* * * * * 1 votes

1TB PS4 Pro for $299 from 12/10-12/16 with Amazon $50 trade-in offer

PS4 Pro Amazon Trade-In

#61 Kubby1974   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Kubby1974

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Has anyone ever traded in a console with Amazon? Do I need the original box? They are giving a very high value for the Last of Us 500GB bundle...was wondering if I could just grab a copy of the game and mail it in together (minus the box) and get full value? Thanks!

#62 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

An agent on the phone said they could retroactively apply the trade in credit and the additional $50 to a pro purchased today. Amazon has always done good by us, so I trust them on this. (Plus they have the record of our conversation)

#63 bobaroo2  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

How would they know its the last of is bundle since the game was digital? Wouldnt it be just the regular original system?

#64 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

#65 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

How does amazon do when shipping a console and providing good box protection for the system ?

#66 Nekroflame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Nekroflame

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

Got my console today. Shipped it in a cardboard box with little protection. Box has a small ding on the back. Console works perfectly.

#67 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

Amazon let the "$50 sale" last a few hours extra into Sunday it seemed, but now prices are back to msrp.

Was able to just get in with my tradein being delivered and accepted a day earlier than expected.

#68 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1266 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:54 AM

Has anyone ever traded in a console with Amazon? Do I need the original box? They are giving a very high value for the Last of Us 500GB bundle...was wondering if I could just grab a copy of the game and mail it in together (minus the box) and get full value? Thanks!

I traded in a white destiny ps4 last year without the game and with a black ds4 and got full credit. I did have the original box and paperwork though.

#69 Looking4Deals  

Looking4Deals

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

So the ps4 pro is back to $400? Didnt even get my $50 coupon yet and I shipped it to them last week, just my luck.

#70 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

I bought it last week, and after talking to an agent, they said they would refund the coupon amount when the trade was approved.

#71 Pink_Floyd   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Pink_Floyd

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

I bought it last week, and after talking to an agent, they said they would refund the coupon amount when the trade was approved.

I talked to them on Saturday and they where defiant telling me I had to wait.

I've never had a trade take this long. Must be the holidays… needless to say I probably won't buy it from them, between shipping games in envelopes and arriving crushed to pre-orders arriving 3-4 days late I'm done with Amazons practices as of late.

#72 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

They should have mine tomorrow or the next, and I'll follow up on what happens.

#73 JefeJengibre  

JefeJengibre

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

I talked to them on Saturday and they where defiant telling me I had to wait.

I've never had a trade take this long. Must be the holidays… needless to say I probably won't buy it from them, between shipping games in envelopes and arriving crushed to pre-orders arriving 3-4 days late I'm done with Amazons practices as of late.

Told me the same thing... I got disconnected 3 times before the last person basically was like... I'll call you Monday and make this right. Traded in GTA IV for 360... of course... today... I get notified that it's being sent back because it doesn't match the item on their trade in page... which looks like a xbox 360 classic version of the game... Their trade in process is so confusing if there are multiple versions of a game... I ordered it too, but I dont know... Plan on sending in one more thing to trade in to get the deal... but if it doesn't get retroactively discounted then Im just going to return it. 

Took WAY too long for the entire process... Strange since Im used to being given the credit before i even SEND IT... 

#74 Pink_Floyd   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Pink_Floyd

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

My system got, rejected told me it didn't include everything even though I made sure (headset, power supply, HDMI etc.) they probably did because they didn't want the original model (Today I see it's unavailable for trade).

#75 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Well that's bs!

#76 maykol   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

The promo is still up although it states the end date was 12/16.

Can anyone confirm if we can still do this?

#77 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:29 AM

The price already went back up on the pro.

#78 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, this deal was SO BS. They accepted the game trade in that qualified us for the promotional discount of an additional $50, but then for some reason marked our ps4 trade in as in poor condition. Here's what we sent in:

1tb ps4, without scratches in perfect working condition, an new controller since we had to replace the originals with the defective stick rubber, all the cords, headset, paperwork, original box like new, original baggies everything came in, and even the original twist ties that were still in the box in storage!

How this could be marked as a poor condition trade in is beyond me!

And I even chatted with them last friday when the listing said two controllers, and the original system only came with one controller in the box. (The agent on chat said it was a typo in their part, and not to worry about it and just send it in.)

They have the transcripts of the chat as well.

I'll be happy if they at least give us the extra $50 off... we can trade everything in elsewhere for the same or more than what amazon offered, but this SO feels like a scam, with it hitting three days right before Christmas.

I'll never deal with their trade in thing ever again after this!

#79 Pink_Floyd   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Pink_Floyd

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, this deal was SO BS. They accepted the game trade in that qualified us for the promotional discount of an additional $50, but then for some reason marked our ps4 trade in as in poor condition. Here's what we sent in:

1tb ps4, without scratches in perfect working condition, an new controller since we had to replace the originals with the defective stick rubber, all the cords, headset, paperwork, original box like new, original baggies everything came in, and even the original twist ties that were still in the box in storage!

How this could be marked as a poor condition trade in is beyond me!

And I even chatted with them last friday when the listing said two controllers, and the original system only came with one controller in the box. (The agent on chat said it was a typo in their part, and not to worry about it and just send it in.)

They have the transcripts of the chat as well.

I'll be happy if they at least give us the extra $50 off... we can trade everything in elsewhere for the same or more than what amazon offered, but this SO feels like a scam, with it hitting three days right before Christmas.

I'll never deal with their trade in thing ever again after this!

Glad I'm not the only one. I guess the extra controller was what they rejected mine as well even though they couldn't say as to what was missing. 3 days later abs I haven't received my system back. Amazon is turning into GameStop.

#80 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

This worked out better for us in the end... We got the extra $50 9ff on the game we traded in, got our ps4 back yesterday, and after checking it out, traded it into gamestop for $175 cash.... Instead of the measly $122 Amazon was going to give us.

Gamestop has extra trade in deals and cash or credit on them through tomorrow, I think.