12/10-12/24: PSVR GT Bundle $200 Skyrim Bundle $350 Doom Bundle $300

lester47s

CAGiversary!
https://uploadvr.com/psvr-gran-turismo-sport-drops-200-next-week/

Not sure if this is legit, but if true...this is a great deal if you have been waiting on great price for the PSVR. The downside to this is that it has the old model headset, which is probably the reason why of the price cut. I will be waiting for a bundle with this price tag with the newer model headset. Hopefully a price drop for the Skyrim Bundle to $300 would be nice.

Update: It's true https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/holiday-deals/?smcid=pssocial:blog:hardware:tis_the_season_to_play_new_december_deals_for_ps4_pro_and_playstation_vr_systems:12_6_17/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just outdated with all the gaming news these days. Looks like no Skyrim Bundle for $300 coming.

On one hand, the PSVR deal is amazing even considering it's a gen 1 model, but on the other hand, it's a PSVR.

On one hand, the PSVR deal is amazing even considering it's a gen 1 model, but on the other hand, it's a PSVR.
Coming from an owner since launch: this is an accurate statement. I love and hate it at the same time. The experience is unique and should be experienced by everyone. On the other hand, the chords are annoying, the resolution is crappy and the bulkiness of current VR is less than desirable.

To be honest, the in home trial seems telling of the lack of success it’s having so this is a big wait for me. That and the wires involved will make me feel more like lawnmower man than tron.

Dang I just bought this bundle on Cyber Monday from Target. would they able to price match and give me back the difference or will I have to return it?

Good deal, but I just can't pull the trigger... though I really want one (if only for the novelty). I haven't used it yet, but all the games just look sorta gimmicky, and seems like it consists of mainly shovel-ware.

Coming from an owner since launch: this is an accurate statement. I love and hate it at the same time. The experience is unique and should be experienced by everyone. On the other hand, the chords are annoying, the resolution is crappy and the bulkiness of current VR is less than desirable.
Did you calibrate the distance of your PSVR? I heard this improves the image quality

Did you calibrate the distance of your PSVR? I heard this improves the image quality
Yep! This made a difference for me. I believe the default is set at 65mm for pupil distance. Graphics were OK, but I was having some eye strain and couldn't focus clearly on everything. Once adjusted the pupil distance (59mm for me), it really helped make everything more clear and I don't have eye strain with it anymore. It might not work for everyone, but worth testing it out.

Hmm, tempting. Can anyone recommend a good review site that outlines the differences between this model and the latest one? Are there major differences?

Is the new version of the standalone headset in stores with a price cut?
Since the Skyrim Bundle(new model) will have the same price as it had on Black Friday for $350...the standalone headset(new model) should have the same Black Friday price of $200 also, but I do think that it makes sense for Sony to cut the price to $150 for the standalone, if this happens...I will have no hesitation on getting it, and then I'll just get the camera and the move controllers separately.

I’ll just wait

No point in rushing, Skyrim bundle would be ideal at $200, let’s go clearance prices in early 2018
You haven't been following how well the PSVR is selling then have you? Sony is throwing a lot of weight behind this technology now. The PSVR is not going away anytime soon. In fact, VR in general is gaining a ton of steam. There will be no "clearance prices" in early 18. The Skyrim bundle continues to sell out.

Since the Skyrim Bundle(new model) will have the same price as it had on Black Friday for $350...the standalone headset(new model) should have the same Black Friday price of $200 also, but I do think that it makes sense for Sony to cut the price to $150 for the standalone, if this happens...I will have no hesitation on getting it, and then I'll just get the camera and the move controllers separately.
currently *only* 2 ways to get the V2.

1. Skyrim bundle

2. Doom VFR Bundle

the stand alone is V1. Thats why people have been complaining about the new headset.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/06/tis-the-season-to-play-new-december-deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/

And if you read the Sony blog post about the sale, it's *only* these three bundles on sale. (GT Sport V1, Skyrim and Doom V2)

Dang I just bought this bundle on Cyber Monday from Target. would they able to price match and give me back the difference or will I have to return it?

I would like to know this too. Haven’t opened my bundle yet

currently *only* 2 ways to get the V2.
1. Skyrim bundle
2. Doom VFR Bundle

the stand alone is V1. Thats why people have been complaining about the new headset.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/06/tis-the-season-to-play-new-december-deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/
And if you read the Sony blog post about the sale, it's *only* these three bundles on sale. (GT Sport V1, Skyrim and Doom V2)
The standalone V2 has been out since October in Japan https://youtu.be/TUBtONh5KVU it's possible that V2 is already on the shelves, you just have to check and make sure that its model# CUH-ZVR2

when you look up the stand alone bundle on amazon, shows discontinued, points to GT Sport bundle as the base now. All other headsets are marked discontinued except Gt Sport, Doom, Skyrim.

Seems to be an exclusive with Bethesda in NA for the V2 and Skyrim/Doom. Which is probably just timed and in a few months you will find V2 in a different bundle or the Gt Sport. Which would be a bad move for Sony to update the GT Sport bundle, better to make the GT Sport bundle a timed one, and create a whole new base bundle.

Japan is a whole different argument, Sony has many different bundles/consoles/whatever in Japan, and not anywhere else. (just look at the Vita)

You could be right, but why produce two different versions for the same bundle with new hardware, a month after the release (GT Sport)

I just don't see Sony thinking it wise to release a bundle, and a month later toss new hardware, new box art etc and re release it with zero press release. "Hey new PSVR owner, We just put new hardware in the very bundle *you* just purchased!" 

That would be some bad press for Sony...

Has to be a Bethesda deal imo.

To be honest, the in home trial seems telling of the lack of success it’s having so this is a big wait for me. That and the wires involved will make me feel more like lawnmower man than tron.
It's actually been very successful for them, they've already sold 2 million units and 12 million games, way above what they were expecting.

Basically the new model supports the HDR 4k?
The PSVR headset itself does not do either 4K or HDR, but version 2 does have a built in HDMI pass through to allow HDR signal from the PS4 to the TV for regular (non-VR) games.

Version 1 does not pass through the HDR signal, so if you leave your PSVR version 1 hooked up in the middle, you can't get HDR on your regular games unless you manually unplug and reattach every time you want to play regular games, or unless you buy a separate HDMI splitter.

The PSVR headset itself does not do either 4K or HDR, but version 2 does have a built in HDMI pass through to allow HDR signal from the PS4 to the TV for regular (non-VR) games.

Version 1 does not pass through the HDR signal, so if you leave your PSVR version 1 hooked up in the middle, you can't get HDR on your regular games unless you manually unplug and reattach every time you want to play regular games, or unless you buy a separate HDMI splitter.
Thanks for the info!

I appreciate your honesty. One of my main concerns is the cords and that also that you need to wear a headset too for good surround sound. You said the resolution is crappy, is that with standard PS4 or Pro? For $200 it’s priced low enough to give it a try but I’m pretty sure after RE, Farpoint. And eventually The Patient it will just collect dust.

Why is the doom vfr bundle $299 while the GT bundle is $199? Looks like they're the exact same, save for one comes with gt and one comes with doom.

Having tried doom on the vive, I can safely say that game is awful.

Why is the doom vfr bundle $299 while the GT bundle is $199? Looks like they're the exact same, save for one comes with gt and one comes with doom.

Having tried doom on the vive, I can safely say that game is awful.
Pointed out many times. There are two versions of the PSVR now.

GT Sport bundle=PSVR Version 1 (Launch version)

Doom VFR Bundle=PSVR Version 2 (Just released Nov 17th in Skyrim Bundle, and now Doom bundle)

Since not everyone watched it on the first page, here's a quick video by IGN telling you the differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREsEL8vb_0

Got one of the demo units Sony sent out that you could sign up for a few days ago.. it's not too bad Skyrim definitely sucks in VR the teleportation thing using the move controllers are meh.. the shooting games are kinda fun but if I can offer anyone any advice it's if you're really into having the best graphics and the best version of the game on any system definitely do not get the vr system... To me it kinda sucks to be honest it's like playing PlayStation 1 maybe 2 games in vr.. the concept is cool but it's definitely no way like no way worth anything over 129.99 .. oh well it's up to everyone but that's just my opinion

when you look up the stand alone bundle on amazon, shows discontinued, points to GT Sport bundle as the base now. All other headsets are marked discontinued except Gt Sport, Doom, Skyrim.

Seems to be an exclusive with Bethesda in NA for the V2 and Skyrim/Doom. Which is probably just timed and in a few months you will find V2 in a different bundle or the Gt Sport. Which would be a bad move for Sony to update the GT Sport bundle, better to make the GT Sport bundle a timed one, and create a whole new base bundle.

Japan is a whole different argument, Sony has many different bundles/consoles/whatever in Japan, and not anywhere else. (just look at the Vita)

You could be right, but why produce two different versions for the same bundle with new hardware, a month after the release (GT Sport)

I just don't see Sony thinking it wise to release a bundle, and a month later toss new hardware, new box art etc and re release it with zero press release. "Hey new PSVR owner, We just put new hardware in the very bundle *you* just purchased!"

That would be some bad press for Sony...

Has to be a Bethesda deal imo.
Here's a good read https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/10/original-playstation-vr-headset-now-discontinued/

The v1 model got discontinued, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Sony will not produce a Core version for the new model "CUH-ZVR2", it's only a matter of time until North America gets it. We will also likely not hear an official statement from Sony about this...being the reason for this is to not let the consumers know that there is a new VR model that is better, so they could sell the GT bundles in higher success.

Trying to decide between the Skyrim and the Grand Turismo bundle. I don't particularly care for either of these games but I do want the move controllers, I don't care for hdr at all as I don't own an her tv. I see it's $100 for the move controllers on their own.

Here's a good read https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/10/original-playstation-vr-headset-now-discontinued/
The v1 model got discontinued, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Sony will not produce a Core version for the new model "CUH-ZVR2", it's only a matter of time until North America gets it. We will also likely not hear an official statement from Sony about this...being the reason for this is to not let the consumers know that there is a new VR model that is better, so they could sell the GT bundles in higher success.
You mean like after the timed exclusive v2 bundles end with Bethesda...
which is exactly what I was saying.

I bet the GT Sport bundle is Sony’s way to get all their stock of V1 gone. Betting when they run out of V1’s the GT Sport bundle will also be discontinued and there will be a new bundle, with the v2.

And from the article dated nov 25th
While there remains no official release date for the CUH-ZVR2 model in North America
Uhhh that’s after the skyrim bundle launched, and the article says there is still no release date... I wouldn’t trust much of what they say.

Trying to decide between the Skyrim and the Grand Turismo bundle. I don't particularly care for either of these games but I do want the move controllers, I don't care for hdr at all as I don't own an her tv. I see it's $100 for the move controllers on their own.
I'm sure you could sell the Skyrim game on here to offset the price. Also, the gt bundle is 200. You then have to buy the move controllers. There's a hundred. You now at 300. If you sell the game for 25 profit your paying an extra 25 for the new model. The integrated headphones is nice. Neater wire setup and new breakout box and although you have no desire fir HDR, something unforseen may develop. Or you decide to sell it. Newer model probably would be more desirable I'm thinking.

Just some thoughts.

Crazy how PS Moves became so cheap at some point in the Ps3 life, now they went up in price. Are these newer models? I still got mine and also the Navigation controller (I think thats the name). Speaking of the nav controller, can I use it with the Vr?

Can anybody vouch for the durability of either headset? I've been through 2 sets of Gold Sony headphones (+1 Silver) and the plastic is crap and prone to cracking, This VR headset looks fragile and I'd hate to get a $2-300 peripheral that's just going to crack and be useless in a year. The front 'tongue' that adjusts the visor depth looks especially fragile to me.

I'm sure you could sell the Skyrim game on here to offset the price. Also, the gt bundle is 200. You then have to buy the move controllers. There's a hundred. You now at 300. If you sell the game for 25 profit your paying an extra 25 for the new model. The integrated headphones is nice. Neater wire setup and new breakout box and although you have no desire fir HDR, something unforseen may develop. Or you decide to sell it. Newer model probably would be more desirable I'm thinking.

Just some thoughts.
Good thinking. I'll get the Skyrim bundle and then sell the game for something I actually want to play.

Crazy how PS Moves became so cheap at some point in the Ps3 life, now they went up in price. Are these newer models? I still got mine and also the Navigation controller (I think thats the name). Speaking of the nav controller, can I use it with the Vr?
Don't think you can use the nav, but you can use the old Move controllers.

Mother****er. I felt so great about my $200 base BF deal but this is basically the same with free GT Sport :whistle2:/

Nav controller has no function on PSVR. Not even sure if it can connect to the PS4/PSVR. But yeah, the price of the move controllers is a perfect example of supply and demand. They were super cheap cause no one wanted them years after PS Move died. Then once you need them for PSVR, everyone wants them again so the price soars. I’m sad I lost my bundle of 4 - still have no idea where they went. Getting close to buying 2 used one for $24 each from GS. Also, I believe the used ones are just the old school PS3 ones. I’m assuming (or just hoping) the New bundled ones ($90-100) have new batteries in them.

bread's done
Back