Best Buy: Tales of Berseria (PS4) $19.99 free shipping

Thanks OP. No in store pick up for me so I just went with free shipping. I used a $5 RZ cert I had no clue what to use on to bring it down to $11 with GCU. Sweet deal. And here I wrote in the BF thread that I was surprised that the newest Tales game didn’t drop in price this year like it always does.

Been waiting for the game to drop sub $20. GCU makes it $16+tax.

Ordered one for store pick up but got to wait until next week. I don't mind waiting since I'll get the savings code next month. Thanks OP. :whistle2:

Didn't see this deal posted yet, Tales of Berseria is $20 at Best Buy right now. If there are copies in stock at your local Best Buy, you can do an in-store pick up to get that $10 saving code promo too.

I was able to do an in-store pick up at my local Best Buy luckily.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tales-of-berseria-playstation-4/5450522.p?skuId=5450522
Seems that got rid of the $1 discount if change to store pick up because of the $10 saving code promo, thought I could double dip.

Last edited by a moderator:
yay, was hoping for this price trend to continue. store pick up promo made it sweeter.
you let me down gamestop.

Seems that got rid of the $1 discount if change to store pick up because of the $10 saving code promo, thought I could double dip.
I got the $1 discount on a $12.99 Blu-Ray I ordered for in store pickup yesterday. Think it might depend on the specific item, or other reasons.

Finally! I've been waiting for this to drop at $20. Store pick is only available in my area. I just hate messing around downtown. Too many people all over.

Missed it dang. In store only now and none near me have it. Would have loved another $10 savings code plus another backlog RPG

How does this game compare to tales of vesperia? That was one of my favorite RPGs and the only tales game I have played before.
I rank Vesperia as my favorite Tales game and Berseria ranks #3 for me. It's enjoyable and the combat is a lot of fun :) It's a similar length (although not as many side quests) and flows well. Some of the dungeon design ends up being corridors, but I recommend picking it up if you liked Vesperia.

No shipping option avaliable a few hours ago, but somehow the store closest to me has one. Can't save $1, but hey good enough! Now to eventually start these games!

I rank Vesperia as my favorite Tales game and Berseria ranks #3 for me. It's enjoyable and the combat is a lot of fun :) It's a similar length (although not as many side quests) and flows well. Some of the dungeon design ends up being corridors, but I recommend picking it up if you liked Vesperia.
Vesperia is definitely my #1.... but what's your #2 then, Symphonia?

Still need to finish this.  Combat seems a bit grindy, guess I'm still too early in the game to judge.

SAO Hollow Realization is the same price but sadly not within 250 miles of me. At least I grabbed this fast enough.

Back in stock. I was able to place an order for ship to store so hopefully I'll get the 10 dollar savings code as well

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but Graces is actually my #2 :) The story be darned, that is a great game. Symphonia would be my #4 though :D
I loved Graces f. Cheesy story and friendship themes aside, the game was awesome. Arguably the best battle system ever.

My ranking:

Symphonia > Abyss > Graces f > Xillia (never finished it) >>>>>>>> Symphonia 2

Just heard that Berseria has the darkest story/characters in the series. Excited! Only bought this because of the price and because it's Tales, but I'm legit stoked about it now.

I loved Graces f. Cheesy story and friendship themes aside, the game was awesome. Arguably the best battle system ever.

My ranking:

Symphonia > Abyss > Graces f > Xillia (never finished it) >>>>>>>> Symphonia 2

Just heard that Berseria has the darkest story/characters in the series. Excited! Only bought this because of the price and because it's Tales, but I'm legit stoked about it now.
Oh yay! I think you'll like Berseria. Berseria uses a similar dodge mechanic and resource management (although I still give the edge to the CC system of Graces). It's definitely the "darkest" Tales story that I've played, but it's a fun ride and I liked all of the characters.

If you end up enjoying Berseria, you may want to try Zestiria because it's set in the same world in the future, and several characters from Berseria show up. Zestiria overall isn't the greatest game, and many people don't finish it, but I think it's worth it for all the references.

Back in stock. I was able to place an order for ship to store so hopefully I'll get the 10 dollar savings code as well
FYI promo page states

" Ship to Store

If the item you're interested in is out of stock at your local Best Buy store, but is available online, Ship to Store can get it there — with free shipping. Excludes music, DVDs, video games and other select items."

See

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/customer-service/fast-store-pickup/pcmcat218900050012.c?id=pcmcat218900050012&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-YI1vB.0PQ0zU9gv.U12UWQ

Still a good price on the game especially with gcu. If you decide you don't want it without the promo you might try canceling the order.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but Graces is actually my #2 :) The story be darned, that is a great game. Symphonia would be my #4 though :D
Graces F is my favorite Tales game to date.. though I haven't played Zestiria, Berseria or Hearts R, but I don't believe they will dethrone it because it was a masterpiece in my opinion. Followed closely by Symphonie, Vesperia, Abyss and Xillia no particular order. With Xillia 2 and Symphonia 2 being my least favorite but still great games.. love the tales series.

I honestly haven't played too much past Abyss. I will someday, as I did play some Graces F. I still have a big soft spot for Tales of Phantasia, such a gorgeous SNES game. I also loved Tales of Destiny. Tales of Legendia and Tales of Hearts R (didn't beat...more like got bored) were likely my least favorites. I need to go through them all starting from the beginning.

I love Tales of Grace f. It was my first Tales game. It will always have a special place in my heart and my number 1 Tales game. I've played Xilla 1 and Symphonia 1 but I didn't finish them. I've finished Abyss and Zestiria. Abyss' story is one of the best I've played in the series. Zestiria story was good and the combat just ok. My main issues with Zestiria is that all the areas looks the same. If you don't want to play Zestiria, you can watch the anime. It's a bit different than the game but the same premise. I like the anime story better than the game though. 

I have never played any game in this series but I like RPG's.

Does this have real time or turned based combat ?

How's the story?

Are there different difficulty options or just one?

Thank you for your help

I ordered mine this morning for in store pickup and got the confirmation email shortly after saying “ We’ve received your order but it’s not quite ready”.

Should I just assume it’s ready and go get it? Usually they’re ready shortly after I place the order and I get a separate email, but nothing so far.

I have never played any game in this series but I like RPG's.

Does this have real time or turned based combat ?

How's the story?

Are there different difficulty options or just one?

Thank you for your help
The combat works like this.. you see an enemy or they see you, once you touch it puts you into a battle area.. the combat then becomes real time and gets real creative with artes and combos.. in Xillia they even made it more interesting with linked artes which are combos and magic that can be performed with 2 specific characters. It is deep and fun and a staple of the Tales series.

The stories are riddled with cliches but are still a lot of fun.. from friendships to politics. There is also a lot of innuendo in the games which just adds to the cheekiness.

There is a difficulty setting and there is also new game + in most of the games.

So if it's a price drop it should be reflected in the digital store soon, right?
It takes awhile for the price to change on PSN. Sometimes not at all. Tales of Zestiria is still $60 on PSN. It's been under $20 at retail for over a year now. If you want it digital, your best bet is to wait for a sale. Tales games tend to drop under $15/10 in PSN sales.

bread's done
Back