Improved vendor rewards, adding ways for people to purchase items directly with their Legendary Shards and Tokens (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
  • Adding Armor Ornaments that grant visual permutations of armor as players complete specific Challenges (see the December Update Details section below for more info)

[*]Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities

• We’re targeting a January update to provide better incentives to complete Prestige activities

[*]Better rewards and replay value for Strikes, Adventures, and Lost Sectors

• In December, we will be introducing a Heroic Strikes playlist and more generous Strike rewards
  • Rewards for Adventures and Lost Sectors are still on our radar, but will not be delivered for our December updates

[*]Private matches for the Crucible

• Still targeting early 2018 and expect to have better insight into exact timing in the New Year
  • We are also moving Ranked PVP to the top of our priority list for next year to support the competitive community

[*]Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules

• In December, we will introduce additional updates and bug-fixes intended to improve these areas of the Crucible

[*]Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games)

• A "Quitter Penalty" system is currently in development, and you can expect an update on the deployment of this system in the New Year

[*]Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards

• The next Iron Banner and Faction Rally will introduce improvements in both these areas (see the December Update Details section below for more info)

[*]Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful

• The Gunsmith will have some updates to how Mods are acquired (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
  • We are exploring more updates to this system in the New Year

[*]Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication

• We plan to tune under-performing Exotics and will continue to make targeted updates and improvements
  • Duplication protection will be added for Exotics in the New Year

[*]New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards)

• Players will be able to spend Tokens and Legendary Shards on Vendor inventory (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
  • Xur will have new items, as well (see the December Update Details section below for more info)

[*]An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time

• Emote interface improvements are still on the list, and you can expect an update on the development of this system in the New Year

We will continue to revisit and update this list in the weeks and months ahead to keep you up to speed on what we’re working on. Below, you’ll find more specific detail about each of the features and updates you can expect to land in December.

December Update Details

There are four key areas we’re targeting for improvements in December. Some of these updates will arrive with the December 5 update, and some additional updates will be included in a patch that will be deployed the following week on December 12.

Both updates combined include improvements set against the following goals:

• Deepen Rewards for advanced players
  • Provide More Player Control over obtaining rewards
  • Make Shards Useful by adding things to use them for
  • Provide General Quality fixes wherever possible
The following changes are the first steps towards achieving these goals, with more planned for our next release in January. Here is a preview of impending changes to Destiny 2. Each category is marked with a forecast delivery date.

Masterworks Image Link

Image Link

• [DEC 12] Legendary Weapons will drop as or be upgraded to become Masterworks versions

Masterworks will have a few advantages over the baseline Legendary weapon:
  • Track and display the number of kills with that weapon (with choice between total count or Crucible-only count)
  • Generate orbs for you and your allies on multi-kills
  • Add weapon stat bonuses that are selected randomly from a small pool and are re-rollable
  • Masterworks drop from any source of Legendary weapons for characters above 250 Power
  • Unwanted Masterworks can be dismantled into materials that can upgrade an existing Legendary Weapon into a Masterwork
  • Raid and Trials of the Nine Weapons will have a very high chance to be Masterworks
  • We have future plans to extend Masterworks to other gear and expose your kill counts in more places (e.g. Crucible kill screen)

Armor Ornaments Image Link

• [DEC 5] Armor Ornaments will be added to some existing Armor sets for more visual customization without losing your Shaders or Mods

These ornaments will be unlocked by completing objectives specific to each set, and are permanently unlocked account-wide, just like Exotic Weapon ornaments
  • They will be applied to the base pieces that you may already have collected, and can now unlock on Vendors if not
  • In Season 2, the following sets have ornaments unlocked in their respective activities:
  • Vanguard Faction Armor
  • Crucible Faction Armor
  • Trials of the Nine Armor
  • Iron Banner Armor
  • Dead Orbit Armor
  • Future War Cult Armor
  • New Monarchy Armor
  • Eater of Worlds Raid Lair Armor

Image Link

• [DEC 12] Faction Armor and Weapons will be unlocked for purchase for Legendary Shards and Faction Tokens on most Faction Vendors

All five Armor Slots will always be present, and Weapons will rotate weekly on Factions that have them
  • Slots will be unlocked by claiming Reward Engrams from the respective Faction
  • You will get credit for engrams you may have already claimed since launch

Image Link

• [DEC 12] Xur has some new offerings for players collecting Exotics:

Every week, you’ll be able to acquire one of the new Fated Engrams using Legendary Shards that will decrypt as Exotics that aren’t already in your collection
  • A simpler Three of Coins that boosts Exotic drop rates from any source for 4 hours
  • No obscure stacking mechanics or need to re-apply before every boss
  • These cost Legendary Shards and you can have as many as you like

General Investment Image Link

• [DEC 5] Banshee has some updates on the Weapon and Armor Mod front:

For players wanting to clear some Mod inventory space, Rare quality Mods will dismantle into Gunsmith Materials and have a chance to produce Legendary quality Mod Components
  • For players chasing specific Legendary Mods (including Legendary Kinetic Mods), Banshee will offer a selection of specific Legendary Mods for direct purchase, with a selection that will rotate daily and cost Legendary Shards and Mod Components

[*][DEC 5] For players chasing a world Legendary or looking for Masterworks, Master Rahool will sell some of his rumored hoard of Legendary Engrams for Legendary Shards

[*][DEC 12] Commander Zavala and Lord Shaxx will sell Gift consumables for Legendary Shards that can be used during a Strike or Crucible Match that will serve the following functions:

• Grant bonus rewards to everyone in that activity upon completion, friend or foe alike
  • Award anything from Faction Tokens to a round of Exotics for everyone in the match

[*][DEC 12] Exploit safeguards on Chests and Resource Nodes are greatly relaxed and players should encounter them less frequently

• Even if they do, drop rates for Tokens is only reduced to 30% instead of 0%, and Glimmer will be unaffected
  • We want to associate a visual indicator with this in a future update, but we weren’t able to pull that off in this update (but we hear you!)

[*][DEC 12] Vendors will now beckon you to hand in your Reputation Tokens only when you’re carrying enough to earn a Reward Engram

[*][DEC 5] Changes affecting Reputation Tokens:

• Daily Challenges will have Reputation Token awards increased across the board
  • Cayde’s Treasure Chests still offer variable rewards, but now guarantee (at minimum) a payout of destination appropriate Reputation Tokens
  • Strikes will drop a larger number of Vanguard Reputation Tokens
  • Common quality Destination Resource Tokens will have their drop rates increased to 100%, and values per Token increased as well (by 50% for common quality Tokens and 250% for rare quality Tokens)
  • On the balance, Reputation required per Reward Engram will increase for Destination Factions (+37%) and Gunsmith (+50%)
  • Leviathan Raid Tokens will be redeemed at Benedict immediately upon obtaining a Token, instead of requiring a full clear before unlocking

With the launch of Curse of Osiris, and the beginning of Season 2, you can expect to see a full suite of patch notes that will document all of the changes outlined above, as well as additional gameplay and sandbox tuning changes the team is making to improve Destiny 2. We’ll also soon be providing pre-load and launch day details, as well as a roadmap for our Season 2 content, which includes The Dawning in mid-December.

Designed XP scaling system so you don't get bright engrams to fast, to get you to spend real money.

Yeah that doesn't sound right.

Designed XP scaling system so you don't get bright engrams to fast, to get you to spend real money.

Yeah that doesn't sound right.

That isn't what they were doing. They noticed that people were exploiting the game (with the public event/fast travel glitch), and if you were gaining XP at a faster rate then you should have been able to, they were throttling you. Thats basically the complete run down. Yes it was stupid they did it, and they should have been open and upfront about it, but its not what people think its all about.

Yet, just like everyone with the Battlefront issue people were freaking out for no reason. Most of the people that were upset haven't even played Destiny 2. They are outsiders yelling into the echo chamber. Outrage culture at its finest!

That isn't what they were doing. They noticed that people were exploiting the game (with the public event/fast travel glitch), and if you were gaining XP at a faster rate then you should have been able to, they were throttling you. Thats basically the complete run down. Yes it was stupid they did it, and they should have been open and upfront about it, but its not what people think its all about.

Yet, just like everyone with the Battlefront issue people were freaking out for no reason. Most of the people that were upset haven't even played Destiny 2. They are outsiders yelling into the echo chamber. Outrage culture at its finest!
Any outrage that helps kill loot box crap in full price games is valued. You know this as well but dang isn’t it fun being on the other side.

Yes try to discredit me but assuming I didn't buy d2.

Found Luke Smith.

Any outrage that helps kill loot box crap in full price games is valued. You know this as well but dang isn’t it fun being on the other side.
The problem is, that is how the game is sustained with the events. It pays for the live team that keeps the game moving in between DLC releases. If people want to buy items that effect the gameplay in no way shape or form, I have ZERO problem with it. Especially when it gives us something to come back and play for free.

The problem is, that is how the game is sustained with the events. It pays for the live team that keeps the game moving in between DLC releases. If people want to buy items that effect the gameplay in no way shape or form, I have ZERO problem with it. Especially when it gives us something to come back and play for free.
At this point we all should be standing together on this. Gameplay or cosmic in a loot box with real cash should be stopped.

We should not give an inch on this. If you like cosmic items then why shouldn’t you be able to just buy it without the gambling aspect?

Edit: Obviously I mean in full price games.

Fanboy triggered. You can defend them all you want, they still lied to us and stole our time by making it so we had to grind longer to get bright engrams. Did they ever say it they implemented the system to stop people from exploiting the XP system? Why punish someone like me who just enjoyed going into the world they made and spending a couple hours grinding away at their public events?

Then why not ban/send a notification to those players letting them know XP was no longer going to be working as intended? They still lied as far as I'm aware.

I like reading these threads since it pretty much confirms that quitting after D1 and not committing to D2 was one of the best gaming decisions I have made.  Bungie...keep being you.  

Fanboy triggered. You can defend them all you want, they still lied to us and stole our time by making it so we had to grind longer to get bright engrams. Did they ever say it they implemented the system to stop people from exploiting the XP system? Why punish someone like me who just enjoyed going into the world they made and spending a couple hours grinding away at their public events?
Not really a fanboy, just a fan of the game. I also haven't played it in 3 weeks, so I am not sure that would qualify me anyways.

The XP throttling letter to fans specifically mentioned that it was implemented to stop people from getting XP gains faster than normal by repeating activities in a certain manner.

If you were playing normally you should have not been affected. Now, if you were playing a public event, fast traveling to the same location and playing the same event in a different instance, I don't see why throttling that is a problem. People were exploiting that to the MAX.

Do you even really care about the bright engrams? This is why all this stuff doesn't trigger me. I don't care about the loot boxes, would never buy silver. Hell, I get enough free bright dust just by playing the game. And I could care less about the bright engrams. You hardly ever actually see your character, so why do I care what color my armor is, or what ornament my gun has? None of it bothers me. But if people wanna pay for them, and that gives me free Christmas events, free Valentines Day events, etc etc. I will take it.

bread's done
Back