PSVR in home trial for PS+ members YMMV

Loge18

CAGiversary!
Just received an email to try psvr in home for 14 days. Would then either need to be able to send it back or be billed $300. Skyrim bundle includes camera and move controllers. Gives me a single use registration code to use as well. Appears to be from the PlayStation email list, but has anyone else received this? Sounds tempting, but I couldn't find mention of it on the web or PlayStation blog.

You’re invited to try PS VR at your home for free

Any point in even trying with a regular PS4?

Just got it as well, if it’s legit it’s a great deal for that bundle ... $50 less than BF price and you get to try it before you pay.

Here is the url: https://tryplaystationvr.com/

terms and conditions: https://tryplaystationvr.com/en-us/Rules

I got the email and signed up.

The first one thousand four hundred (1,400) eligible participants who submit the above valid information (subject to verification) will be sent a PlayStation VR Trial bundle that you will tryout for fourteen (14) days. The PlayStation VR Trial Bundle includes: one (1) PS VR headset, 2 one (1) PlayStation® Camera, two (2) PlayStation®Move Motion controllers, one (1) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® VR Blu-ray Disc, and one (1) Demo Disc 2.0. PlayStation reserves the right to change the number of PlayStation VR Trial Bundles sent to eligible participants during the Try PlayStation VR program without notice.

Upon receiving a PlayStation VR Trial Bundle, you will have fourteen (14) calendar days to try out the PlayStation VR Trial Bundle. At the end of the 14-day trial period, you must follow the instructions provided with the Bundle that explains how to repack the Bundle items and send the Bundle back to PlayStation using the overnight pre-paid postage that we included with the Bundle when we sent it to you. From section 2 of the terms of agreement page.

Upon receiving a PlayStation VR Trial Bundle, you will have fourteen (14) calendar days to try out the PlayStation VR Trial Bundle. At the end of the 14-day trial period, you must follow the instructions provided with the Bundle that explains how to repack the Bundle items and send the Bundle back to PlayStation using the overnight pre-paid postage that we included with the Bundle when we sent it to you. To avoid being charged $299.99, you must return all of the items that you received in the PlayStation VR Trial Bundle using the packaging provided to the address provided on the pre-paid postage. We must receive the complete PlayStation VR Trial Bundle, undamaged, within ten (10) days of the end of the fourteen (14)-day trial period or, subject to our sole discretion, your credit card will be charged $299.99. Please note that your credit card statement will show that the charge was made to “PlayStation VR.”

Only available to the first 1,400 invited participants who sign up ... no mention of return shipping being covered or reimbursed.

Edit - what they said
"At the end of the 14-day trial period, you must follow the instructions provided with the Bundle that explains how to repack the Bundle items and send the Bundle back to PlayStation using the overnight pre-paid postage that we included with the Bundle when we sent it to you."

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now, I could trade-in my v1 headset, 2 old move controllers, camera, and Skyrim for about $150 worth of credit with PRO account. Essentially $150 to upgrade to v2 headset.

fuckin' newsletter. Get your shit together, Sony! Send me your goddamn emails. You know, the ones I've tried to sign up for twenty freaking times. 😤

I got one, but I don't wanna have that much money on hold. Especially since I know I'll just play the free PS+ stuff and get bored or spend even more washing the vomit off my clothes

Here’s a question ... it appears the charge is a flat $299, meaning no tax in addition to the $50 off the sale price of the Skyrim VR bundle. Anyone else reading it that way? Sweetens the deal even more if true.

Well I got mine in. Got a confirmation email too.

credit card shows Playstation VR 1.00 pending charge

got one too lol

aR6fGTA.jpg

Any point in even trying with a regular PS4?
Why not? By most accounts, it's pretty much the same thing as ps4 pro enhanced non-vr games. Games that support the pro have slight graphic upgrades and faster load times, but everything should run and look fine on a standard ps4.

I got the email.  I thought about it.  Then I went and got foot long cheese coney and tater tots from Sonic.  

....I only regret one choice during that span.

I kinda wanna try far point and eagle vr .. hmm where can one get those cheap
For Far Point, with Aim Controller, $63 with GCU from Best Buy.

For Eagle Flight, $12 at clearance from Target, YMMV, I already got like 2 months ago, and just found 2 copies from a Target and bought 1 of them for my friend. Don't expect you're going to have intense gaming or you will be disappointed. It's more like enjoying the flying experience with some gaming challenges.

bread's done
Back