* * - - - 3 votes

Free for PC/STEAM The WORST X-com Game ( X-com Declassified) on Humble Bundle!

#1 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

Yep, what is considered the WORST modern X-com game, X-com Declassified is free for PC/STEAM right now on Humble Bundle until Saturday!

Grab it while you can!
https://www.humblebu...b_medium=banner

#2 ghettog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Thanks. I always forget to activate these free humble bundle games on steam. I just checked some I got in the past month or two and saw that they expired. So if you actually want these free humble games I suggest you don't forget to active them on steam like I did.

#3 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Mmmm, it's better than Enforcer.

#4 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

Mmmm, it's better than Enforcer.

Enforcer?

#5 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

Enforcer?

X-Com Enforcer, yes.

#6 HouraiTeahouse  

HouraiTeahouse

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

Better than Enforcer, Interceptor, and First Alien Invasion (not to be confused with the original, UFO Defence).

#7 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

I'm not sure which is more insulting; the game or the 10% off Humble Monthly coupon.

#8 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Better than Enforcer, Interceptor, and First Alien Invasion (not to be confused with the original, UFO Defence).

I'll admit, never heard of them!

#9 A2CKilla  

A2CKilla

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:22 AM

eh, never played them, but, won't knock free, adding it to the steam backlog of games that will never be played, maybe

#10 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:05 AM

Uhhh...Bureau is hot garbage. Even for free I wouldn't go for it. Interceptor is MUUUUUUUUUUCH better than Bureau.

#11 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

I'll admit, never heard of them!

There's a reason for that.

Uhhh...Bureau is hot garbage. Even for free I wouldn't go for it. Interceptor is MUUUUUUUUUUCH better than Bureau.

Bureau is pretty bad, but I dunno, man. Interceptor wasn't great when it came out, and time hasn't done it any favors.

#12 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6318 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

This is the best tumblr post I've seen all month \s

#13 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9966 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

This is still in my backlog for both consoles and Windows, and I'm still pretty excited to try it!

Reviews are fairly mixed...I mean IGN gave it a 55, but it's got some positive reviews too, and whatever, I like the idea at the least.

(Although I'd probably like the same sort of "overworld/research" split with the turn based stuff replaced by FPS type combat.)

#14 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

is it possible to give the unused steam code to someone and they redeem it on their account or can it only be used on your account?

#15 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:20 AM

Yes!

#16 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14455 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:03 AM

> claims this game is the worst X-COM game

> didn't know the old X-COM games even existed

giphy.gif

#17 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

> claims this game is the worst X-COM game

> didn't know the old X-COM games even existed

giphy.gif

Yea, I never knew about those games.

I know the original two, and the modern series but I didn't know about the mid 90s games and feel like an idiot.

So maybe worst "Modern" X-com?

#18 EpicLootsCA   "Basking in your hatred... Feels quite nice." CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

EpicLootsCA

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:11 AM

Thxs. Free is free.

#19 francium34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

francium34

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:34 AM

played about 4 hours, it's a fine sci fi game (set in thje 60s, which is kind of cool), with competent cover-based shooting and squad commands

the xcom name drew more sneers than it deserved

#20 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   578 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

People hate it because XCOM jumped on the third person shooter bandwagon with it. To be fair, to counter that criticism they specifically called it "The Bureau" and moved XCOM to the subtitle.

As far as boring rehashed third person shooters go, it's really not bad, and is actually slightly less generic than most.

So they own the XCOM franchise and want to get a little bit of that generic third person shooter cash, should we really rake 2K over the coals for it? If they made any money off it and that keeps them making more turn based XCOM games under the proper title then all the better. 

It's not like they Syndicate'd the whole series like EA. They just spun off a bit for a cash grab, give them a break.

#21 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2072 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

Grandpa always said never turn down free.

....he also always said to never trust a dolphin. Grandpa said a lot of things.

#22 Chargin73   Great Scott CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Chargin73

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

I'll decide whether or not it's terrible.

It may very well be, but for the price, its worth it to try.

#23 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

It's not like they Syndicate'd the whole series like EA. They just spun off a bit for a cash grab, give them a break.

new Syndicate kicks ass though

it's the last good game Starbreeze made

#24 PartyPeet  

PartyPeet

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

I thought this was cheapassgamer, not complainassgamer. Free is free, get over it.

#25 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

I thought this was cheapassgamer, not complainassgamer. Free is free, get over it.

Exactly!
I was trying to be funny with the title, because people think of it was the worst contemporary game..

I was meh with it, my roommate hated it.

Also, just because it's considered the "Worst" doesn't mean it's a bad game.

The worst mainline game in the Mega Man or Zelda franchises are still damn good games.

#26 Offthecrossbar   Takes One Step Forward CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Offthecrossbar

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

I knew people said it was bad before I picked it up years ago so I had low expectations... But I actually enjoyed this one.

Well worth the $0.

#27 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24710 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

played about 4 hours, it's a fine sci fi game (set in thje 60s, which is kind of cool), with competent cover-based shooting and squad commands

the xcom name drew more sneers than it deserved

To me, The Bureau is more of a Mass Effect Trilogy style game than say a true-blue XCOM game.

Though, it is more strategic than say Mass Effect Trilogy. Have more commands and control of your squad.

Though, The Bureau is certainly nowhere near the level of greatness of Mass Effect Trilogy. ME Trilogy just does so much more, TBH. Story and character development stuff in The Bureau is nothing special, TBH; ME Trilogy puts Bureau to shame with that stuff.

I did really like the art design and decor with the whole 60's vibe Bureau had going on, though. That was pretty cool.

#28 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6723 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

It's actually a pretty cool game that would have stood on its own without being part of the XCom franchise.

#29 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

2C98B-VV7E6-9V6P0

#30 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

To me, The Bureau is more of a Mass Effect Trilogy style game than say a true-blue XCOM game.

Though, it is more strategic than say Mass Effect Trilogy. Have more commands and control of your squad

This is what I thought of it when I originally played it. It felt like it was actually doing the things Mass Effect claimed (and horribly failed at) to do with your party and their tactics. I found myself constantly micro-managing my party in The Bureau to set up flanks and to draw enemies to the perfect spot. It feels like a real third person shooter/strategy hybrid.

Had a lot of fun with it myself.