Bing Rewards Hot Deal $5 xbox gift card for 3500 points

about damn time

I'm not sleeping on it this time like I did the last deal that ended early
Last time they refunded me my points after doing 100k worth of orders. This time I got 3 codes emailed already. and 3 pending. I'm sure they are capping people like last time.

cashed in for 30 and need to make 1700 for another 5 before the deal goes away

harder to flip a year of live this time of year with all the deals so this deal is about as good as it gets

now watch the 1k/10$ reward return after I spent all my points

Saw this morning before work. I only need two more days of searches at 250 per day to hit 7,000 points.

I also have a few Microsoft Rewards emails with points in them that I need to do the searches from too that will help me rack up enough points.

I know last year the big deal was microsoft.com coupons and not straight up credit, forcing an extra step in the redemption process. But was that the same points to dollar ratio? I feel like the store coupon deals was some extraordinary deal but I don’t remember the cost per dollar.

I already redeemed $20 just now on this deal and just wondering if I should exhaust my balance or wait it out (~22k points left)

I know last year the big deal was microsoft.com coupons and not straight up credit, forcing an extra step in the redemption process. But was that the same points to dollar ratio? I feel like the store coupon deals was some extraordinary deal but I don’t remember the cost per dollar.

I already redeemed $20 just now on this deal and just wondering if I should exhaust my balance or wait it out (~22k points left)
While this deal isn't as good as November's Hot Deal on Microsoft digital gift cards, a lot of people are considering cashing out this time because (a) these offers don't seem to be available that often and (b) supplies are limited which means that it could end at any time. Microsoft could just as easily run this promotion through the end of the year if it wanted to. It simply chooses not to and limits the number of digital gift cards that are available to drive more traffic to the Bing search engine. Well, that's what I think anyway.

I'd only cash out completely if there's something you want (or think you'll want) that badly.

While this deal isn't as good as November's Hot Deal on Microsoft digital gift cards, a lot of people are considering cashing out this time because (a) these offers don't seem to be available that often and (b) supplies are limited which means that it could end at any time. Microsoft could just as easily run this promotion through the end of the year if it wanted to. It simply chooses not to and limits the number of digital gift cards that are available to drive more traffic to the Bing search engine. Well, that's what I think anyway.

I'd only cash out completely if there's something you want (or think you'll want) that badly.
What am I missing, why isn't this as good as the November deal?

What am I missing, why isn't this as good as the November deal?
My mistake. It was the same deal except on Windows credit instead of Live credit. I was at work when I posted earlier. I actually had to check the Microsoft Rewards Reddit to make sure they were the same. Indeed, they were the same.

So is the consensus this is about as good as it gets for bing points & everyone should cash in?
not as good as it gets but close enough to where you will put your head through a window if you sleep on it and it disappears super early like it often does

cash out

I cashed out in November and used my credit to get 6 games via microsoftstore.com on Black Friday. I think I'll hold on this one and save up for Xbox Live Gold.

Checking on the 1000/500 point reward from last year, it occurred on 12/14. If it would be an annual event, it would likely happen within the next couple weeks. I would guess that since then, assuming it was a mistake/glitch, they implemented the 3 redemptions per day.

I don't think bing will ever have the $1 sale ever again. That was probably a one-off.

I'm loading up as much credit as possible for the Christmas sale.

What is a better deal...

$40 credit for 28k points.

Xbox live for one year for 29k

Or gamepass for one year for 29k

I keep going back and forth on this.

Grabbed a $10 code this morning. If I don't cash it in right away, it said it was good until 6/30/18. Considering buying Cuphead this weekend since it's on sale but I haven't paid $17 for a digital game in I don't know when.

What is a better deal...

$40 credit for 28k points.

Xbox live for one year for 29k

Or gamepass for one year for 29k

I keep going back and forth on this.
It really depends on what you want more in my opinion.

If there is a $40 game you dying to have but don't want to pay out of pocket for, then that makes sense.

Xbox Live goes on sale frequently and you can find year long codes for $40 or less if you keep your eye on CAG.

Gamepass hasn't really had many sales (outside the $1 month for Black Friday) and if there are digital codes you can buy for it I've never seen them (meaning no store sales either). So if you want gamepass that strikes me as the one least likely to go on sale significantly anywhere else. Cost wise $40 would get you what, 4 months of gamepass for same amount of points? Also, gamepass does a quest every month that gives away free things (typically for playing gamepass games) so that's something to keep in mind in terms of value.

I have an account just shy of 29k. I intend to use it on Gamepass for a year. My 2nd account is also getting up there, plan to use that for Xbox Live. I have a third account I only remember to do when really bored so maybe I'll cash in a couple thousand points for some freebie credit.

I know you have to spend the $5 within 90 days but how long can you wait to redeem the code?

It really depends on what you want more in my opinion.

If there is a $40 game you dying to have but don't want to pay out of pocket for, then that makes sense.

Xbox Live goes on sale frequently and you can find year long codes for $40 or less if you keep your eye on CAG.

Gamepass hasn't really had many sales (outside the $1 month for Black Friday) and if there are digital codes you can buy for it I've never seen them (meaning no store sales either). So if you want gamepass that strikes me as the one least likely to go on sale significantly anywhere else. Cost wise $40 would get you what, 4 months of gamepass for same amount of points? Also, gamepass does a quest every month that gives away free things (typically for playing gamepass games) so that's something to keep in mind in terms of value.

I have an account just shy of 29k. I intend to use it on Gamepass for a year. My 2nd account is also getting up there, plan to use that for Xbox Live. I have a third account I only remember to do when really bored so maybe I'll cash in a couple thousand points for some freebie credit.

I know you have to spend the $5 within 90 days but how long can you wait to redeem the code?
6/30/18.

bread's done
Back