Destiny 2 23.99 with Gcu at Best Buy.

These price drops are killing me.  Might as well just give away that copy I got for free when I bought my Pro.  Smh

It's showing $47.99 to me. 

Deal Ended? LOL

EDIT: Forget it, now it shows $23.99 which is better than the amazon deal of $26, and you gain points, AND you can use certificates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that BB in these 20 days will put more doorbusters from BF including GCU, Persona 5 for $23.99 or some switch games will be nice.

I haven't seen this much salt since no man's sky. Hate bandwagoning is killing good (Not great) games before they have a chance. Maybe I really am getting too old for games because I don't get it... everyone will pay 40 for COD remixes year after year but Destiny didn't completely change engines so it's only 1.5...

everyone will pay 40 for COD remixes year after year but Destiny didn't completely change engines so it's only 1.5...
I think the issue is all of the drama bungie has done lately with their shady bs regarding xp and microtransactions

Then adding a bunch of "new" features to "fix" the game but it turns out it was just stuff they removed from the 1st one on a whim.. :whistle2:

I went in feeling like everyone else but I picked it up Black friday and I am very impressed. IMO a much better game out the gate than destiny 1 was.  I know we will get fleeced with the dlc but.  They did a much better job .   Jump on it while it is cheap.

I tried the demo last night on PC and seemed decent enough. I got a bunch of friends playing it. 

However once again sale not for PC.

I think the issue is all of the drama bungie has done lately with their shady bs regarding xp and microtransactions
Then adding a bunch of "new" features to "fix" the game but it turns out it was just stuff they removed from the 1st one on a whim.. :whistle2:
Yep. I could forgive them for not having a great end game in place for the time being, but using shady tactics for the XP system is ridiculous. Especially considering there's an item you can buy to boost XP gains. This becomes pointless as it's only active for a 4 hour window, so you would grind for those hours to make the best of it not knowing that your repetitive, repeated actions are actually throttling your XP gains, XP coin be damned (I know it also increases drop rates).

With that said, I don't regret buying the game. I got at least 100 solid hours into the game before I started questioning why I was still playing, as there was no end game to chase. So I would recommend it at this price, just know what you're getting into beforehand. I'm definitely waiting to see how the upcoming changes play out before deciding to buy the dlc or not.

There was never a point in the game where I felt xp was given too slow. They also gave rested xp for your first 3 levels every week. It's not like hitting 20 was difficult. It just slows you down on getting cosmetic loot boxes. Not the end of the world IMO.

There was never a point in the game where I felt xp was given too slow. They also gave rested xp for your first 3 levels every week. It's not like hitting 20 was difficult. It just slows you down on getting cosmetic loot boxes. Not the end of the world IMO.
This. Xp and levels are a non issue with destiny. I think their handling of it didn't help things though

I don’t get Destiny haters. Fun game. Great shooting mechanics. I can’t speak to it as a lifestyle brand but I mean if you want to only play Destiny for hundreds of hours I’m sure you could complain about progression or something.
$24 is a steal and outside of ymmv and glitches, one of the better deals posted in a while IMO.

I don’t get Destiny haters. Fun game. Great shooting mechanics. I can’t speak to it as a lifestyle brand but I mean if you want to only play Destiny for hundreds of hours I’m sure you could complain about progression or something.
$24 is a steal and outside of ymmv and glitches, one of the better deals posted in a while IMO.
Yeah if I get 40-80 hours out of it over the next month or so I will be happy. Almost glad there is no great end game (supposedly haven't played a second of it yet). Don't want to go down that rabbit hole again like I did with Destiny 1. Picking it up at lunchtime. Also had a $5 cert. I think a friend of mine is still playing it on PS4 so once I level up a bit might be fun to play a few strikes or whatever with him.

I haven't seen this much salt since no man's sky. Hate bandwagoning is killing good (Not great) games before they have a chance. Maybe I really am getting too old for games because I don't get it... everyone will pay 40 for COD remixes year after year but Destiny didn't completely change engines so it's only 1.5...
lol you think this is about engines? Yes, they did undo a lot of D1 progress in D2 but they admitted to ripping off players with XP tricks and when they got caught they made XP actually work but then raised the amount of XP you needed for the engram level up.

While it isn’t as bad as Battlefront 2 in scaling players they actively tried to screw their most hardcore players into buying MTX.

lol you think this is about engines? Yes, they did undo a lot of D1 progress in D2 but they admitted to ripping off players with XP tricks and when they got caught they made XP actually work but then raised the amount of XP you needed for the engram level up.

While it isn’t as bad as Battlefront 2 in scaling players they actively tried to screw their most hardcore players into buying MTX.
Funny thing is limiting XP earn on repeating shorter missions would have been no issue if they just were up front about it.

Seasoned Destiny player and I can’t for the life of me understand the uproar over xp. Cause bright engrams are your jam? Am I missing something else that xp gives you endgame?

Seasoned Destiny player and I can’t for the life of me understand the uproar over xp. Cause bright engrams are your jam? Am I missing something else that xp gives you endgame?
It has more to do with their lack of transparency and communication than the actual XP and bright engrams. There's two ways to gain bright engrams: level up with XP, or buy them with real world money. To gain enough XP for a bright engram, you need to play (grind) quite a bit, but the more you grind repeat activities, the less XP you get. The problem is that this was never explained to the player and seems like a back handed way to guide players into spending their real money as the grinding becomes extended by some invisible mechanic. That's fine, I'm all for companies making money as that keeps our games running. But knowing that they weren't necessarily honest about a fairly large mechanic makes me not trust the information they may share about future updates. What information are they leaving out? Who knows, but if I'm going to spend anymore money, I expect better transparency as to what exactly I'm buying.

For people trying to understand the uproar over Bungie/D2/xp, keep in mind that this is not a one time thing.  The xp issue just happened to be a tipping point.  Bungie's "lack of transparency" has existed throughout the history of D1.  They consistently "miscommunicate" to their players.

They initially claimed that Xur's items are completely random and they don't know what he'll offer each week.  Then later it's revealed that while Xur's goods may be somewhat random, it is indeed curated by staff (i.e., they change it if they don't like what the RNG spits out).  Hence why the all-powerful and highly coveted Gjallarhorn never showed up again until they nerfed it.

They got everyone excited about buffing up weak weapons' damage by 4%.  Then players noticed the weapons still didn't feel powerful.  Bungie went, my bad, we meant we buffed it by 0.04% instead.  0.04% of a single bullet's damage is negligible.

So it's not just this one xp/bright engram issue.  That just so happened to coincide with Battlefront 2's microtransaction debacle, on top of general frustration at the overall D2 experience.

As for this deal, if you're interested in doing the campaign or solo stuff, then go for it.  The story campaign is one of few improvements over D1.  If instead you're expecting a deep endgame, then set your expectations accordingly.

For people trying to understand the uproar over Bungie/D2/xp, keep in mind that this is not a one time thing. The xp issue just happened to be a tipping point. Bungie's "lack of transparency" has existed throughout the history of D1. They consistently "miscommunicate" to their players.

They initially claimed that Xur's items are completely random and they don't know what he'll offer each week. Then later it's revealed that while Xur's goods may be somewhat random, it is indeed curated by staff (i.e., they change it if they don't like what the RNG spits out). Hence why the all-powerful and highly coveted Gjallarhorn never showed up again until they nerfed it.

They got everyone excited about buffing up weak weapons' damage by 4%. Then players noticed the weapons still didn't feel powerful. Bungie went, my bad, we meant we buffed it by 0.04% instead. 0.04% of a single bullet's damage is negligible.

So it's not just this one xp/bright engram issue. That just so happened to coincide with Battlefront 2's microtransaction debacle, on top of general frustration at the overall D2 experience.

As for this deal, if you're interested in doing the campaign or solo stuff, then go for it. The story campaign is one of few improvements over D1. If instead you're expecting a deep endgame, then set your expectations accordingly.
Ah the good ole days of Megaman revealing Xur's inventory before Xur even came out.

bread's done
Back