The Game Awards PSN Sale Ends 12/9 - $15 Doom, $22.49 Hellblade, $20 Nioh, $20 Uncharted: TLL, $30 Wolfenstein II, & More!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Sale Page

PS4

Assassin's Creed Origins - $41.99 - 30% Off

Assassin's Creed Origins Deluxe Edition - $48.99 - 30% Off

Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition - $69.99 - 30% Off

Call of Duty: WWII - $49.79 - 17% Off

Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe - $89.99 - 10% Off

Destiny 2 - $38.99 - 35% Off

Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - $69.99 - 30% Off

Destiny 2 Game + Expansion Pass Bundle - $64.79 - 28% Off

Dishonored 2 - $19.99 - 50% Off

Doom - $14.99 - 50% Off

PSVR Farpoint - $29.99 - 40% Off

FIFA 18 - $35.99 - 40% Off

FIFA 18 Icon Edition - $59.99 - 40% Off

FIFA 18 Ronaldo Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off

Final Fantasy XIV Online Complete Edition - $29.99 - 50% Off

Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition - $9.99 - 50% Off

Final Fantasy XIV - Stormblood - $19.99 - 50% Off

Final Fantasy XV - $19.99 - 60% Off

Final Fantasy XV Digital Premium Edition - $29.99 - 60% Off

Fortnite Deluxe Founder's Pack - $35.99 - 40% Off
Fortnite Limited Edition Founder's Pack - $89.99 - 40% Off
Fortnite Standard Founder's Pack - $23.99 - 40% Off
Fortnite Super Deluxe Founder's Pack - $53.99 - 40% Off
Grand Theft Auto V - $29.99 - 50% Off

Grand Theft Auto V & Great White Shark Cash Card - $34.19 - 55% Off

Grand Theft Auto V & Megalodon Shark Cash Card - $61.19 - 55% Off

Grand Theft Auto V & Whale Shark Cash Card - $44.54 - 55% Off

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - $22.49 - 25% Off

Icey - $10.49 - 30% Off

Injustice 2 - $29.99 - 40% Off

Injustice 2 Deluxe Edition - $41.99 - 40% Off

Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition - $53.99 - 40% Off

Inside - $9.99 - 50% Off

Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition - $17.49 - 30% Off

Life is Strange Complete Season - $4.99 - 75% Off

Mortal Kombat X - $9.99 - 50% Off

NBA 2K18 - $41.99 - 30% Off

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition - $59.99 - 40% Off

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold - $119.99 - 20% Off

Nioh - $19.99 - 50% Off

Nioh: The Complete Edition - $29.99 - 40% Off

No Man's Sky - $23.99 - 60% Off

Persona 5 - $29.99 - 50% Off

Persona 5: Ultimate Edition - $87.49 - 30% Off

Prey - $19.99 - 50% Off

Pyre - $11.99 - 40% Off

PSVR :ps4: Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $29.99 - 50% Off

PSVR :ps4: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Deluxe Edition - $49.49 - 45% Off

PSVR :ps4: Rez Infinite - $17.99 - 40% Off

South Park: The Fractured but Whole - $41.99 - 30% Off

South Park: The Fractured but Whole Gold - $62.99 - 30% Off

Street Fighter V - $19.99 - 50% Off

Street Fighter V 2017 Deluxe Edition - $39.99 - 50% Off

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands and Rainbow Six Siege - $49.99 - 50% Off

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - $19.99 - 60% Off

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Complete Edition - $39.99 - 60% Off

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Gold Edition - $29.59 - 63% Off

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - $27.99 - 30% Off

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - $19.99 - 50% Off

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - $7.99 - 60% Off

What Remains of Edith Finch - $14.99 - 25% Off

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition - $24.99 - 50% Off

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - $29.99 - 50% Off

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition - $39.99 - 50% Off

XCOM 2 - $19.79 - 67% Off

XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - $24.74 - 67% Off

PS4 Add-ons

Grand Theft Auto V - Online Megalodon Shark Cash Card - $89.99 - 10% Off

Warframe - 170 Platinum - $6.99 - 30% Off

Warframe - 370 Platinum - $12.99 - 35% Off

Warframe - 1000 Platinum + Rare Mod - $29.99 - 40% Off

Warframe - 2100 Platinum + Dual Rare Mod - $54.99 - 45% Off

Warframe - 3210 Platinum + Triple Rare Mod - $74.99 - 50% Off

XCOM 2 - War of the Chosen - $29.99 - 33% Off

Considering Hellblade and Pyre since this is the first either have been on sale, but I know I should still hold off since I have an endless backlog.

As someone whose a newbie when it comes to RPGs, would Pyre be recommended? It's really the only non-retail game I'm interested in.
I enjoyed what I’ve played of it. It’s much different than a typical RPG with combat being more like a basketball game with power ups and crazy stuff. The story itself is kinda just ok.

Thanks Frisky! :bouncy:

Thinking of getting No Man's Sky. I've been looking for a chill game, have plenty of murder time-fun time games. Is it worth it at $23.99??? Or do I wait for cheaper????

Last edited by a moderator:
Any reason I wouldn't want Nioh: Complete at this price?  Is there even a physical version out there?

Steam is another option, but even there it's $39.99.

Thinking of getting No Man's Sky. I've been looking for a chill game, have plenty of murder time-fun time games. Is it worth it at $23.99??? Or do I wait for cheaper????
Cheaper physical and not worth $25 anyway.

And I wish the FFXV season pass itself was on sale. Already have the game but want to play the DLC.

Dammit! I just bought vanilla Nioh for $16 w GCU and finally just opened like two days ago. I much rather would have liked it digital for $20 or deluxe for $30. Crap...

If you're into survival/crafting games (Minecraft, Don't Starve, Terraria, etc), it's a fun game with a good variety of ways to play (normal, hardcore, creative) and good post-launch support to improve a lot of things about the game.

Dammit! I just bought vanilla Nioh for $16 w GCU and finally just opened like two days ago. I much rather would have liked it digital for $20 or deluxe for $30. Crap...
GameStop has a Trade in 4 Games, Get 50% Bonus Credit deal going on now, so Nioh's $12 changes to $18 if you have a few more games to go with it and can largely pay off the cost of the base game and upgrade to the DE for not much more.

GameStop has a Trade in 4 Games, Get 50% Bonus Credit deal going on now, so Nioh's $12 changes to $18 if you have a few more games to go with it and can largely pay off the cost of the base game and upgrade to the DE for not much more.
Yup, that's exactly what I did today. Traded some old ps1 games as well. That's my 3rd time this year trading physical for digital. It so damn convenient. Anyhow Thanks for all you do Frisky.
30 gigs left on on Nioh download, guess I'll play some Shadow of Mordor or ACO

I enjoyed what I’ve played of it. It’s much different than a typical RPG with combat being more like a basketball game with power ups and crazy stuff. The story itself is kinda just ok.
Thanks for for input, I'll keep that in mind. Might check out some gameplay videos for good measure.

Offering some impressions of some of the lesser known games from this sale:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice -
An action-adventure game that has a cool setting and amazing audio design (headphones recommended) that tries to offer some idea of what somebody with psychosis might be experiencing in this sort of situation. It's a solid game made to be like a big budget game, but made on a reasonable budget so that they've already reached their profitability point three months after launch.

Inside -
Great puzzle platformer from the team that made Limbo that has a bigger variety of settings and things you're doing, but doesn't stray too far from what their first game was great at.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition -
Follow up to the original series that takes place sometime after Max has left town for Seattle as Chloe is dealing with the loss of her father and her best friend while meeting Amber and seeing that relationship blossom under some weird circumstances. Episode 3 is out on 12/20 and the Bonus Episode that's exclusive to the DE is out early 2018 features Max and Chloe with their original voice actors that is set before BtS starts.

Pyre -
The next game from Supergiant Games (Transistor, Bastion) and it's another great game from that team. It's mostly a visual novel of sorts where you're leading a group of exiles from the Citadel through purgatory where you're competing against other groups of exiles in the Rites for a chance of returning to the Citadel, which is full of some great story and characters that was a lot of fun to get to the end after about 15 hours or so in the campaign. The VN stuff is the majority of the game. The Rites themselves are a sport of sort that I'd liken to PvP Powerball from American Gladiators, as you have a team of three exiles attempting to get the ball and slam it into the other team's pyre with each exile having different abilities, stats, and such that allow you to have different ways to play and attack the other team's weaknesses during each match.

What Remains of Edith Finch -
This is a great narrative adventure game from the team behind The Unfinished Swan, as you are Edith Finch returning to the infamous Finch family home where each member of the family that lived there got their own fantastical rooms where they died in spectacular ways. You explore the house, learn about each of your former family members and how they perished, and come to some ultimate realization about the family's legacy that was a lot of fun to experience. I'd put this as part Gone Home and part The Addam's Family.

My video of Pyre if you want to see that in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGkOTIA3bk

Thanks for gameplay vids Frisky! Looks like I'll be nabbing Pyre for sure.

Edit: Well after watching the trailer vids for Inside, Icey, and What Remains of Edith Finch I'm now undecided on which to buy. I can only buy one and would like some impressions of the three titles above.

Not surprising, but two of the games I highlight above won awards at the show. Hellblade won Best Performance for the main character/performance capture artist, Best Audio Design, and Games For Impact awards. What Remains of Edith Finch won the Best Narrative award.

bread's done
Back